August
12th-Comp 3-Interstate Park
26th-Comp 4-Interstate Park
September
23rd-Comp 5-Interstate Park
October
7th-Fall Finals-Interstate Park
28th-Howl Krawl-Interstate Park

*Green dates are comps, and Blue dates are scaler get togethers. All comps are at Taylors Falls unless otherwise noted.

Competition Series Information
We use USRCCA rules for all of our competitions. Please visit www.usrcca.com for the complete and current rules. We run 1.9, 2.2 'S' and 2.2 Pro classes. The 2.2 'S' class will be shafty only (1 motor only), no dig, and bodiless rigs are ok.
Setup for each comp will start at 9am, and courses will open around 10am. Running order of classes are 1.9, 2.2 Pro, then 2.2 'S'. Each of our comps will have (2) courses per class. Each course will have a time limit ranging from 5 to 8 minutes.

For running order, the person who finished first at the previous comp will go first on course 1, and whoever finished second will go first on course 2. If either are not present when courses open, the next highest finisher from the previous comp will go in their place, up to fifth place. It was decided to do this to help even the playing field, and make the top drivers prove they deserve to be on top by going first. After the first person goes, it is the traditional Free Crawl format (no running order).

Judging-This year, everyone will be judging at every comp. When you finish your run on either course, unplug your crawler and grab the timer cause you're calling penalties for the next person in line. After that run, trade in the timer for the clipboard...that's right, you're now scoring for 1 run. Once that run is done, you are free to move on to the next course. After your second run, repeat the above steps. We're trying to get everyone involved in judging this year to help take a load off the guys that are always judging. We will help out those who aren't comfortable judging yet. Let us know, and we can make sure someone can walk you through it the first few times. You can also freshen up on your rules knowledge by taking the USRCCA judgind quiz-HERE

Series points system will be based on placement. First place will get 100 pts, then each place below will be steps down in increments of 2 (i.e. second will get 98, third gets 96, etc.) In the event of a tie, both tied competitors will get the score for the tied position. Next in line will get the appropriate points for their placement. (Example: 2 people tie for second. Both would get 98 points. The next person (4th place) would get 94 pts for placing 4th.) If a competitor does not show up to a comp, they receive 0 points for that comp of the series. Everyone will be scored the best 5 comps of each series(1 throwout per series) The finals event of each series will have a Finals Course for the top 5 people of that series after the normal 2 courses are ran (Scored as seperate comp in the series).

Dues are $15 per series or $3 per comp. Dues are to be paid when you come out to a competition. This year we are doing 1 prize drawing at the end of the year. You will receive 1 raffle ticket for every comp you attend in the year. You must be present to win.

Scaler Info
All Scaler get-togethers are for fun only, no points series. You can expect a laid back event with just some occassional impromptu challenges. No classes or having to worry about scale points. Run what you brung. Only requirement is fun! Best of all there is no fee for any scaler event...Yes, I said FREE!

Each of the scaler events is treated as a trail ride. Its recommended to bring a backpack, or a way of carrying spare batteries, parts, and tools, and don't forget water and food too.

Starting time for all Scaler events will be 11am except the Saturday Duluth event-that day will begin at 12noon. Please arrive early enough to be ready to go at the start time.

Thanks, and hope to see you on the rocks.

**Special note about Interstate Park: Park Manager Ron has asked that we stay off of the grass just north of the water fountain at Interstate Park. Its the same area that was fenced off last year, in fact they will be fencing it off for the spring this year again. After they took down the fence last year it got beat down so bad there is almost nothing left. It wasn't us, but he is asking for our help & cooperation. Thanks.

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 03-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: MNRCRC 2012 Season Schedule & Details

Pimp, this is a very professional schedule interactive and all, nice work.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That judging setup works very well. A club I've crawled with in Ohio uses this method and no one ha a problem with it. The only problem encountered is inconsistent calls at times, but if everyone is taught the basics then it shouldn't be a problem.

The judges test is a good way to get everyone on the same page.

Any reason why Brighton beach isn't on the schedule?? I'm planning on making a few comps with you guys this year and was really hoping to comp there. Don't know, but you might have an attendance issue if the Duluth guys are not willing to travel to Taylor's falls twice a month. Taylor's falls is a killer spot without a doubt, but from my experience at Brighton beach, it was by far the best natural rock I've ever crawled on. Maybe I'm being short sighted or just not understanding the location and available areas for competing there.

Last edited by jcboof; 03-01-2012 at 06:39 PM.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks for the feedback on the judging format. We're hoping that it works.

