Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: BR Front Diff outputs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default BR Front Diff outputs

I just got a Baja in a trade and it has a broken front diff output. Looking at the exploded views of the BR and RR I'm thinking that i should be able to use the RR outputs and axle shafts on the BR. Has anyone tried this or have any supporting info as to good or bad idea? I was told by the previous owner that this is the second output he broke it has pro-line shocks on the front and i figured the arms were dropping to far but the side that's not broke doesn't seem to bind at full droop. Thanks for the help in advance
ruinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: BR Front Diff outputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinx View Post
I just got a Baja in a trade and it has a broken front diff output. Looking at the exploded views of the BR and RR I'm thinking that i should be able to use the RR outputs and axle shafts on the BR. Has anyone tried this or have any supporting info as to good or bad idea? I was told by the previous owner that this is the second output he broke it has pro-line shocks on the front and i figured the arms were dropping to far but the side that's not broke doesn't seem to bind at full droop. Thanks for the help in advance

If your asking whether or not you can use Rock Rey drive shafts and Rock Rey outputs in the baja then yes it would work in theory looking at the exploded view , however you may find that the RR drive shafts when at full compression are too long but that would only be a bit of grinding and cutting ,
If your asking could you use RR outputs in the BR using its stock dog bones then no as they are totally different design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: BR Front Diff outputs

that was my thought as well, the bearings are the same size on the diff side and knuckle side. was just looking for verification before dropping $100 to convert (RPP prices) Looking at the setups I believe they are different due to the RR having front swept A-arms and the dog bone setup would bind
ruinx is offline   Reply With Quote

BR Front Diff outputs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front Diff to use as Rear Open Diff ongbenghui Vaterra Twin Hammers 5 03-02-2017 12:54 PM
Front axles and outputs camperwill Axial Yeti 26 10-25-2016 06:13 PM
Front diff outputs part camperwill Axial Yeti 1 10-22-2016 08:39 AM
Play between front and rear outputs on transmission? cizardev Vaterra Ascender 14 01-28-2016 10:04 AM
Maverick Scout weak diff outputs, possible resolution? Dusterfluster Newbie General 1 06-08-2015 04:12 AM