Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maryland

Notices

Thread: Our own forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Doc View Post
Take a look around our message board for the RC club / track that I belong too here: http://nuclear-rc.com/forum/
- there's a Crawler section that hardly gets used......not to mention our Crawler course that's under construction at the track location....
We've (board of directors) allready discussed the idea of letting the MDRCC group attach itself as an affiliate group and have use of the course (could hold comps there) if you guys want to...the biggest thing holding back the crawling is most people are drawn to the offroad track and that's the focus even though the club is "all things RC"

if you still need rocks we will be getting some in two weeks or so.i joined your forum but can't post yet
champ7times is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdodge88 View Post
So should I get rid of the forum I set up or what do ya'll want to do?

Justin
No offense Justin, Your setup looks great, I'm just not sure I want another forum I have to keep up with. For the most part this place works just fine for me, We just need to work something out with the mods so we can sell stuff to eachother without hurting their feelings. But maybe Im wrong. Maybe our own forum is the only way to do that.

I was going to try and setup a mass "for sale" pm, but you can only pm a max of 5 at a time. Gay.
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

How about we just pm you our e-mail addresses to create the list. Then we could just send out one mass e-mail if we wanted to sell something RC related.
K Riccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:28 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Can we just put or stuff that is for sale in the "for sale section" and, then just start a MD thread with a link to what we have for sale such as http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157804 If a mod see's please let use know. O'yeah Justin love the orange.

Last edited by Creepy Inc.; 03-13-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
No offense Justin, Your setup looks great, I'm just not sure I want another forum I have to keep up with. For the most part this place works just fine for me, We just need to work something out with the mods so we can sell stuff to eachother without hurting their feelings. But maybe Im wrong. Maybe our own forum is the only way to do that.

I was going to try and setup a mass "for sale" pm, but you can only pm a max of 5 at a time. Gay.
No offense taken, I was just trying to verify if I should keep it up or not. No biggie. I'll keep it up until there is a final decision since its free anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Can we just put or stuff that is for sale in the "for sale section" and, then just start a MD thread with a link to what we have for sale such as http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157804 If a mod see's please let use know. O'yeah Justin love the orange.
I figured you would like it Allen.:-P

Justin
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #46

I can tell ya we found the free forums would take a dump on us about every 6 months and we had constant upkeep issues (spammers trying to get in the site) until we got the right people onboard and now our site is hosted / maintained directly by a club member - we now have sooooo much easier time.

As far as what boards to use - I'm with Brian -- I only got to the NRC board for all the club stuff & racing and here for crawling stuff.
Heavy Metal Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ7times View Post
if you still need rocks we will be getting some in two weeks or so.i joined your forum but can't post yet
Yeah, I'm trying to follow all leads to get rock in there -- lots of stuff out there is free, but it'll cost a fortune to get it loaded / hauled to our site.....anyone got a triple axle dump tuck to use??.....
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

My best friend has a 389 pete tri axle with a 5 and a quarter cat. I dunno if he would be willing to move rocks around though. Wouldn't hurt to ask the worse he can say is no.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Doc View Post
Yeah, I'm trying to follow all leads to get rock in there -- lots of stuff out there is free, but it'll cost a fortune to get it loaded / hauled to our site.....anyone got a triple axle dump tuck to use??.....
i work for the county highway dept.i'll talk to my superviser if i can work something out.we don't have any #2 stone in but like i said in my other post we ordered some just waiting for them to deliver it.maybe i can talk him into letting me ues my tri axail to dump some for you.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Big dodge88 took time to do this, Even if we don't use it all the time it's worth it to have our own site if the "trainwreck"happens here again.And I already ask mdcrawer72 the same question and he replied and nether of us got suspended cause the mod is one of us
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

welcome back rockaddict I see you quit the band..
broncoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoholic View Post
welcome back rockaddict I see you quit the band..
thanks it was a long tour, so re you coming out tomarrow
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Got a job to do in Sharpsburg. If I finish up at a decent time I will be there
broncoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

I maintain a virtual server for personal/work/school reasons. I can easily setup a phpBB forum on it, as well as point a domain at it. MDRCC.com is already taken, however MDRCRC.com is available if we want to consider a name change. It's not cost effective to go with a Vbulletin setup with this few people. It's not too hard to do, and I can probably have it up relatively quickly.

I realize that the majority of newcomers in the area will first come here, so even if we did start our own site, we would still have to maintain a presence here to redirect people to the local site.

I also think it would be better to maintain a domain/forum to ourselves rather than bunk up with an existing one.
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmstEvil665 View Post
My best friend has a 389 pete tri axle with a 5 and a quarter cat. I dunno if he would be willing to move rocks around though. Wouldn't hurt to ask the worse he can say is no.

Lotsa guys aren't interested in the work due to large rock being hard on the body - especially if they have one of those pretty aluminum dumps.

Champ: Even if you guys find you have any sort of leftovers / broken up asphalt or concrete to get rid of, we could prolly use it.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

we have about 120 tons of grounded up asphalt that is only good for walk ways or drive ways or such.most of the big chunks go right to the dump our yard is not real big. monday i'll ask around and see what i can come up with.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #57

let me know!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ7times View Post
we have about 120 tons of grounded up asphalt that is only good for walk ways or drive ways or such.most of the big chunks go right to the dump our yard is not real big. monday i'll ask around and see what i can come up with.

That groud up black top would be nice for a drive & parking lot out there at the track That sh!t packs hard after a while. Ha Ha 'I said packs hard'.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

[quote=Heavy Metal Doc;1679400]Lotsa guys aren't interested in the work due to large rock being hard on the body - especially if they have one of those pretty aluminum dumps.

He hauls a lot of pig iron and metal off all sorts. I went with him one time when he hauled the pig iron. Thats stuff mad a heck of a thump when it hit the bed. I don't think rocks would hurt it. His uncle has an excavating company too which means they have a lot of fill dirt and rocks laying around on their farm. I'll ask but it would probably depend on how far he would have to haul.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmstEvil665 View Post
He hauls a lot of pig iron and metal off all sorts. I went with him one time when he hauled the pig iron. Thats stuff mad a heck of a thump when it hit the bed. I don't think rocks would hurt it. His uncle has an excavating company too which means they have a lot of fill dirt and rocks laying around on their farm. I'll ask but it would probably depend on how far he would have to haul.
Well PM me his info and I'll call him - I'd like to find a guy that's willing to work and maybe kinda get a sole-source deal if he'll do all our hualing -- we get anywhere from 3 to 6 loads special track surface dirt hauled out of Annapolis & Southern MD areas to the track in Parkton during race season....and now we're working on the rock crawler area...