Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Ashman's Sonoma High Rider 1/20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #1

Default Ashman's Sonoma High Rider 1/20

Well after going through a couple of DP Torsion chassis, Two to be exact. Thought I'd finally build a scaler so, the bid wars began on E-bay to get me a 1/20th scale lindberg model. I had already upgraded my losi micro with HR beadlocks with rc4wd roklox and a predator 90 motor also a high torque servo for steering and a losi lipo pack for power. So as luck would have it. I won a GMC Sonoma and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Sonoma was first to arrive so work began. Wasn't trying to copy Slonoma but ended up pretty close to the same result. At least its not blue, I paint alot of things blue.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389316...lity-4d/page-4

The installation of the broken DP torsion chassis plates to the Lindberg model frame. Tried to center it to the stock crossmember location.

Mock-up of desired ride height.

Finished suspension shots. Barely had enough room to squeeze in the stock tail pipe.

Finished Product

Couple of Flex Posers.

Shots of the interior. Dremeled around the trans and motor but got the dash steering wheel and seats in, no way to get the console though.

Last edited by ashman; 05-14-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Pictures updated
ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #2

Default Re: Ashman's Sonoma High Rider 1/20

Had to redo the front upper links a little, Just so happens I won a Lindberg ZJ, a trekker, and another micro to convert. Got me some RC4wd crushers and a set of mickey T's for them as well. So my collection is growing. I also started working on my second micro crawler course its all finished but the bridge. Micro Addict in the making!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I want to see pics and details about your courses. I'm working on mine, but it's a slow process. I work alot.
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389316...lity-4d/page-2

My first micro course can be found on the page above I had to destroy it when I moved from Utah to Germany. Tried to give it away and no one came for it. It started out as a paper mache and chicken wire base and some expandafoam. Then I painted it with white paint to seal it all in. After that I textured it with flex stone paint. For the mountain sides and surfaces I used the scene-a-rama diorama kits, plaster cloth and rock molds with acrylic paints, talis (gravel), and grass foliage. I made the signs from a drivers license test booklet and some sheets of self laminate and toothpicks. The big losi sign is made with dowels and Losi picture printed from google. The tumbleweeds and desert grass were from my wifes craft straw. The bridge is made of craft sticks and elmers school glue. I will say to cut costs sealing the paper mache and expandafoam with house paint definately helped. When I layed the plaster cloth it was alot smoother, also when I sprayed the flex stone it stretched the two cans alot further. I will try to get some pics up of my new course soon.

Last edited by ashman; 05-15-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

wow that course is awesome! or was according to your post.
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote

Ashman's Sonoma High Rider 1/20 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looks like I'll be joining the CC01 ranks!!!! cmyers1 Tamiya XC/CC01 20 02-18-2011 04:48 PM
Joining the micro club dockman Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 11-20-2010 10:35 AM
Micro Ranks Duspan Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 01-09-2010 08:29 PM
joining the xc ranks JohnRobHolmes Chit Chat 11 11-10-2005 06:51 PM