Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Gc-3 help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #1

Default Gc-3 help

ive tried useing the search button with no results yet so i need help. im half way dne with my new gc-3 build but the links are all really really stiff there is no play at all ive tried losening bolts stared at it and now im here... so this is a list of my issues

1. the links feel really stiff?
2. the upperlinks hit the springs bad?
3. how do i mount the shocks?
4. i thought this chassis rocked i hope im just dumb

thanks for any help i get.
Just crawl it is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

A picture is worth a thousand words my friend! Snap one of what you got, and I'm sure we can get it sorted.

This pic is pretty good at showing how everything goes together
Subarutex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

the gC3 is a great chassis, but requires a little "adjustment" at first, main thing is getting rid of the binding of the lower links (opening up the skid a little and using flanged rod ends.)

theres loads of help on here for gc3 stuff. try this thread for some info:
Matt's Mini GC-3 Build

then search fr GC-3 .

good luck, G
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
RCC Addict

1. shave your derlin skid plate where the links hit the skid. its a major issue..

2. you will need outboard shocks. i still havent done it, since i havent seen such a need for it.. just hits the spring.. thats all

3. outboard kit from losi

4.dont worry, its been a huge issue for me and some others

hope that helps
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #5

Back the nuts on the lower link use the lock tite to hold the nuts on. I mounted the upper links inboard of the chassis. It works great and didn,t have to modify or buy anything extra.
All so I didn't tighten the ball ends on the upper and lower links all the way,that really lossens up the the suspension.

Last edited by Adapted eye; 04-10-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added text
Adapted eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

if your links are really stiff it may be because the links are threaded too far into the rod ends and its pinching the ball which in turn dose not allow it to move
crawler pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I just barely finished putting together my GC 3 and have had all similar probs. One main thing crawler pilot mentioned was a big problem for me. Make sure you don't over tighten the rod ends when putting them on the rod.

I still get some binding and am going to have to try some more suggestions here that I'm hoping help, such as open the bottom skid plate more. All I did was file edges down but giving more room for flanged balls would solve a lot of issues I'm having as well. I'll try it
Getrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

GC-3 definatley requires the skid filing open a fair bit, then flanged rod ends fitting (revo shock rod ends are great).
As long as the skid is opened up enough and any binds removed, the suspension will be supple and nice (I ran mini T super soft pinks spring with my GC-3 and it was supple and articulated very well, no binds.)

The GC3 is a superb chassis, shame it needs some tweaking to get it there. Hang in there, its worth it!
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #9

you need to space the top shock mounts away from the side plates about a 1/8 of a inch i did mine by drilling and tapping new holes because i couldnt find a long enough threaded ball screw things and screwed the into the side plates
Dougie67 is offline   Reply With Quote