Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Gfresh's mini juice build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I am liking it lots. ALthough not used it outside yet (we have snow and ice covering everything for the past few weeks. Might be a while before we dry out.

It feels quite light and very snappy. With the FX-R throttle profile set to (2) its is very smooth at low speeds with good punch and decent wheelspeed when needed. It suits my driving style (prefer a slow and steady approach, with quick bursts when needed).

Self rights quite well too. (If my reactions are quick enough!).

Belly clearance is good too,.

Overall a moderate improvement over my GC-3. But I have put many hours building this one.

Wish we had 1.9 comps in the UK though. I am itching to give it a go!
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #22

Default mini juice

I love it. I want one for my mrc keep crawling
johncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Some subtle changes. Also did some testing and shakedown (sat in front room crawling over furniture and boxes, the ususal!)

Re did the over the axle steering link.

Clocked the front axle slightly (didn't want to over do it, but I can increase the clock by flipping the knuckles (they are offset on the MRC)).

Old 12-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default Axle Clocking improved a tad.

Improved the clocking of the front axle, flipped the knuckles (being off set) to give more caster. Much happier with result now.
Required more fettling with steering links to get full lock.
Made up some new upper links (+3mm) to angle diff and take off a little of the clocking (was a tad too much at first).
Not had chance to test yet (limited to couch and carpet testing until the weather lifts).

Waiting for some dome head (button head) bolts for beadlock rings to arrive in post. Current ones stand proud by 2mm, hope to reduce snags with the button headed bolts (and flip the rings to wavy on outside!).
Running RC4WD grey foams in front and rear (x-locks). Front, I cut small "v"s in the foam to soften the tread a little.

ho hum, soon the rocks will dry and I will get to try this little rig out proper.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Great build! The steering angle's are awesome. Makes me want to build another MRC
nytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Ground dried up a touch, got out on the rocks for first time since mini juice build, (still ffn freezing and there was some ice on the rocks still)

Apologies for no sound (my camera's video output is too high for my netbook and Windows movie maker to handle, so it gets lost somewhere. I might do some better videos when weather improves (yeah ages away) and try and get some whining noises and motor noises in there (gotta love a crawlers sounds!))

Last edited by Gfresh; 01-04-2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Sound added to video
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #27
RCC Addict

wow, that crawls great man! bring it to a sweet spot! wanna see it rock n roll
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #28
WTF
Pebble Pounder

I could hear the motor whinin' just fine, sounded great (just saw ur edit...) Your rig looks smooth, quite capable. X-locks workin' good for ya? Seen more people runnin' them lately... Did they stiffen up at all in the cold weather? looked pretty grippy in the video...
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the video, enjoyed seeing that thing in action.
nytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I could hear the motor whinin' just fine, sounded great (just saw ur edit...) Your rig looks smooth, quite capable. X-locks workin' good for ya? Seen more people runnin' them lately... Did they stiffen up at all in the cold weather? looked pretty grippy in the video...
X-locks seem great (i tested them against Rovers when the weather was a tad warmer, and they seemed very similar in grip, with slightly better clearance (2 or 3mm taller).
In colder weather or damp conditions I reckon the Rovers still wins by a bit - the X-locks seem to need more wheel speed when damp/cold where the Rovers remain grippy.

I have been using X-locks for a couple of months now, I like the fact they are not Rovers! Everyone is using Rovers (because they are so good). I like to try and be a bit different if possible.

thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Great build thread i really enjoyed that

I think i need to try dialling in some caster on my truck.
Does it make much difference?

Cheers
Mark
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Great Build...looks awesome..thinkin about switching chassis from dark soul to mini juice
scteggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Default Rovorons.

Made up some 4.25" rovers this week. Was a hateful job, but now they are done, seems worth it. Just what i wanted, tall rovers.

heres some shots (not the neatest I know, but if you want neat, buy some from Crawler InNOVAtions, they look super):

Last edited by Gfresh; 01-15-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Default Flatovers

Anyway, I have some flat iron treads and rover sidewalls leftover. This is what can be made - a reduced flat iron (3.9"), not sure I can face glueing more tires. Could be useful for some scale stuff? or a MRC that doesn't want (flat iron) tires that rub?

Reduced size flat iron:

Old 01-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #35
RCC Addict

woah, looks awesome, but can you comp with 4.25??
Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
woah, looks awesome, but can you comp with 4.25??
4.25 is max legal size.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

This afternoon, I swapped out the Holmes hobbies torquemaster mini 33T for the HHTMM 22T.

A jump up in wheel speed. I was nervous that I would lose low down control (i like to go slow), but seems good.

Crawler is getting very lively now with all this wheel speed. Hope all the other components can hold out! (had one wheel nut come loose, I thought I have broken a shaft or something - the relief when I found the nut and wheel spinning on the stub.).

Not sure how the 22T will affect run times - anyone else tried the 33T and 22T?

Can't wait to get out on some decent rocks when the weathe picks up (ages away )
Old 01-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
4.25 is max legal size.
oo, okay thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfresh View Post
This afternoon, I swapped out the Holmes hobbies torquemaster mini 33T for the HHTMM 22T.

A jump up in wheel speed. I was nervous that I would lose low down control (i like to go slow), but seems good.

Crawler is getting very lively now with all this wheel speed. Hope all the other components can hold out! (had one wheel nut come loose, I thought I have broken a shaft or something - the relief when I found the nut and wheel spinning on the stub.).

Not sure how the 22T will affect run times - anyone else tried the 33T and 22T?

Can't wait to get out on some decent rocks when the weathe picks up (ages away )

o.O i want one!!

lol i think the runtimes wont be affected too much unless you gas too much
Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Default 1st comp

I organisned the first 1.9 comp in the UK last weekend (27th March).
Not much interest - but its early days for the MRC in comps. Two of us!
it was great fun laying out courses (we ran 3 courses, both ways = 6 courses). Really tested us and also impressed us with the MRC's ability.

unfortunatley no photos, maybe next time!

I sufferred a broken gear in the transmission on gate 5 of the first course!, little nut made it through the rest of the course and completed the reverse of the course (#2). AFter that I swapped out the gears between courses (one tooth missing on the mid gear).

results:

Apart from AdzG's "hiccup" on course 2, we were fairly well matched - both rigs were very different but very capable.

thanks for watching!