As far as locations, our members are kind of spread around the state (Duluth, Twin Cities, Rochester, Hutchinson). Taylors seems to be the most central site for everyone. So most of our comps are there. We voted at the club meeting to have 2 events in Duluth this year. When it came to voting where those events would be, the majority decided against Brighton since we had been there the last couple years, and opted instead to use those 2 events to check out 2 locations that we haven't comped at yet; Enger Tower and Break Wall. Brighton is a great spot, probably my favorite Duluth site. I'm sure we'll be back to that location in the future.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #6

Awesome job on the schedule just wondering if you allow scx10 to be in the comp? Thanks
Gavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavic View Post
Awesome job on the schedule just wondering if you allow scx10 to be in the comp? Thanks
Spec wise, it would probably fit in best in the 2.2 'S' class. Even if it has 1.9" wheels/tires it would be too big for the 1.9 class (wheelbase & trackwidth). Depending on which body you have on it, the scx10 should meet all the measurements of the 2.2 class. Check the rules on USRCCA.com for all the specs for the 2.2 'S' (sportsman) class.

As far as capability, it may not be able to hang with some of the 2.2 'S' rigs that will be out there. But if that's all you have, by all means, bring it out and have some fun. Maybe it will get you hooked on the comp side of things more and intice you to build a comp-specific rig.

Worst case, your SCX10 would fit in perfect with our scalers. No rules, classes, ect. Just some fun trail riding.

In any case, I hope you come out to our events and have a good time.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #8

Thanks! I try it out and see what happens!? I'm just looking to have fun! Later.
Gavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Exclamation Re: MNRCRC 2012 Season Schedule & Details

*Scheduling Change*

The April 22nd Scaler GTG has changed location from Willow River to Boom Site in Stillwater.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
tjb
Rock Crawler

So who's going to start the pool?

tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #11

so im new, and wondering if my scale crawler would be even close to competitive? im looking to compete in the enger comp and to attend the scale gtg's at stillwater and up the shore at knife river i do believe...

i have a tamiya highlift with leaf springs and 1.9's with a yota body. it has a very good amount of flex for leafs and im not a horrible driver....

i have a few friends that might want to also compete with an scx10 and wraith. both of those have 2.2's
GR1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1B View Post
so im new, and wondering if my scale crawler would be even close to competitive? im looking to compete in the enger comp and to attend the scale gtg's at stillwater and up the shore at knife river i do believe...

i have a tamiya highlift with leaf springs and 1.9's with a yota body. it has a very good amount of flex for leafs and im not a horrible driver....

i have a few friends that might want to also compete with an scx10 and wraith. both of those have 2.2's
Welcome! I think you would have a great time if you came out to check out any of our events, but honestly your trucks are more suited for our scaler events. Those are more geared towards just trail riding-'run what you brung' kinda thing. Just a fun day on the trails, wheeling. The comp rigs are all about capability and technical driving, very little about realism. I still would suggest checking out our comps if you can. You'll be amazed how capable these little trucks can be! Who knows, maybe you'll get the bug and wanna get a comp rig too.

Here's a couple vids to get a better idea of the difference in scalers vs comp rigs. Here's a good example of our scalers:
MNRCRC Scale Crawler event 2011 - YouTube

And this is a good one of our comps:
MNRCRC Fall Comp #2 7.31.11 - YouTube

Hope you can make it to any of our events.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #13

thats what i was wondering... i figured you guys didnt have like a more scaleish class. thats ok though! i will for sure be at the scale events up here in duluth area.
GR1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #14

Again- a Newbie here.
I do this just for fun, and thoroughly enjoy it. I know its said the scale event are just for fun, and to have a good time. I was looking to make a trip this summer up to duluth and was wondering if you guys take anyone for the scale events. Im interested in June 24th, at Banning state park. The old ladys truck is a stock SCX10 RTR dingo, which I beleive should not be a problem. Mine is a scx10 honcho kit, with some modifications. Nothing to massive, mostly a slight lift and 2.2s, and a single 35t tekin motor. I would just enjoy to get out of the cities and enjoy a good day of trails.
If you guys take anyone, let me know. You will have 2 new faces at said event.

thanks-
firemedic349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Welcome! I think you would have a great time if you came out to check out any of our events, but honestly your trucks are more suited for our scaler events. Those are more geared towards just trail riding-'run what you brung' kinda thing. Just a fun day on the trails, wheeling. The comp rigs are all about capability and technical driving, very little about realism. I still would suggest checking out our comps if you can. You'll be amazed how capable these little trucks can be! Who knows, maybe you'll get the bug and wanna get a comp rig too.

Here's a couple vids to get a better idea of the difference in scalers vs comp rigs. Here's a good example of our scalers:
MNRCRC Scale Crawler event 2011 - YouTube

And this is a good one of our comps:
MNRCRC Fall Comp #2 7.31.11 - YouTube

Hope you can make it to any of our events.

Ok. i know this is off subject, but WOW! what is under the hood of that white wraith??? i mean that thing was fast!!
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I am kind of new to the scene for scale and comp crawling. Never competed, just bashed a lot and set up my own courses to crawl. I am interested in competing, but it's obviously late in the season. I will come to the Sept comp to check out the club (wish I would have found your club earlier I would have come out today). Do you guys have a membership fee for being in MNRCRC or just the entrance fees for the comps?
I read the rules on the USRCCA website and they aren't too detailed. Do you guys have limits on motors (turns or brushless/brushed)? I assume your 2.2 pro class is for MOA crawlers (xr10, berg, etc). Is the 2.2S class for everything running 2.2 wheels? I have a wraith axled SCX10. It's been very modified to take brushless abuse (Castle MMP and Tekin Redline). It may not be ok for your comp crawls but definitely for the scale fun days. I also have a relatively stock XR10 (55T axial motors, 2 esc's, 6ch radio, rc4wd gears, 2S lipo). I made a battery mount for the front axle, is that allowed, or does it have to be in the frame? I have a Scale body on the XR10 for looks but could change back to the bubble body pretty easily. Where would that fit in your comp classes?

Sorry for all the questions, just decided to search for clubs in MN and found you guys. I live in the cities but Taylors falls isn't too far of a drive so I am down.

Thanks,
Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #17

DNA - Just jump in with your rig at the September comp. I just started too. The guys are great. Your gear will work, using the stock XR body.
78cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

so couple of us from nd wanna come down and comp on sun oct 7th what time do you guys start? and is the comp site easy to find?
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass14 View Post
so couple of us from nd wanna come down and comp on sun oct 7th what time do you guys start? and is the comp site easy to find?
Sweet!! We start setting up about 9am, and comp starts about 10ish. Interstate park is very easy to find. There is road work on Hwy 8 from Int. 35 to Taylors Falls. But it isn't to hard to navigate. Or there is a detour that goes through Forest Lake. I'm not to sure what roads they are but I was able to follow it to the last comp that I attended. I am sure that someone will chime in and give you better directions. And Nicklepimp will be starting a comp thread for Oct. 7th soon (I would hope)

See you guys next week!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
I am kind of new to the scene for scale and comp crawling. Never competed, just bashed a lot and set up my own courses to crawl. I am interested in competing, but it's obviously late in the season. I will come to the Sept comp to check out the club (wish I would have found your club earlier I would have come out today). Do you guys have a membership fee for being in MNRCRC or just the entrance fees for the comps?
I read the rules on the USRCCA website and they aren't too detailed. Do you guys have limits on motors (turns or brushless/brushed)? I assume your 2.2 pro class is for MOA crawlers (xr10, berg, etc). Is the 2.2S class for everything running 2.2 wheels? I have a wraith axled SCX10. It's been very modified to take brushless abuse (Castle MMP and Tekin Redline). It may not be ok for your comp crawls but definitely for the scale fun days. I also have a relatively stock XR10 (55T axial motors, 2 esc's, Ch radio, recd gears, S lip). I made a battery mount for the front axle, is that allowed, or does it have to be in the frame? I have a Scale body on the XREF for looks but could change back to the bubble body pretty easily. Where would that fit in your comp classes?

Sorry for all the questions, just decided to search for clubs in MN and found you guys. I live in the cities but Taylors falls isn't too far of a drive so I am down.

Thanks,
Dna
Great to hear of your interest in the MNRCRC Dna. Your correct on the 2.2 Pro class XR-10 and Berg axle machines. The 2.2s class is a shafty only class 12.5" maximum wheelbase length without dig and yes 2.2 wheels.

No restrictions on motors or batteries.

Bring your rigs get started you'll get plenty of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass14 View Post
That sounds like fun guys we'd love to have you come. Weather looks good 55* and sunny at Taylors Falls on Sunday. Hope to see you then.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote

MNRCRC 2012 Season Schedule & Details - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PARC Spring 2012 Schedule & Information AZrcdriver Arizona 5 08-01-2013 06:22 PM
-*- ETXRCC Winter 2012 Season Schedule -*- Nova's Ark Texas 27 07-04-2012 12:52 PM
MNRCRC Winter Meeting for 2012 Season Nicklepimp Minnesota 100 02-10-2012 02:03 PM
MNRCRC 2011 Season Schedule & Details Nicklepimp Minnesota 2 03-17-2011 06:57 AM
MNRCRC 2010 Schedule & Flyer Nicklepimp Minnesota 0 04-04-2010 12:55 PM