Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: SCX24 Jeep Build questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2022, 08:56 PM   #1

Default SCX24 Jeep Build questions

I would like some opinions.

A little about what is driving this little Jeep build. Having had a full size CJ-7 (1992-1996) that I built with Dana 44's, custom rolled transfer case with alum adapter. 1971 Buick 455 big block with stage 2 heads and alum manifold and a built Turbo 400 trans with the switch pitch stall out of a 1967 Olds Delta 88 (electronic stall change), full roll cage, Acura seats and a ton more but you get the idea. This is why I am building the stock look but mods underneath on my SCX24. I have a 3D printer (resin and FDM) and access to mills with family that work with them. I'm not new to RC and have had a ton of trucks, buggies and truggies mostly nitro (anyone remember the Hardcore Racing truggy with the Ti chassis?). I've had Revo 3.3, T-Max, Savage, 1/18 Associated MT with a Castle Mamba Micro, Kyosho MP 6 and a bunch more.

I am building a SCX24 Jeep for crawling and I don't care about top end speed. I am going for a scale look with some mods under the body. I have the 4 link installed and am going to build my own chassis that will lower it a little with some more shock mount options for better articulation. I may build a roll cage inside that looks like it was meant for the Jeep but has other options for shock mounts etc. I plan on getting some brass axle covers and maybe an overdrive for the front, longer shocks and want to upgrade the motor and ESC. I have an AGFRC B13DLM sub micro servo to install for steering and will be ordering the Mofo steering mount. I may upgrade the Tx/Rx later. It has some aluminum beadlocks with Interco Thornbirds (just cause I like them, I know there are better options for crawling). I'll be installing high clearance links (haven't decided if I want to make my own or buy some and what length). I am a DIY kind of person and enjoy building it as much as driving it.

Most of my running will be with other family members (brother and nephews) and friends that have SCX's.

My questions: I would like to know how the Komodo/Micro Komodo and Mofo Nano Beast compare with each other. Is the torque of the full size Komodo worth the higher center of gravity?

For the ESC- Lizard Pro or Tegu? Idk if I will run a 3c battery but I may install rear steering in the future. I'll make sure that either one I get has bluetooth. I'm not that concerned about the size of the Tegu.

I am not going real extreme on this one but in the future I could see myself buying another and doing a bouncer or LCG crawler.

I even started building a crawler course.

Any other mods you would recommend?
67chevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2022, 10:12 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: SCX24 Jeep Build questions

You don’t need the big komodo. The micro komodo has plenty of torque. Lizard pro is smaller. Tegu is harder to place, so that it doesn’t affect cog that much. I have the tegu though and am really happy with it.
2471:24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:20 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: SCX24 Jeep Build questions

I have the tegu,I would recommend the lizard because of the size.
The other thing I would recommend is the mofo shock blades(?), I think that's what they call them. Gives you more tabernacle without raising the cog.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Afterbang is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX24 Jeep Build questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX24 Upgrade Questions ChaoticReefer Micro Scale Rigs 2 07-05-2021 10:00 PM
SCX24 Questions JayHawk Newbie General 5 03-18-2021 09:34 PM
Scx24 electronics questions GuyOverThere Micro Scale Rigs 1 10-30-2020 06:17 PM
1/24 scx24 jeep hot racing build SRJ Micro Scale Rigs 5 07-03-2020 02:56 PM
SCX24 Jeep Build ProjektONE Micro Scale Rigs 3 01-30-2020 11:25 AM