Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Traxxas TRX4M 1/18 Scale Crawler Just Announced!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2022, 03:31 PM   #21
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Traxxas TRX4M 1/18 Scale Crawler Just Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
these look great and very scale like... love the fact that they sit on straight axles ... i love my trx4 as it was what brought me to crawling so this little guy (defender) will likely make it home on the release date.
Agree on the straight axles! I like the Defender, but will probably pick up the Bronco when they release. The Defender more than likely will be sitting in the garage next to the Bronco further down the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
Well great, I was about to pull the trigger on a SCX24 Bronco to get back into this hobby and now I don't know. Do I wait 2 months for this or just go with the SCX? Hmm, decisions...
All hope is not lost! Easy decision! Buy the SCX24 now and the TRX4M in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Buy both. I have a sxc24, both my boys have element 24s and I just put one of these with defender body on order.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Yep! And congrats on your new pre-order purchase! Can't wait to see all the new threads with the minis here on RCC!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2022, 08:21 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

$70 links… $50 shocks. That’s a little ridiculous. I’m not shy on spending big bucks for little trucks, but I won’t be buying accessories that expensive. Hopefully third party retailers will jump in to fill that gap.

Also, no interior? They got a LONG way to catch up to FMS/ROCHobby,EazyRC

Last edited by TheBakedBeans; 09-14-2022 at 08:24 PM.
TheBakedBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:15 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBakedBeans View Post
$70 links… $50 shocks. That’s a little ridiculous. I’m not shy on spending big bucks for little trucks, but I won’t be buying accessories that expensive. Hopefully third party retailers will jump in to fill that gap.
Yeah, agree! The prices for the accessories and upgrades are quite expensive!

I'm sure the aftermarket suppliers are already scrambling to get parts made! I hope!!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
Do you get everything in the first delivery package for preordering? or do you have to pay extra? I was also thinking about preordering a blue Defender.
The delivery package is for stores to have stock of parts/accessories right off the bat. So no, YOU will not get that package.

I'm sure you can preorder the parts/accessories you want when you place the preorder for your truck. At whatever they cost though, not for free.
TheseusOfTroezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:38 AM   #25

There will be 3 transmissions total:

High Range (Trail): 16.6:1 gear ratio - this is stock

Low Range (Crawl): 40.3:1 gear ratio

Speed: 9.7:1 gear ratio

Note the differential gear ratio is 2:1

Comes with bushings in axle/transmission, of course they sell a bearing kit, but here are the sizes in case you want to source your own.

3x6x2.5mm (8)
5x8x2.5mm (4)
4x8x3mm (4)
8x12x3.5mm (2)
3.5x7x2.5mm (4) - this one seems like an odd size and may be more difficult to find.

Last edited by TheseusOfTroezen; 09-15-2022 at 12:20 PM.
TheseusOfTroezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 12:41 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Cool Re: Traxxas TRX4M 1/18 Scale Crawler Just Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseusOfTroezen View Post
The delivery package is for stores to have stock of parts/accessories right off the bat. So no, YOU will not get that package.

I'm sure you can preorder the parts/accessories you want when you place the preorder for your truck. At whatever they cost though, not for free.
ah okay. Wishful thinking Thought maybe it'd be like preordering consoles or video games. Oh well, I'm still getting one. Maybe with the trailer so I can drive it to my wife and ask her for a beer.
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:45 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseusOfTroezen View Post

That's why I ordered via hobby shop lol. I get one of theirs when they come in.

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:50 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That's why I ordered via hobby shop lol. I get one of theirs when they come in.

So you're getting the delivery package? How much did you end up paying?
Old 09-16-2022, 09:51 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

No different than ordering anything else from a hobby shop. So it'll be the $149 as listed. Don't pay anything extra if it's on their normal stock orders.

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:25 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Cool Re: Traxxas TRX4M 1/18 Scale Crawler Just Announced!

Quote:
No different than ordering anything else from a hobby shop. So it'll be the $149 as listed. Don't pay anything extra if it's on their normal stock orders.

I see. Well I'll probably pick up the truck and trailer. I'll just go with SSD wheels/brass rings.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:55 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

This crawler has some very good features: front wheels turning 45 degrees and oil filled shocks from the factory. The fms fcx24 has o-rings included, so you can make the shocks oil filled, but it took some time to do that. The picture of the shocks on this traxxas looked very good, I think they’re not gonna leak. And traxxas say that the electronics are waterproof, and the esc/rx really looks like that also! From the few pics I looked at yesterday, quality looks good. The price is affordable too.

The problem with these small crawlers is that especially with hard bodies they crawl terribly out of the box. Scx24 stock c10 body weighs over 40 grams. Fcx24 the body was 74 grams if I remember correctly. Yeah, they might look good (fcx24 don’t, body way too big). My scx24 has a Proline power wagon body without the fenders, and it weighs 13 grams. It has a jeep rear bumper that I have cut to be as small as possible, and I have drilled holes in it to keep the weight low. Can’t remember how much it weighs.

I bought another Proline power wagon body for the fcx24, and with it it’s gonna look scale also. I haven’t installed it yet. I started shaving the original body, and now the body weighs 49 grams, and performance is much better! I prefer pickup bodies, because of COG.

I wish the manufacturers would make light bodies also, for those who want a good performing crawler, and don’t mind about looks. Specially the fcx24 is gonna require a lot of tinkering because of the way the original body is attached.

1/10 scx10 III base camp has a light body. Yeah I know it’s because of they want to keep the price low, but it affects performance also in a positive way.

Regarding this traxxas, it looks as if they have thought about COG looking at where they have fitted the battery, esc/rx and motor. Will I buy one? Possibly in the future, it’s small and easy to put in a backpack. And as it’s a bit bigger, it’s gonna handle places that my 1/24 don’t.

Regarding those hard bodies: a lot of manufacturers are starting to make small crawlers, because they have seen how popular they are. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. So I’m not too worried, I hope manufacturers understand there is a demand for these small crawlers that perform good out of the box. If it costs more, I don’t mind. That means less time modifying, and more time crawling
2471:24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas TRX4M 1/18 Scale Crawler Just Announced! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale & Trail Crawler - Restocked! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-09-2017 01:08 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-10-2017 11:12 AM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale Crawler Full Review and Test Drive! driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 1 05-23-2017 06:32 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler - Open for Pre-Order! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-03-2017 10:57 AM