Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Don's '09 mini rig #2...SSShockless with BTA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

So clean! What a cool design.
Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys, here is another short vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0o1Vh_bWXE I'm awaiting the new proto parts (hint hint Solomon) but man this thing is a blast to drive.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #63

so what do you think you guys will charge fo this chassis? and is it going to be a production chassis or will you guys do just a limited run?
joemama32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #64
RCC Addict

well that rig keeps getting better. looks like your figuring out the set up fast . i have big hopes for this chassis. keep up the good work
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys, this is planned to release for at least a limited run and should cost a bit less than the Mini SS and you wont have to buy shocks.

BG, oddly enough, I have yet to change from my original setup. I keep going out to shoot vids and keep looking for tougher and tougher lines and somehow keep pulling them off...the vids don't do these lines justice at all I'm just learing how to drive this lil beast and having fun doing so! Note the third scene in proto vid 3 (starts at 1:25 into the vid), the gap is to a point of the next rock coming towards you. The small part of the gap on the right side is 4" and the larger gap on the left is 8". Slowly sliding across is not an easy option, which makes this thing shine because when I grabbed a handful of throttle, it just lunged forward...no twisting, no cocking, just reaching for that next rock. My revised side plates should finally be here today...issues with the mail peeps. I will try and take some better vids over the next few days that will give a better perspective on what this guy is really doing. I'll also be taking it to it's first comp on Saturday (kidney stone permitting).

Don
Old 01-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Thanks guys, this is planned to release for at least a limited run and should cost a bit less than the Mini SS and you wont have to buy shocks.

BG, oddly enough, I have yet to change from my original setup. I keep going out to shoot vids and keep looking for tougher and tougher lines and somehow keep pulling them off...the vids don't do these lines justice at all I'm just learing how to drive this lil beast and having fun doing so! Note the third scene in proto vid 3 (starts at 1:25 into the vid), the gap is to a point of the next rock coming towards you. The small part of the gap on the right side is 4" and the larger gap on the left is 8". Slowly sliding across is not an easy option, which makes this thing shine because when I grabbed a handful of throttle, it just lunged forward...no twisting, no cocking, just reaching for that next rock. My revised side plates should finally be here today...issues with the mail peeps. I will try and take some better vids over the next few days that will give a better perspective on what this guy is really doing. I'll also be taking it to it's first comp on Saturday (kidney stone permitting).

Don
sweet, def looking forward to this release
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

I am really likin this thing Don its very impressive.
DNA is really puttin out some great stuff.
I really like the outside of the box thinkin put into this design
what thickness of delrin are you using on this thing?
swisherteets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisherteets View Post
I am really likin this thing Don its very impressive.
DNA is really puttin out some great stuff.
I really like the outside of the box thinkin put into this design
what thickness of delrin are you using on this thing?
Thanks guy, it uses 1/8" thick Delrin.

Don
Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #69
RCC Addict

stones are no fun,(ouch), those # make that gap impresive . i like the flat jump and sticking on that second rock. looks like its breaking in nicely. cant wait to do some testing of my own.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #70
AKA 2G's

Great Job Don, Not bad for it's first comp. He let me drive it and i think it's going to be the truck to beat. Cant wait to get one .

86jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Now that's impressive.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86jeep View Post
Great Job Don, Not bad for it's first comp. He let me drive it and i think it's going to be the truck to beat. Cant wait to get one .

nice, where can i preorder
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #73
RCC Addict

great driving don. congrats i knew this rig had tons of potential. where you running the blue claws or the gladiators?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #74
Holmes Hobbies

Very nice,with the the size of that gap makes it even more impressive.
Stones now,man you have all the luck,I thought I had it bad
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86jeep View Post

Even better when you consider my nephew drove one of the courses for me since I was feeling a bit under the weather with this stone issue! Not to mention, this will still the first proto as I didn't have time to get the revised version done and setup in time. We were running the blue rock bashers and they hooked up very well. Later on I drove it on the 2.2 course 2...with exception of a touch at gate 6, stradling a gate on seven, and not quite being able to reach up for the finish gate...it made it the whole way through.

Thanks guys, we will definitely continue pushing on with design on this guy till we are happy...as it did amazingly well for it's first time on a course!

Don
Old 01-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #76

...so whats this Brian guy running? I definately want one of these when its available. Great job!
getbent2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #77
AKA 2G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent2night View Post
...so whats this Brian guy running? I definately want one of these when its available. Great job!
Brian did drive great Sat., He had a custom tuber. Eric and i had mini slingshots, Not bad three DNA rigs in the top four .
86jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Hey Don what would you think of a cutting a center section out of the links and putting like a carb spring from a Car connectin the links back together just an idea. I think it would keep all four wheels planted. If i had the tools i would try it myself.
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Might be an idea worth tryin samdog

ok, so here is an update. The new (final) revision DID eliminate all axle wrap. allowed a bit more flex, made it smoother reacting, and gave more upper link mounting options. I also narrowed the skid by .4" for my comp rig. This thing is an animal!

On to the pics... I'll post up new vids in the next few days. I have been so so busy drivin this thing I forgot to set up the vid cam.

Don
DNA R/C
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #80
RCC Addict

looking good don, is that what i think i see in the last pic.