Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC FOFF Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Losi MRC FOFF Build

Just to keep things simple I'm just gonna post a link to my FOFF build thread. There are a few ideas that some of you crawlin type folks might like and find useful.

Many have asked about MRC FOFF builds, with none shown. At this point I will call mine the first build, and I'm challenging you guys to finish one before me. Come on guys, I know a lot of you have a LOT more spare parts than me. Quit asking questions, build, and post!

Still building, but take a look-
Brian's "bucket uh bolts" Mini FOFF build.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Losi MRC FOFF Build

I just recently built a foff style mrc as well. I didn't use paddle tires tho like most foff builders do. I built it using a mini t teens, mrc axles and a 2.2 tcs edge chassis. Pretty cool for my first attempt but i'm currently redoing the setup. I'll ***** some pics as I do it.
jared86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Well damn, I guess I'm not the first. Lets see what you got so far...it does the RC community no good if you don't share.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'm planning to post up some pics...idk how to with a phone and at the moment my computer is being repaired...lol. Got any insight of how to do that? Pm me
Old 11-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Jared, on android.. download snap bucket an Photobucket .. take pics with snap bucket an save them, they go to ur Photobucket account. Click on ur pics in ur Photobucket account, when they come up, guy the menu button, click on the bottom one. Starts an ends with "img" .. it saves, then you come back to ur thread, long hold an click paste... Now it in ur thread.. make sure you double space before an after the pic for best result in ur thread..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Awesome bro...much appreciated. I'll be posting pics the the next day or so then..
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #7

What is the intent when doing this? Will it still be a crawler or more of a 4wd basher?

Sorry still new. It looks awesome right now....looking forward to seeing more of this.
ignorant_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Newb.. the intent is to build something an run it.. if you have spare mrc parts, ya build it out of a mrc. Like his post says.. he is building or doin the first build thread on it.. its bout reading, learning, wrenching, an building to run whats fun..
Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #9

Didn't mean anything negative by what I said. I think its pretty cool actually. Since I am a newb, I am doing just what you said...reading, learning and asking questions.

After all, this is the first MRC FOFF build right? This thread is where the learning begins for everyone when it comes to this type of build.......right?

SO, will this still be a crawler or more of a basher? Dont see anything wrong with this question.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I didn't take anything negative from it. Was just answering.. tho I just reread what I posted, it does sound off.. my bad.. wasn't what I was thinking or how it was meant to sound. Foff's are normally for speed so prolly more of bashing then crawling.. maybe doubled for both..
Old 11-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Foff builds are usually crawler based lowered looking trucks built for speed for bashing and hill climbing. But everyone has they're own twist or idea and it just does from there. You could ask 10 people they definition of a foff and you'll get 10 didn't answers of how they should be built but the end concept is the same. Crawler based lowered semi scale vehicles with a fast motor and typically paddle tires.

I'm working on getting some pics around to upload...sorry for all the delay. I've got a busy schedule...lol.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Here they are...I Hope they post correct. Lol. First try

The mini foff is a steel tuber with bug body, Axial Trans, mrc axles, junfac steel drive shafts...custom cut to fit. gotta find a set of 1.9 paddles. Nit sure what motor and esc I want. I know I want brushless. I had an xl5 with Orion 19t but I wanna change that up.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Bam! Lol. It worked. Thanks winnerone23!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #14

That looks awesome man!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Thanks. I'm gonna make it look a little more scale than what some other people do. But that's the fun...make something no one else has.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:45 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Giving this another go-round with a little help from the CAD program this time around. Shooting for small and lightweight. Really small and REALLY light weight...

Just designing/building as I go-
MRC based micro/mini FOFF build...
Old 05-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #17
RCC Addict

^Alright mini guys, I bumped the thread with a few new parts I want to try out. Getting VERY excited over these parts, and can't wait to try them out. Shapeways' "strong and flexible" nylon should be just the ticket for something that will spend most of it's time jumping sand piles and running into things. Lol.

Remember, a little flex is ALWAYS better than broken parts. A little flex in plastic parts could very well be what helps your go-fast rig survive the stupid stuff.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Wish ya luck on your prototype parts looks like its gonna be a blast to fling around in the sand!
T_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote

Losi MRC FOFF Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where the Foff am I gonna foff build ctrwannabe Formula Offroad 8 11-30-2012 07:37 PM
Losi MRC Pro build. TedBull Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 12 09-11-2012 09:32 PM
LOSI MRC/DMG Build Abavuso Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 08-03-2010 05:23 PM
My Losi MRC Build - Bigg1 biggusditchus Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 26 02-23-2010 05:24 PM
Kblackwell71's Losi MRC Build kblackwell71 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 11-28-2008 10:20 PM