Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: Truck and Tractor pulling.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

The Jerrys Hobby makes a chassis that's really sick. I personally have a Grady chassis by Chris Grady designs.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #62

http://mnrcdragracing.20m.com/MermaidRacing.html
Paul S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

I'm out I have a nasty cold.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #64

Rules Changes From NRCTPA as of 3/1/11

Brushless motors, lipos, and no MSRP price limits.

Can't wait to try my entire lipo/brushless drag racing set up in a puller.

But...If I had to guess we probably won't switch to these anytime soon.
As a board we would probably not like to "go off on our own" and change things , however, industry changes force us to react. there are for the most part no more econo mod motors (trinity and reedy have quit production) there are pockets of these still out there but after they are gone that is it. It was felt that counting on discontinued stock was a poor way to continue the association.. we wanted to allow new technology into the assn and generalize the rules enough so new technology could just be passed into the association. without extensive rule changes

1. we will allow Lipos (or really any battery formula) in all classes they do not have to be ROAR approved
racing classes need to be in a manufacturer case (for lipos) pullers can use soft packs but have to put them in a case to prevent puncture....

1A. lipos do not exactly line up with cells the multiple of equaization is 7.2V (6 cells) almost none of our classes have 6 cells so to move brushless and lipos together into the 7 cell econo mod motor classes we decided to:

2. create a legacy setup for all of those classes with econo mod motors that would be:
the plan is if you have a brushed motor you will be allowed 7 cells or 2S lipo
if you run brushless you will be allowed only 6 cells or 2s lipo
this would start to push people to new technology also giving brushed motors a little more voltage to help them out...although no plan will give you 100% satisfaction this plan would give an extra 1.2v to all of the econo mod classes if they wish to stay brushed and create a BL exception for all econo mod classes would be:

Racing:
Super Stock
Dirt:
Pro Stock Tractor
4WD Modified Driveshaft
Bar Tire Sportsman
4wd box stock

Carpet:
2WD Truck
4WD Pro Modified
Big Rig
Pro Stock Tractor
Bar Tire Sportsman

So:
Brushed motor = 8.4V nominal max voltage
Brushless motor = 7.4V nominal max voltage

3. also as suggested just mention voltage on batteries and not limit the batteries to any "formula" creating a loophole so we do not have to do this again (any new battery formula would be accepted if it fits voltage standards) ((or just below the limit ...not to excede max voltage))

4. ALSO: we have dropped MSRP so brushed motor entries could now run any dollar limit motor as long as it was brushed..(again most brushed motors are being phased out and if you wanted to stay brushed that is getting harder to do whatever happens so: any brushed 05 motor or any BL 05 motor 36mm dia 05 length. it was felt overpaying for a motor although "you get what you pay for" ultimately no one pays MSRP and common sense purchasing would limit things

5. futher more there really has been no lipo or BL testing that anyone knows of on carpet ...but once again we are forced into a corner and have to react to manfacturers changes.

6. these changes are not going to take effect until March 1st (new rulebook) we are hopeful this will create more interest by a legacy /new tech rivalry much ike real pulling (Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge) Red v Green etc...

these rule changes tend to mirror real tractor pulling that does this from time to time by equalization of alkahol vs diesel tractors ....2 hemis or 3 other blown motors ...and like that......right now this was the best we could come up with after about a month and a half of dialog....the plan is simple we really hope this works
thank you....(trying to let you know as soon as we know)

7. more changes are being discussed on cell counts for remaining pulling classes and a restructure of some racing classes.....in addition to a few more minor things
Old 01-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Ordered a 7lb chasis from Jerry today. He will let me know ETA later this week. Here are a few pics:

Someone taking a picture of a racer with plumbers crack. Weird fetishes, who knew?? J/K

UFO's spotted inside building by Baller.

Little Mamba E-Revo action outside.

The remainder of my pics are posted here:
Check out picture[s] from the album Mermaid 1.2.11 on the Share site mnrccrawlersandtrucks.
Click this link to see the picture[s]:
http://mnrccrawlersandtrucks.shutterfly.com/pictures/144
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #66

Good pics thanks for posting.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

This is definatly a UFO nice photos Sniper.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #68
Donkey Punch Champion!

Yeah, sorry to say...I hit the "panic" button right after that was taken. CRASHING it into the floor. I am ordering parts today.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

What the hell is it?

Spidie sure likes it.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
This is definatly a UFO nice photos Sniper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
What the hell is it?

Spidie sure likes it.
IMO Spidey looks un impressed.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #71
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
IMO Spidey looks un impressed.
Only because I wouldn't hand him the controls!
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Only because I wouldn't hand him the controls!
Oh I see. He was just mad cause you never learned to share
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

I created a short video last night of the racing at the Mermaid on 1.2.11. Nothing special but lets people see what you can do in the winter for indoor RC stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enW208y_M20

Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Wow really nice video Sniper.

Kyle vs BigBaller Final ?

Obviously Kyle cheated, he either practiced or tuned his rig.
God for bid if he built it himself from a kit.
We got rules you know?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #75

how did i cheat? i dont even drive the truck anywhere but at the race. its all stock exept for 2s lipo, soft shocks, and oil.
Holmberg 418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #76

u should talk to gary about the rules hes the one that has the most hoped up truck. and i still beat him.
Holmberg 418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmberg 418 View Post
how did i cheat? i dont even drive the truck anywhere but at the race. its all stock exept for 2s lipo, soft shocks, and oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmberg 418 View Post
u should talk to gary about the rules hes the one that has the most hoped up truck. and i still beat him.
Just kidding dude eveyone knows your not cheating, I was teasing Baller by saying you must work on your truck and practice your driving.

Gary driving a shoe box would beat most people regularly, when you have his skills everyone thinks your cheating.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

I was actually hoping to have Kyle drive my losi mini highroller next time so I could prove to myself it was the truck & not the driver that keeps me in last place. Great drivng Kyle!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Rules Changes From NRCTPA as of 3/1/11

Brushless motors, lipos, and no MSRP price limits.

Can't wait to try my entire lipo/brushless drag racing set up in a puller.

But...If I had to guess we probably won't switch to these anytime soon.
As a board we would probably not like to "go off on our own" and change things , however, industry changes force us to react. there are for the most part no more econo mod motors (trinity and reedy have quit production) there are pockets of these still out there but after they are gone that is it. It was felt that counting on discontinued stock was a poor way to continue the association.. we wanted to allow new technology into the assn and generalize the rules enough so new technology could just be passed into the association. without extensive rule changes

1. we will allow Lipos (or really any battery formula) in all classes they do not have to be ROAR approved
racing classes need to be in a manufacturer case (for lipos) pullers can use soft packs but have to put them in a case to prevent puncture....

1A. lipos do not exactly line up with cells the multiple of equaization is 7.2V (6 cells) almost none of our classes have 6 cells so to move brushless and lipos together into the 7 cell econo mod motor classes we decided to:

2. create a legacy setup for all of those classes with econo mod motors that would be:
the plan is if you have a brushed motor you will be allowed 7 cells or 2S lipo
if you run brushless you will be allowed only 6 cells or 2s lipo
this would start to push people to new technology also giving brushed motors a little more voltage to help them out...although no plan will give you 100% satisfaction this plan would give an extra 1.2v to all of the econo mod classes if they wish to stay brushed and create a BL exception for all econo mod classes would be:

Racing:
Super Stock
Dirt:
Pro Stock Tractor
4WD Modified Driveshaft
Bar Tire Sportsman
4wd box stock

Carpet:
2WD Truck
4WD Pro Modified
Big Rig
Pro Stock Tractor
Bar Tire Sportsman

So:
Brushed motor = 8.4V nominal max voltage
Brushless motor = 7.4V nominal max voltage

3. also as suggested just mention voltage on batteries and not limit the batteries to any "formula" creating a loophole so we do not have to do this again (any new battery formula would be accepted if it fits voltage standards) ((or just below the limit ...not to excede max voltage))

4. ALSO: we have dropped MSRP so brushed motor entries could now run any dollar limit motor as long as it was brushed..(again most brushed motors are being phased out and if you wanted to stay brushed that is getting harder to do whatever happens so: any brushed 05 motor or any BL 05 motor 36mm dia 05 length. it was felt overpaying for a motor although "you get what you pay for" ultimately no one pays MSRP and common sense purchasing would limit things

5. futher more there really has been no lipo or BL testing that anyone knows of on carpet ...but once again we are forced into a corner and have to react to manfacturers changes.

6. these changes are not going to take effect until March 1st (new rulebook) we are hopeful this will create more interest by a legacy /new tech rivalry much ike real pulling (Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge) Red v Green etc...

these rule changes tend to mirror real tractor pulling that does this from time to time by equalization of alkahol vs diesel tractors ....2 hemis or 3 other blown motors ...and like that......right now this was the best we could come up with after about a month and a half of dialog....the plan is simple we really hope this works
thank you....(trying to let you know as soon as we know)

7. more changes are being discussed on cell counts for remaining pulling classes and a restructure of some racing classes.....in addition to a few more minor things
Wow is this us next season????????????????

Anyone know when the next meet is????
Old 01-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

It should be next Sunday 1-16-11 1pm at the Mermaid but I have been known to get my dates & times wrong.