Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: any one in centeral maine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

warren is a good guy.. he might know if there was anything to do up there lol
yeah in oakland at granite leisure time they have a big indoors course for sct's and a good sized rock wall
they also race oaval in there on tuesdays i think it is.... its big enuff that they do indoor flying... out back they have a scale rock wall but thatsd covered in snow by now lol

http://s242092828.onlinehome.us/glt2/ is there website.. has there race days and such listed on it
tdodm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Damn thats crazy. Im headed down to Biddeford on Dec. 1st(Orthodontist) Id like to go to there hobbie shop in Oakland and go to Ray and Robbins also. Ive only been to Warren's shop once and he seems like a good shit.
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

yeah warren is a good guy i been up once or twice myself but i got afew disabled friends that are flyers that go up all the time.. he'll give ya some good deals and try to find a good deal for ya on parts and stuff.. he also sells used rx cars/trucks/boats/planes/helis/ect/ect oakland is very well stocked and there race way out back in inside is a hoot on sct night... they useally run 4 stock and 2 mod races every friday...
ive never heard of ray and robbins.. wheres that?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Its down by Portland. Its in Falmouth(or how ever you spell it) http://www.mainehobbies.com/
Yea Warren gave me a good deal on some 2.2 Proline Moab's for 20 bucks but 2 rims had the hex on em and the other 2 had bearings. So I just bought a chevy body for my Honcho. But I didn't fit and i didnt know the WB of the honcho was 12.3 and the chevy body was for 9.3.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

cool... yeah buying bodies suck when u dont know the wheelbase of them.... i useally buy peoples old beat up bodys to use or new custem painted stock bodies... teh old ones i dont care if the wb is right i just usem to protect teh electronics lol
ive got like 9 bodys i got on a tlt deal now... all used and cut up but some of them look like i could use them if i every went to them kinda bodys istead of teh plastic ones that come with a hilux... i got half a mind to finish off the tlt rig so i can use teh bodys on something lol
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

haha right. I bought my Honcho RTR so it came with the pre painted body. But I would like to have a Toyota body or even a Nissan Pathfinder body and then do my Honcho up and have it look like me and my dads Pathfinder. Even a Yota cab body then build a back frame roll cage kinda thing. But idk where people find those yota bodys and they look like there metal.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

there plastic pvc i beleave... most come off like walmart rc toys,nikko,ect and they just mod it to fit body posts or screws and what have ya... some come with full inteariors that look pretty cool on a scale rig... look on ebay got a hilux body or a clod body or a hilift f350 body then u can braze/solder a metal cage for the back outta like 3/16" brake line with silver solder or braze it together... i know a guy on here that would prolly whip one up for ya for cheap... there is also a guy on here that makes totaly scale replicas of 1:1 truck bodys/beds with all the braces/hinges/detail of a real truck outta alu.. but i dont know if he sells any

Last edited by tdodm; 11-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well im takin shop class and we can do our own project. and i can braze em. so thats no big deal for me. And My dad always has some extra brake or gas line kickin around.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

lucky u.. when i was in school we never got to build anything in shop class lol
i thin k break line is abit thicker then gas line but im sure ether would work well
Old 11-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Yea the high school I go to is Orono High. Im gunna make a back bumper for my honcho.
Im gunna try to make it look like this. But its gunna had just one clevus hook in the middle.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

that would look cool.... ive seen alot of good honcho bumpers made on teh forums
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

haha Right. My dad only had bout 5 inches on brake line. And we got some small flat bar in shop class im gunna use.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

how thick/and wide is it?.... i think flat bar has a tendancy to bend... square stock is pretty strong... but its a pain to bend it with out heating it lol
Old 01-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Default hows it been?

Hows everyone been in Maine?
Anyone make any courses or anything?

-Tom
Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

im waiting till spring to start my scale course..... to much now to try and dig in teh ground now to make a mud pit lol
but i plan on getting to granate liesure time soon to play with there inside wall... cant wait for spring to try there outside scale wall with my hilux
Old 01-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

I've made some snow course. Have the guy plow a big mound of snow at the end of the drive way and the start building then spray with water and et freeze over night, then im good for the next day But then the chains on my honcho eat it up
Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

ive got a snow blower to do my yard... so no real snow mounds lol
on a side note did ya ever find a yota cab and do up yer metal cage for the back of it?
or yer bumper made?

Last edited by tdodm; 01-14-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdodm View Post
ive got a snow blower to do my yard... so no real snow mounds lol
on a side note did ya ever find a yota cab and do up yer metal cage for the back of it?
or yer bumper made?
XcrawlerkidX's Honcho

look at the last page. Thats what the ol' girl looks like right now

Then dads DIY scaler
Losi Mini Rock Crawler Scale 72 Chevy

Last edited by XcrawlerkidX; 01-14-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

geez they look pretty good... ive gotta get pics up of my current line up... i have a tlt axled tuber a tamiya hiluc scaler and a super clod based tortion rig and just aquired a axial based....eclipse tuber on it.... it needs a crawler esc(xl-5 now) and a perminate rx in it but it crawls pretty good
Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Nice. Ive always wanted a CLOD but I dn't have any money. The only thing in my wallet is air

My dad wants a summit and my brother wants a SCT, I have no idea why he wants a SCT, since Maine is coverd with snow half of the year