Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Looking for scale yellow led light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2022, 07:39 PM   #1

Default Looking for scale yellow led light

Greetings all, I recently purchased an Axial B-17 Betty, and have gotten a wrecker bed for it. I can find 1/10, 1/16, 1/18, but no 1/24 yellow flashers. Looking for an old school style single light.
Sneakybastig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2022, 08:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Looking for scale yellow led light

So this is going to sound silly but on my scx24 I needed rear taillights and reverse lights... red and clear. And out of everything out there, what I found to work best in terms of size and realism were Lego round pieces. I don't have mine wired up to actually function but as lenses they look pretty legit. I would imagine that you could fab up something... maybe with a small black or gray Lego piece as the back of the light ( could be square, rectangular, or even round), then drill into the backing piece and insert a bulb. Then you could just add some E6000 to hold the bulb in place and just snap the two pieces together. Then maybe mount that wherever you need it with e6000 or small screws.

I understand that this sounds like a crazy suggestion but sometimes it's next to impossible to find an adequate solution without looking outside the box. I know that there are at least two different size/ style of transparent yellow "lenses" that Lego makes... probably more.

Just for reference, here's a pic of my taillights and reverse lights. Again.. they are nonfunctional but it wouldn't have been too difficult to have drilled them from the inside out in order to slide a small bulb in to them and run the wires to a power source.

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for scale yellow led light - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Larry 8 LED Pocket Work Light as cheap scale light bar spoo76 General Scale Talk 8 12-15-2014 06:38 AM