looks cool, can't understand a word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3qvHoYaYA
500swmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2022, 09:27 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: tank 300 1/24

This is news to me.

Pretty neat with all the scale features, in fact, quite unusual with all those opening doors.
Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Has anyone seen it for sale? IFS, 4 link and some metal on it. All looks scale.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
Ynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Best part was hitting the throttle and seeing it back up lol.

But looks pretty cool. I'd like to hear about more details... or I need to learn how to speak Chinese.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:50 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Best part was hitting the throttle and seeing it back up lol.

But looks pretty cool. I'd like to hear about more details... or I need to learn how to speak Chinese.
Yeah, I chuckled too... then I pulled out my phone and used the translator camera and they are explaining how to reverse channels on the remote. Oh, we Americans can be so quick to sarcasm.

Just ordered mine from Aliexpress. My first purchase ever from that site. I hope it actually shows up. ETA Nov 28th $163 USD.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US
TheBakedBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:40 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

did anyone else notice the battery seems to be built in?
skurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:35 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBakedBeans View Post
Yeah, I chuckled too... then I pulled out my phone and used the translator camera and they are explaining how to reverse channels on the remote. Oh, we Americans can be so quick to sarcasm.

Just ordered mine from Aliexpress. My first purchase ever from that site. I hope it actually shows up. ETA Nov 28th $163 USD.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US
163 for a 1/24 scale direct from China, ya nope I ain't that stupid. The trx4m is cheaper and it's 1/18 and actually built worth a shit.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 02:08 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
163 for a 1/24 scale direct from China, ya nope I ain't that stupid. The trx4m is cheaper and it's 1/18 and actually built worth a shit.

Wow, calm down spanky. Nobody is comparing this with the trx4m except you. But since you brought it up…

One is a typical and not very exciting crawler, waterproofed with a hardbody but no interior. To make it worth a shit you’ll spend another $300 in upgrades so you can post a picture for flex Friday.

One is a refreshingly new style (straight rear axle with IFS), it has 2 speed transmission, waterproof, it’s not a jeep/bronco/Land rover, it’s true 24th scale (that means a bazillion 1/24 and 1/25 model bodies will fit), comes with light kit, has a full interior and 5 opening doors.

Yeah, it won’t climb every rock, but ya see… that’s just it. If we only had vanilla, we’d be missing out on all the fun.

I’m betting it’s about the same quality as the Kuro King. That is a solid kit. I’ll be really happy if it’s that quality.

ps - where do you think the trx4m comes from? Do you think Santa makes them in his good ol’USA workshop? You are buying the same thing, just with the good ol’american capitalist tax on top.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:11 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurge View Post
did anyone else notice the battery seems to be built in?
Yeah, I noticed that too. I’m very interested to take it apart. I hope it has an adjustable chassis like the Kuro King
Old 11-03-2022, 05:52 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBakedBeans View Post
Wow, calm down spanky. Nobody is comparing this with the trx4m except you. But since you brought it up…

One is a typical and not very exciting crawler, waterproofed with a hardbody but no interior. To make it worth a shit you’ll spend another $300 in upgrades so you can post a picture for flex Friday.

One is a refreshingly new style (straight rear axle with IFS), it has 2 speed transmission, waterproof, it’s not a jeep/bronco/Land rover, it’s true 24th scale (that means a bazillion 1/24 and 1/25 model bodies will fit), comes with light kit, has a full interior and 5 opening doors.

Yeah, it won’t climb every rock, but ya see… that’s just it. If we only had vanilla, we’d be missing out on all the fun.

I’m betting it’s about the same quality as the Kuro King. That is a solid kit. I’ll be really happy if it’s that quality.

ps - where do you think the trx4m comes from? Do you think Santa makes them in his good ol’USA workshop? You are buying the same thing, just with the good ol’american capitalist tax on top.
I get that it has more details, more true to scale. But when it costs more than something brand name here with the known Chinese brand quality. Haven't found anything from a Chinese brand that is the same or better than branded, not talking just rc crawlers.

And it's traxxas, ain't gotta spend anything to make it decent, it is already. It ain't like the scx24 and such, ya those need help out of the box.

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:43 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I get that it has more details, more true to scale. But when it costs more than something brand name here with the known Chinese brand quality. Haven't found anything from a Chinese brand that is the same or better than branded, not talking just rc crawlers.

And it's traxxas, ain't gotta spend anything to make it decent, it is already. It ain't like the scx24 and such, ya those need help out of the box.

I watched the SBG video review, nothing amazing to see. Just another RC truck. Do you already have one? How can you say you don't have to upgrade it to make it perform well? Speaking about how you feel vs fact is fine... just a waste of time. Remember, in this hobby, Brand Loyalty gets you nothing but higher prices. But, in your defense, everyone has their own opinion about their preferred experience. Some people are happy with stock, and others like to tinker and get as much as they can out of their hobby.

It was just odd to see your comment come out so harsh and poo-poo on something that may or may not be awesome.

The Tank is only $10 more than the Traxxas, so price isn't the argument. And just because it's not a brand you recognize doesn't mean it isn't good. All RCs start off this way until a major manufacturer takes interest. Take Sam Sang for example... he doesn't even have an official company that I know of, but I've bought a ton of AMAZING rc kits from him.... case in point, my G500 build as seen here. Builder's Notes: 1/18th Mercedes Benz G500

But I'll just drop it. You seem to be a 'glass half empty' kind of guy and that's fine. I don't mind spending some cash to explore what else is out there.

I'm just glad to see something new on the market other than the same old stuff. I'm hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised...

Last edited by TheBakedBeans; 11-03-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:45 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Are you dumb or are you stupid? There’s no wrong answer so take your time….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slambaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:56 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I order half my household from AliExpress..... and my YiKong 4082 that is 1/8 scale .....

Hope your purchase is perfect for you...

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk
BP6666VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP6666VR View Post
I order half my household from AliExpress..... and my YiKong 4082 that is 1/8 scale .....

Hope your purchase is perfect for you...

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

Good to know. The package is actually moving pretty fast. It’s on the plane headed to the good ol’USA!

tank 300 1/24 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Tank Video- Heng Long 3818-1 German Tiger 1 Tank with Clark Model TK 22 sound unit boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 11-18-2013 09:56 AM
Can a 10lb CO2 tank be turned into a Nitrous tank? LumTheMad Chit Chat 24 12-01-2008 07:10 AM
FREE SHIPPING ON 300.00 Orders 8.99 Flat on 300.00 and under RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-18-2007 11:35 AM