Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: thinking of getting a trail trekker....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #1

Question thinking of getting a trail trekker....

title says it all. Im in the market for a new rc and since all i have now is race vehicles im looking to get something a little slower and a little cheaper. Ive always looked at these and when i had my wraith at one point it was a blast just crawling around before i had so many issues with it and didnt want to make it a $1000 vehicle.

So i guess my question is, is this thing worth it? Ive read as many posts as i can about it and it seems to hold up pretty well with the servo being the main issue, seems rtr losis just have that problem like my mini 8ight.

Im planning on making this a scale type rig and i see all kinds of bodies on them and im guessing they are just 1/24 plastic models custom mounted right?

Last question is, is there any aftermarket rims that fit this and are the losi 300mAh lipos the best choice?

Thanks for all input, Cody
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: thinking of getting a trail trekker....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody318 View Post
title says it all. Im in the market for a new rc and since all i have now is race vehicles im looking to get something a little slower and a little cheaper. Ive always looked at these and when i had my wraith at one point it was a blast just crawling around before i had so many issues with it and didnt want to make it a $1000 vehicle.

So i guess my question is, is this thing worth it? Ive read as many posts as i can about it and it seems to hold up pretty well with the servo being the main issue, seems rtr losis just have that problem like my mini 8ight.

Im planning on making this a scale type rig and i see all kinds of bodies on them and im guessing they are just 1/24 plastic models custom mounted right?

Last question is, is there any aftermarket rims that fit this and are the losi 300mAh lipos the best choice?

Thanks for all input, Cody
Well its not a POS and performs well for a micro crawler. its a great base for a micro scale build. there are some 1/24 and 1/25 bodies out there but the tire size seems to look more like a street & trail truck with the 1/20 bodies. 1/20 may also work best with your trekker because of the slight extra width from the hex & stub extensions. The wheels that fit the McRC (micro rock crawler) fit the Mc4x4 (trekker) but some that dont use a wheel hex may require McRC stubs.
Losi batteries work but they are more expensive than other options.
check the battery stickys on the Losi Micro area for more info. Ive posted links to ValueHobby for the 250 & 350 Gforce lipos I have. They are under $4 and ship from the US. You can also pick up 350mah Rhino Lipos from HobbyKing when they are in stock, but make sure you are purchasing from the US warehouse if you want them anytime soon
the rest of the into and stickys in the Losi Micro forum are also useful as all the parts swap over
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #3

Default Re: thinking of getting a trail trekker....

Thanks for the info that's about all I needed to kno!
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote

thinking of getting a trail trekker.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trail trekker MaD222 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 05-05-2012 08:05 PM
1/24 Trail Trekker Dr.Newb Micro Scale Rigs 2 04-27-2012 09:10 PM
Trail Trekker PCHILNSF Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 07-19-2011 03:24 AM
thinking of getting a LMC or trail trekker, couple quick questions noremacyug Micro Scale Rigs 13 04-27-2011 12:20 PM
trail trekker bake69 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 04-18-2011 10:34 AM