Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My brushless WPL C24 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #1

Default My brushless WPL C24 build

Hi guys, I'm new here and wanted to share the brushless C24 I've been building since November.

It's been through a few iterations and is currently waiting on a new body, but here are some of the previous set ups.

The power plant is a 2845 brushless motor with a 60a esc and an 11t pinion ran straight into the metal single speed gear box. It will not crawl, but it will hit 25 MPH.

It has a home made axle mounted servo to eliminate bump steer.

Shocks are Yeah Racing 60mm with home made mounts and internal springs. The suspension still needs tuning but it works good enough for now

Other upgrades are metal front bumper, metal wheels, metal servo plate, and metal axle housings.

A LOT of work has gone into making this chassis stable, and a lot still goes into making it more reliable -- something will break every time it goes out.

Here's a couple videos showing why that happens, it gets driven hard.

https://youtu.be/JIzzyg5pedI

https://youtu.be/RZbknHE06W4

Currently it's not really operable, but it will be put back together once I receive the JJRC Q61 body in the mail. I will update this thread once that happens.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and see if anyone else here has brushless set ups. I'm curious to see what you guys are doing for suspension since it seems like these trucks are too light for all the off the shelf shocks out there. Let me know if you have any questions.
initiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2019, 02:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: My brushless WPL C24 build

I've watched your videos a few times, they are fun to watch, kinda gives me a feel for what can be done with these, both my C24 and C14 are pretty stout now but I don't run them like that, I crawl with them and after a few mods they crawl really well.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I've watched your videos a few times, they are fun to watch, kinda gives me a feel for what can be done with these, both my C24 and C14 are pretty stout now but I don't run them like that, I crawl with them and after a few mods they crawl really well.
Thanks, my goal is to push this chassis as far as it can go. I love how simple and modular everything is. These trucks are indeed great crawlers with a few upgrades, especially with that metal single speed gearbox. Mine will pull the wheels up a vertical wall until the back bumper hits the ground, can't ask for more torque than that.
initiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by initiation View Post
Thanks, my goal is to push this chassis as far as it can go. I love how simple and modular everything is. These trucks are indeed great crawlers with a few upgrades, especially with that metal single speed gearbox. Mine will pull the wheels up a vertical wall until the back bumper hits the ground, can't ask for more torque than that.
I haven't tried the all metal transmission yet, that will go in the other C24 I just got, the two I have completed and running are both running the 2spd, Hobbywing 1625 esc, CV style metal driveshafts, stock servos with homemade drag links to passenger side, bump steer is gone, wheel weights in the front, steel ring and pinions, 3s lipo. C24 not running bearings, C14 is running full bearings. After you mess around altering things a bit they end up being fun little crawlers to run at home when I don't wanna load up my 1/10 stuff.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote

My brushless WPL C24 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A WPL C24 done my way R.Billy Rob Micro Scale Rigs 6 12-08-2020 10:17 AM
Wpl c24 PileDriver Micro Scale Rigs 64 07-07-2020 06:36 PM
WPL C14 C24 Yota Bumpsteer SOLVED kincer Micro Scale Rigs 36 03-27-2019 08:45 AM
What lipo is everyone using on wpl c24? discgolferlee Micro Scale Rigs 3 02-14-2019 06:30 PM