Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Never ending MRC comp'r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Never ending MRC comp'r

Little truck did ok last year, but had much room for improvement. I was happy with the chassis' performance, so the Dark Soul 'Chino' gets a second life. I rebuild the diffs, trans, and added some new goodies from along the way. (There are some crappy cells pics, so adjust )
How we started after the end of last year

Rebuilt and regreased trans. No pics of the axles but installed new pinions and ring gears from Hillsborough RC Hobby shop. Picked up a fresh set of MRC comp shocks from Pat to replace the Yeah Racing shocks.

Also ditched the plastic rear lockouts and dog bones/drive cups.

Last edited by ram_tough; 11-03-2011 at 06:04 PM.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Ive gotten a few suggestions to lighten up and to relocate the ESC. I was going to modify an old ax10 servo plate for the rear, but instead I found this in a spare parts bag.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Much better Ram. Can't wait to get it out and comp with you and the GSRCRC guys. See you at Motorama.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Ok so heres what I was able to come up with. Moved all electronics forward and was able to make all new, longer upper links. I had wanted to do this after reading some more about chassis and suspension set-up for improved roll center and handling. I had been putting it off but why I dont remember, it was easy and super beneficial.

New rear plate and delrin upper links. If you look, there is nothing in the chassis behind the trans.

Front shot. I reused the plate from the back to mount the ESC on the new, longer upper links. The BEC is up top hangin free for now, waiting on gunnar mounts to secure it.

Side profile. Still not 100% on the wires running past the spur but it works for now. I might try to fab up some kind of lexan piece to sit in there. The last thing I still need to experiment with is lipo placement. Might try the rear links/4-link plate instead of the side of the chassis. Damn snow and sub-freezing temps
Old 03-10-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Just a few updates from the past few weeks. I worked out a custom foam set-up to run for cold weather in place of the Proline memory foams. Its a Crawler Innovations Lil'nova soft foam streched around the stock rover foam. It has decent give and excellent side-hill when combined with the Losi beadlocks.

And just a quick pic of the new paint at Motorama.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Thread resurrection

After some wheeling and dealing here I picked up some new parts for this thing. First I want to upgrade the front axle. Im finally fed up with breaking CVD's so going to try and get some LCC shafts in there. Ill be using Dlux adaptors to use LCC c's and knuckles.

Heres where it currently sits. I was really impressed with brazwewn's MRC and how clean the front end is after he did this on his Losi MRC "The Smurf" build. Time will tell if I can duplicate.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

In your second pic it looks like you have yet to pop on those dlux c's. You better get to steppin. That might be my favorite single rc mod out there yet.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote