Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Trx-4m Low Trail K10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2023, 05:46 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Trx-4m Low Trail K10

Been awhile since I’ve posted on here and don’t see too many lowered to look like a stock truck.

Here I’ve taken off the rear shock towers and put a defender tower on the front. Rear shocks to frame I think are 24mm and front 39 eye to eye. As it sits it is not full droop and can compress and extend from the static position. I didn’t want to be cheating by getting it that low by bottoming it out. Popped an interior in as well Holmes 66t, crawl trans ratio, 9% overdrive, metal servo gears, and I’m awaiting parts in the mail to make a sway bar. One other note is when you lower it you’ll need slightly shorter rear links to center up the axle to the wheelwells. It’s hooked up to run the traxxas trailer utility lights and pull that and I’m in the process of making a gooseneck. Pulling anything the torque twist is pretty amplified and well a sway bar will help out. It is already all bearings. Bed is painted flat black to look like liner and the body inside is now painted all black to prevent light bleeding through. Hope these pics work. The first pics are the up to date ones.

Don’t hesitate to ask anything as I can go into more detail or show any specific parts if you want.

CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2023, 06:03 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Trx-4m Low Trail K10

Looks so good lowered! Great job!

Good info on the rear links. I wondered if that would have been an issue.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That looks great! Love the stance.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:08 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

That looks rad. It would be a ton of fun to crawl around the yard with that.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:16 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
That looks rad. It would be a ton of fun to crawl around the yard with that.

I hauled in over a ton of rock and made an area I plan on making into a mostly micro scale mecca. I have some other scaler micros and a comp style one so it’s gonna turn out great. So far all I’ve accomplished was the acquisition and unloading of the rock lol. My poor taco brought over 2600lbs in one trip 50 miles. I scaled it because I was curious the weight. I also have a lift and beefier suspension so it wasn’t riding the overloads. Thanks !

Old 10-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Got me a sway bar set up on the rear. Even tho it’s got bearings and all is adjusted right, since I have it suspended and not at droop, the torque twist it still had annoyed me. Exaggerated twist when pulling a trailer and it’s mainly to pull the utility and gooseneck trailer.

Old 10-29-2023, 02:40 PM   #7
RCC Addict

What shocks are you using on the rear? I want to lower mine but maybe not that much. I got the defender/bronco shock towers but the rears won’t let the body sit on the mounts so can’t use them. And I don’t want to cut the bed floor out to clear them. I got underdrive gears for the rear which helped torque twist. I have sway bars on my Vaterra ascenders because of torque twist so I get it!

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:49 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
What shocks are you using on the rear? I want to lower mine but maybe not that much. I got the defender/bronco shock towers but the rears won’t let the body sit on the mounts so can’t use them. And I don’t want to cut the bed floor out to clear them. I got underdrive gears for the rear which helped torque twist. I have sway bars on my Vaterra ascenders because of torque twist so I get it!

Ben

They’re some pretty generic ones but here’s a screenshot so you can look it up. I just put a little grease in each shock body. They aren’t meant to hold fluid. I ran into the same problem trying to lower using defender towers. I do have a defender front tower still on there and used different shocks in the front(39mm). I certainly wasn’t going to cut holes in the bed.

Old 11-12-2023, 03:50 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Well we got lights and a gooseneck now!

Old 11-15-2023, 03:17 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I like it better that way than stock. Good choice with the wheels too!
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Trx-4m Low Trail K10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Traxxas TRX-4 Chevy K10 Cheyenne Killa-Cotton General Crawlers 19 10-24-2022 11:56 AM
Anyone running low KV motors on their TRX? Asuckaphish Traxxas TRX-4 5 07-26-2018 07:17 AM
Traxxas TRX-4, Vaterra Ascender K10, mud, snow Volgan Scale Videos! 2 12-04-2017 12:36 PM
Anyone try a ascender K10 body on a TRX-4? MODC Traxxas Crawlers 3 10-11-2017 07:47 AM
K10 Trail Pics 505Kustomz 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 02-28-2011 07:09 PM