Notices

Thread: Ark/La/Miss Crawlers Comp #5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Ark/La/Miss Crawlers Comp #5

Comp #5

Date: June 28th, 2008.
Time: Meet at 9:30, Start Comp at 10:00, at 10:00, at 10:00. Let's get it started so we can finish at a decent time.

This will be the last comp for Nationals cut off. We will throw one of the five comps out and I will then turn in the top two. We will keep our season points going for the year.

I say two normal sized courses, 9 gates and start/finish gates. Point out of 80 points, time limit of 8 minutes.

Then maybe Slash race's? Most of us should have them be then, at least enough to race them, if theres a place at the park.
bbyrd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
RCC Addict

are there any pics of this place?
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kevin check this out Ark/La/Miss Crawlers Comp #1
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I know it looks like it's just a bunch of rocks thrown out there, but there are some good spots that have good lines for courses. I wouldn't drive there if I didn't like it, and this will be my second time there.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

sweet. I think I am all set to come. see yall soon
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

yea everybody bring what they can for ramps for the slashes
cspyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
On the lookout for Rocks

I will bring my 2. Might have to setup a track with gate markers.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

more gates..... :-(

so whats the point out.....

truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

If you guys don't mind a newb tagging along, I think I'm going to be able to make it to the next comp after all. I had some plans, but I put off my whole vacation just to make it to this comp.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
If you guys don't mind a newb tagging along, I think I'm going to be able to make it to the next comp after all. I had some plans, but I put off my whole vacation just to make it to this comp.
That's it, ditch everything in life to play with toys...... We would be glad to have ya around.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerbuddy2 View Post
more gates..... :-(

so whats the point out.....

2 normal sized courses (no single 72 gate course)
9 gates and start/finish gates.
Point out at 80 points
Time limit = 8 minutes per course
Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I have some concerns I whould like to address at the comp before we get started can't wait to see you guys again......
blackcatnastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatnastang View Post
I have some concerns I whould like to address at the comp before we get started can't wait to see you guys again......
Now would be even better so as to allow more time for deliberation.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

OK well, While I don't get to make it to the last comp :-( But what I heard on how the results were done doesn't sit well with me. I heard that if you timed out without finshing the course then your points chould, whould put you higher on the leader board than somone whom did finsh the course, The guy(guys,girls) that finshed the course whould most likley have more points, BUT they made it throu...... The one whom didn't make it throu there points should count but on a lower scale for not making it all the way. If this is indeed how it went down than I for one think it's wrong, If this is the way it will be done then you can go and mark my points for the next comp at 0, becouse all I have to do is brake the start and just time out with no points, or get lucky and make the first gate and end up with -1....... See my point? Don't seem right to me......

But I am NEW to this so.......
blackcatnastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

well, you did get hit with a dnf of 40 i think... so techinacly if you broke the first gate, and just set there, you could end up with a 39, theoreticly, but i like to think the jumbo course was a test bed of things to come?

like alot of things, i think there are always bugs to work out, specialy if ya doin it for the first time....

hey greg, if we are back to a shorter 9 gate course, why are we puttin a time back on it? is it so we have time for the slash?
Old 06-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
hey greg, if we are back to a shorter 9 gate course, why are we puttin a time back on it? is it so we have time for the slash?
Because some people take there sweet grandma time, sometimes that's me, but no more, b/c I don't care where I finish.

How's this, 60 pt point out. Time out equals 10 pts per set of gates remaining. Say you have two sets of gates, theres 20 pts. 8 minute time limit.

If you guys are wanting to play with the scalers and slash's, we need something or might as well just have a GTG and screw the comps.

Come up with other ideas.

I don't give a shit.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

there aint nothin wrong with having a comp, then just a gtg for fun, mix it up, or have two comps, then a gtg, then more comps, or whatever...

and just to stir the pot a little bit... the last "comp" was actually first idead to be just a scaler gtg bash sesion, but i think the whole 20 gate corse ( wich was fun, the most air time my comp rig ever saw) kinda ate up more time than we all thought, but i thouraly enjoyed the second course... so in essance, it morphed into a comp, and less as a scaler bash.. but we still had time for both...

heck, i dont know if i have a point, just causin troube, but you seem pissed off.. just relax man... no matta whats goin down, its all for fun.. and if ya aint havin fun, then whats ya doin in it....
Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
there aint nothin wrong with having a comp, then just a gtg for fun, mix it up, or have two comps, then a gtg, then more comps, or whatever...

and just to stir the pot a little bit... the last "comp" was actually first idead to be just a scaler gtg bash sesion, but i think the whole 20 gate corse ( wich was fun, the most air time my comp rig ever saw) kinda ate up more time than we all thought, but i thouraly enjoyed the second course... so in essance, it morphed into a comp, and less as a scaler bash.. but we still had time for both...

heck, i dont know if i have a point, just causin troube, but you seem pissed off.. just relax man... no matta whats goin down, its all for fun.. and if ya aint havin fun, then whats ya doin in it....
Not pissed. I meant it to be that I'm cool with anything, but my first post takes us to a real comp, i.e., 9 gate courses, but we need to speed up the runs.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

i got ya... if speed is your need, im the man for the job...

Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #20
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatnastang View Post
OK well, While I don't get to make it to the last comp :-( But what I heard on how the results were done doesn't sit well with me. I heard that if you timed out without finshing the course then your points chould, whould put you higher on the leader board than somone whom did finsh the course, The guy(guys,girls) that finshed the course whould most likley have more points, BUT they made it throu...... The one whom didn't make it throu there points should count but on a lower scale for not making it all the way. If this is indeed how it went down than I for one think it's wrong, If this is the way it will be done then you can go and mark my points for the next comp at 0, becouse all I have to do is brake the start and just time out with no points, or get lucky and make the first gate and end up with -1....... See my point? Don't seem right to me......

But I am NEW to this so.......
The rulings on the last comp were based on the rulebook.

1.7 - Maximum Penalty Points:
• 1.7.2 - The maximum points per course are 40. At that time the driver is given a DNF and the run is complete and the vehicle should be removed from the course.
1.8 - DNF (Did Not Finish): (40pts) are given anytime a driver cannot complete a course for any reason. (Timed-Out, Point-Out, Vehicle not Repairable, Went Home …etc) Progress points are awarded for each
gate completed.

These rules are based on a normal course (3-10 gates) not 21 or so. We didn't realize that we would run into the issue that we did. We didn't realize this until someone finished and their points where tallied. We then noticed the difference b/w the one's that finished and the one's that didn't. Since we already started, we decided to carry on like that. Yes, we should have had stiffer penalties for those we didn't finish (like 20pt max out per gate for every gate not completed and the 40 pt DNF). We are all still learning and working things out as we go.

I am not against points outs for a course at all. If I make a drive to a Comp and don't finish a course, oh well, I need to get more wheel time and become better so that I can finish a course. Heck, went all the way to KC and didn't finish 1 of the 3 courses. I wasn't mad/upset b/c I went all that way and the rules didn't allow me to finish all the courses, I just wasn't good enough to do the tasks at hand.

Main thing guys is that we have a fun time doing what we do and enjoy the company that we have. For next weekend, I say we Comp till the lunch break then balls to the wall for the scalers/Slashes.