Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Is the sound my axles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question Is the sound my axles?

Under a bind I get a clicking sound on my Losi Pro. It sounds like something get stripped out. I've watched the spur and pinion (both still plastic) and it's not coming from them. Any ideas on this?

Side note, added rear bent links and can't believe the difference.
mmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Probably. Mine did that in the rear axle; I took it apart, shimmed the gear, and put it back together using through bolts and nuts. That took care of it.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

hold the rig down with your hand, throttle it a little. makes the sound, its your trans. if is quiet till it moved, its the axle. check my build thread to see how to make mini beef tubes to remove slack in the side to side of the diff..

i still use my cheap "stethoscope" that helps find chattering engine valves, for these little boggles.
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGMJunkie View Post
hold the rig down with your hand, throttle it a little. makes the sound, its your trans. if is quiet till it moved, its the axle. check my build thread to see how to make mini beef tubes to remove slack in the side to side of the diff..

i still use my cheap "stethoscope" that helps find chattering engine valves, for these little boggles.
How do I "check your build thread". I would read that info for sure. Seems like it does it when it moves a bit. If you apply enough force to stop movement then it doesn't do it. Metal trans gears are in my future.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

BWD Mini Wedge with Dub Topper build

there's my mrc thread. I stumbled upon the idea when a section of tubing was laying at the axle, and it fit perfect. with my lcc axle swap, they are in the way, but with stock mrc parts, they fit fine, and add a little strength and weight to the axle housings. i had used them to squeeze the locker against the pinion gear.
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGMJunkie View Post
BWD Mini Wedge with Dub Topper build

there's my mrc thread. I stumbled upon the idea when a section of tubing was laying at the axle, and it fit perfect. with my lcc axle swap, they are in the way, but with stock mrc parts, they fit fine, and add a little strength and weight to the axle housings. i had used them to squeeze the locker against the pinion gear.
Thanks for the info.