Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: gonna buy one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #1

Default gonna buy one

i think i have decided on the mrc since it comes with everything right out of the box. what all can you tell me about them that are like free or cheap mods that i can do right away to help it out. i have heard about the tranny flip but i cant seem to find a how to or why it is done. is there anything else that i should know before buying one . thanks
450rbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #2

Just go buy one and you'll love it. I was thinking back and forth for awhile then just made the jump and its been great. Tons and tons of options for parts and this site has tons of people ready to help.

I've had mine for a few days and the only mod I did so far was add weights inside the front wheels and even that made a nice difference.
v6stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
RCC Addict

read read read , then ask questions. these thing are fun out of the box and with a few simple mods they wake right up. look at badgers thread . great tech for sure.and then just keep reading. all the info you need is in this section. ill post some links for you to check out. buy it. you wont be disappointed.

badgers thread Badger's Losi Mini Crawlers
yukons mini gc2 My mini gc2

docj33p's build My entry into the min crowd.

that should get you started. and give you an idea of where to go with it .also here is my old snipe build thread. BILLYGOATS DMG snipe build thread
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Here's what I've done to mine so far, in the cheap/free category:MRC with cheap and free mods

The trans is flipped to make room for mounting other things up towards the front, or lower in the chassis in my case. I did it to allow mounting the battery lower down in the chassis. I don't like mounting the stock battery on the servo, or on the rear axle, so this seemed to me the best solution.
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Funny...I could have sworn I replied here yesterday with info useful to the original poster? I guess my posts are going into a black hole somewhere?
Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450rbronco View Post
i have heard about the tranny flip but i cant seem to find a how to or why it is done.
It's done to make room to mount things further forward in the chassis or lower in the chassis. I flipped mine so I could lower the battery down for a better COG. See here:MRC with cheap and free mods

Last edited by garyk; 01-18-2009 at 06:10 AM.