Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maryland

Notices

Thread: anyone around Baltimore?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 06:31 AM   #21

Yep right next to Big Fish they dont have a ton of crawling stuff yet but I am working on it.
bostonbruins40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbruins40 View Post
Yep right next to Big Fish they dont have a ton of crawling stuff yet but I am working on it.
how late are you there tonite??? Wanna do some soldering...? My eyes are worse than I thought, and i can't see real well when doing small stuff.
B4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #23

Sorry I was there Sunday and will be there next Sunday as well. If you need a hand soldering let me know I can definatly help with that.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #24

BigSki how many batts do take when you go to gun powder? I think I would like to try that one Saturday afternoon. How far from Millersville? 45 mins?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I just moved up to axle mounted saddle battery packs, but I'd guess since the parking lot isn't exactly right next to the rocks, I'd bring as many batt packs as possible.

As far as drive time goes, I'd guess around 45-60 minutes. Mapquest it to be sure. I don't think there's an address, but look for Perry Hall on Belair rd. You go I-95 to I-695 West ( left hand exit towards Towson) Belair Rd is the first exit, you go north on Belair Rd. It's probably 15 minutes once you get on Belair Rd. I'm going to be at the BBQ festival in Bel Air on Saturday. I f I wasn't, I'd meet up with you and do some crawling.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #26

Ok cool I will check out the directions. I may hold off until the week after as I may want to change up some of my parts like moving to lipos on front axel so we may still be able to meet up the following week I may check out Patapsco park this Saturday.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #27

Any one up for Patapsco this Saturday?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

where are you going? My Novak ESC and motor are being mailed off tomorrow to get warrantied, so my rig is basically out of commission.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #29

wasnt sure was going to hit a couple of the parks around halethorp and work my way NW if I couldnt find anything good close
Old 08-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
let me know if you find a decent area, I'm always looking for someone else to crawl with. If you guys feel like making the trip to Baltimore, there's an area at GunPowder state park in Perry Hall that has the best rock gardens that you ever find. I usually ride my Mt Bike back there, and there's always lots of folks out on the rocks swimminbg in the water. It's about a 1/2 mile hike from the parking lot, but well worth it.

I will be coming to Baltimore at the end of Sept and early Oct.....can you please provide me detail on where this location is? The trip will be days full of work....but afternoon/evenings open for crawling. Thanks in advance.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
I will be coming to Baltimore at the end of Sept and early Oct.....can you please provide me detail on where this location is? The trip will be days full of work....but afternoon/evenings open for crawling. Thanks in advance.

Look at google for 'Perry Hall, MD' ( I'm not sure of the zip code). When you find the map, look for RT 1. It will probably be called BelAir RD. Follow the map north, you will see the GunPowder State Park on the map. There's a big parking lot off to the right side of the road as you travel north. At the far end of the lot is the trail head, you want to hike eastward. The trail only goes east and west. You will have to cross a small, almost non -existant stream. ( the water level has dropped to almost nothing over the past 5 years) It's almost impossible to get your feet wet when crossing over, that's how low the water level is.

Continue hiking on the trail about another 1/4 mile, you will see the rock gardens, then when you see the water, you will see the boulder field. You will pass lots of people walking their dogs and kids, it's a very popular spot to visit. It's practically impossible to get lost, the trail is very well defined and marked.

I'll head out there soon for a bike ride, now that the weather has improved, and click off some pics of the area.( the hot and humid summer weather makes my asthma flare up so bad, I can barely walk. Riding a bike would probably kill me) I'll post them on this thread.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

hey guys,I'm in frederick md just got my first crawler today.Can't wait to run it.Do you have any place you usually meet up?I will be crawling locally in Gambrill mountain state park.
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I'm out that way at the patapsco flea market every other weekend.There's rocks out there?lol It seems to be all city where I go.
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #34

Yes there are rocks there I used to do a lot of fishing there remember walking over plenty of rocks just have to scout some places to crawl. So right now I cant say how good anything is in there. Besides there are several parks off the Patapsco I havent been to them all.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #35

hey guys, i am in harford county and i would love to meet up in some new crawling spots around baltimore. I am like 10 min from perry hall
bigwill5686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

im so game for rock state park, i live right by belair
GearLoDriveSlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #37

i am like 5 min from belair, wanna try and hit up rockstate this sunday? was gonna go to a comp in southern pa, but cant get a good location for the comp
bigwill5686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:29 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Hey guys I will be at the parking lot of Dunkin Donuts on 136 and 543 Sunday morning @ 7:45 until 8:00 if you want to follow me up to the Comp in Pa with www.team-svsc.com info is on the site but it is at Rocky Ridge state park.

Pm for more info.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote