Default Scx24 C10 Furitek and Surpass brushless outrunner

https://youtu.be/KHt4Jc8lkCY

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Unclelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scx24 C10 Furitek and Surpass brushless outrunner

I like the surpass slow speed ALOT. But I am bummed I cant get it super muddy. I got a dam bolt stuck in mine once already. Man that was a real pain to find and get out of the bell housing. I was removing the tranny and the top bolt just magnet flew right into it...lol.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I like the surpass slow speed ALOT. But I am bummed I cant get it super muddy. I got a dam bolt stuck in mine once already. Man that was a real pain to find and get out of the bell housing. I was removing the tranny and the top bolt just magnet flew right into it...lol.

I was wondering about those openings in the motor. Don't suppose you'd want to cover them either since they are for cooling I guess?
damstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by damstr View Post

I was wondering about those openings in the motor. Don't suppose you'd want to cover them either since they are for cooling I guess?

That lil screw immediately sucked into it at Mach 5 speed.

Im note sure. It doesn't even get luke warm to the touch though. Maybe I can condom mine up... Just slap one up and over the bell housing and see what happens.

The only other issue with the surpass is the drive shaft. Depending on what pinion you use (at least with the reverse mount version), limits your drive shaft choices.

I run a 15T right now and my bell housing is like 1mm away from rubbing against the rear drive shaft union out of the transmission. I have a thicker than stock all metal drive shaft(not the HR ones) that will rub if I use anything smaller than a 15T pinion. But even with the 15T pinion, its super slow.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I got my Furitek TEGU! Man, what a cool little ESC! I was using a mamba micro X, but it was very loud with the surpass motor. This little furitek tegu ESC is dead quiet and the bluetooth app has SO much you can tweak! This really is the best ESC for any micro IMO. Also, this one will move and keep torque up high even moving 1mm a minute. You cant almost think its not moving when it is moving, its that slow.

Well worth the investment! WELL WORTH IT!
Old 03-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The clearance from the motor to the drive shaft can be a problem. I have noticed it using GamyRC's LCG mount with 11T pinions. When I use 12T the problem when away.
There are other mounts available. Gamy's LCG was a change from his centered, and slightly higher version. I do not know if he still has that version available.
Dustin Bailey also makes several versions of the Surpass mount. I think he has a version that moved the motor to the other side of the gearbox.
Dustin's page:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/dirtyscustoms

The brushless upgrade kits that I offer come with Gamy's LCG mount and a 12T pinion.
vinceherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceherman View Post
The clearance from the motor to the drive shaft can be a problem. I have noticed it using GamyRC's LCG mount with 11T pinions. When I use 12T the problem when away.
There are other mounts available. Gamy's LCG was a change from his centered, and slightly higher version. I do not know if he still has that version available.
Dustin Bailey also makes several versions of the Surpass mount. I think he has a version that moved the motor to the other side of the gearbox.
Dustin's page:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/dirtyscustoms

The brushless upgrade kits that I offer come with Gamy's LCG mount and a 12T pinion.
Im using Dustins reverse mount! Thats the one to get if you ask me. 16 bucks, quick shipping (the shapeways one cost me 30 and took weeks to get) and he has a front cover he is releasing soon if he hasnt already. Plus you dont have to cut up your tray and it doesnt lean your suspension to one side.

I have larger drive shafts on my mine with his motor mount and I can still get down to an 12T. I like 14T myself though.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 03-29-2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

https://youtu.be/_N5IRoMQNvY

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Unclelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:20 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, what settings do you use to make the slow-to-fast transition smooth out? I fiddled with the throttle curve and the break point between crawl and jam is still abrupt, and punctuated with a slight cog. Any ideas?
Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:52 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Default Scx24 C10 Furitek and Surpass brushless outrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter View Post
Hey guys, what settings do you use to make the slow-to-fast transition smooth out? I fiddled with the throttle curve and the break point between crawl and jam is still abrupt, and punctuated with a slight cog. Any ideas?

Mine did that too. I made my throttle curve very low to about 80% before it ramps up. That way my low speed had a much wider band before it crossed over to boost which is the 3rd dot on the throttle chart. Seems that once you hit the 3rd dot, boost kicks in.

FOC is 10 .

Punch is set to 1

Start up power is LOW

Those setting on mine work great. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 04-20-2021 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:35 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I don’t have that motor, but that is definitely an disadvantage. I’m not getting mine super muddy, but I wonder if one could put some kind of metallic “mesh”(don’t know if it’s the right word, it’s not my native tongue) to prevent small rocks etc. to get into the motor?
2471:24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx24 C10 Furitek and Surpass brushless outrunner - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Furitek Lizard esc + 8000kv = one sick scx24 Unclelee Micro Scale Rigs 18 02-04-2022 12:05 PM
C10 SCX24 in the woods waqr Videos! 0 05-23-2020 11:40 PM
SCX24 C10 Body DJJorel Micro Scale Rigs 3 05-20-2020 05:49 PM
Scx24 c10 JMHZ2401 Micro Scale Rigs 0 04-03-2020 08:04 PM