Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ?'s for the MRC guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default ?'s for the MRC guys

I am working on a slightly modded Exceed maxstone 16. I purchased Losi MRC wheels and did the beadlock mod. I am running x lock tires and the gray foams that came with them. They seem like they don't flex as much as they should based on how soft the tires are. The tires seem too full? With the added diameter of the rim from the beadlock mod, shoul I trim the foams on the inside diameter or should I trim the outside? Star pattern on the outside? Also is there any benefit or drawback to increasing the length of the chassis plate that the trans mounts on and decreasing the length of my suspension links? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thank all of you for contributing to this incredible website. Mobile Uploads Photos by bellersteven | Photobucket
Dubnrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
DravTech

Default Re: ?'s for the MRC guys

Have you added some ventilation holes in the tires or the wheels? Otherwise the air might be trapped inside the tire and the tire feel stiffer than it should and the foam cannot work as it is intended.
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Yes I have 4 holes in the wheel and 4 holes in the ring I used for the beadlock mod. I drilled the holes in the mod rings larger than the holes that where in the rim itself. If I where to fill the channel in the rim under the beadlock mod with BB's it should still allow for the air to escape?? Looking for a little more weight I think. I have 3oz in each front. I used cast iron pipe up front and PVC in rear. I'm just not sure if the added diameter of the pipe pushes the foam out filling the tire to excess.

Last edited by Dubnrub; 10-30-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for your reply. I checked out your "something small" build!! That is awesome. Your fab work is incredible.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

The new tires are so much better than the original equipment that I am not sure how much more to expect. My point of reference is limited to pictures and videos and the neighbors slick rock. Which with my limited mods that I have done I can already out crawl. The rig is easily 5 times better than stock now. It just seems to me that the tires should conform to the rocks a little more based on just how soft the are compared to the stock ones and the vaterra swampers. Is there any benefit or drawback to increasing the length of the chassis skidplate/transmount? Thinking of going with some HR bent lower links which are a bit shorter than O.E. links.

?'s for the MRC guys - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
got a question for the MRC guys kgb424 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 9 02-15-2014 07:26 PM
A few questions for you MRC guys rocresq Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 09-01-2011 12:52 AM
Need help from you MRC guys (HH issues). Big Pitt Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 05-23-2011 09:46 AM
quick question for you guys who have MRC alum shocks??? 53 willys Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 05-07-2010 01:16 PM