Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Roc Hobby 1/18 Katana "Teraz" unlicensed MTRs vs RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MTRs.l

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Roc Hobby 1/18 Katana "Teraz" unlicensed MTRs vs RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MTRs.l

Roc Hobby 1/18 Katana "Teraz" tires $3.69 for a pair left.
Vs RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MTRs $8.99 a pair right
Figured I would give a comparison of both tires for those that missed my post about the Katana.
Both mounted on Lynxmicrotech shapeways wheels. The Katana "Teraz" tires are just a hair taller and feel like they are made from the same soft rubber as all the other Chinese tires like HobbyPlus CR-24/CR-18, FTX/RGT/ECX/Enduro24.
These come with no foams and feel designed to work best without foams. Adding the RC4WD foams make them a lot more firm than I'd like.
The tread on the Teraz are deeper, but the RC4WD are much more sticky. The Teraz tires without foams and mounted on wheels feel like they are a little softer than the RC4WD MTRs mounted with included foams. The RC4WD tires without foams are too soft and don't have any sidewall support.
With the weight of the stock hardbody Katana the Taraz tires grip very well despite being less sticky than the RC4WD, but as I said without foams they also conform to the rocks better. Oddly enough unlike the RC4WD tires that are asymmetrical and non directional like the real 1:1 Goodyear MTRs tires, the Katana Teraz tires come with one "mirrored" tire in the package. I suppose even though it's not realistic, it will please those with OCD haha
IMO these will be a popular 1.0" tire for the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Roc Hobby 1/18 Katana "Teraz" unlicensed MTRs vs RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MTRs.l

Looks like the Teraz have more siping the the RC4WDs nice comparison between the two.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #3
ARC

Default Re: Roc Hobby 1/18 Katana "Teraz" unlicensed MTRs vs RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MTRs.l

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
What tire is this in the middle? Has anyone mounted the Teraz tires on RC4WD bead locks?
ARC is offline   Reply With Quote

Roc Hobby 1/18 Katana "Teraz" unlicensed MTRs vs RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MTRs.l - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mtrs for my 10.2 wrangler mikemollic Tires and Wheels 1 08-06-2019 06:38 PM
Thoughts on RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 1.9" Scale Tires btoungette Tires and Wheels 23 06-21-2017 01:52 PM
Goodyear Wrangler MTRs blue95xj Tires and Wheels 7 10-15-2007 07:31 AM