Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Class rules discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Web Wheeling

Default 1.9 Class rules discussion

This thread is for open discussion of what everyone wants for this years class rules. And as we talked about at the meeting we will be opening up the 1.9 class to allow a greater variety of scale rigs. But we do not want to see the open rules abused with all out comp rigs that go against the spirit of the scale class.

-A solid rear axle is required, front IFS is allowed.
-Minimum body width - 6 inches (Or what ever the width of a stock twin hammers is)
-Frame work must extend past the center line of both drive axles
-Tires must be a stock scale 1.9/1.5 tire.
-No dig or rear steer is allowed
-Tube chassis frames must have scale proportions.
-Body's that have stock bumpers molded in do not require external bumpers. But if removed, you should replace them with a scale bumper.

Please give your input, these are just the basic rules that everyone seemed to want from the meeting that I could remember off the top of my head.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1.9 Class rules discussion

I like opening up the class to a TH but am apprehensive about people getting out hand with cheater rigs and ruining the spirit and fun nature of trail...
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
Web Wheeling

Do we need a min body/tuber height in addition to the min width? I think the size restrictions will help keep the class under control.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Use the TH as the minimum requirement.

If a guy shows up with 6x6 or 8x8 I wanna see it run.

And just so it's clear.. I can't sipe? I'm ok with the rule. I just like cutting sh!t up.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I think the tire just can't be a cut and shut. Sipe and trim all you want but it needs to be a scale off the shelf starting point (no 4.75 rovers)

Last edited by diesel kawboy; 04-05-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
RCC Addict

:like:
Old 04-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #7
Web Wheeling

Correct, sipe away
Old 04-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #8

Having only one scale class is a difficult thing to do. I don't take the trail comps to seriously so stretching the rules to win doesn't bother me. I just plain love crawling and a little competition always adds to the fun. IMO If someone wants to run a "cheater" scale rig so be it. I personally could argue that front dig and rear steer are scale. Ran trails up in Gilbert with a few 1:1 trucks that had one or the other or both. Scale is subjective. To me IFS is definitely scale but more geared towards racing than crawling. Most of us that have built a 1:1 truck cut factory ifs out and put a solid axle in for many reasons. Ifs has many limitations so I welcome twin hammers in scale class!! Haha. I think a few guidelines are necessary like body and frame dimensions along with bumpers and such but if a truck is borderline we always could just take a vote with the guys competing to see if that truck should be allowed or not. We could even the field a little and add more points to vehicles with real scale accessories and components like drivers, full detailed interiors, lighting, hi lifts, shocks, leaf springs, coolers, metal bumpers etc. original and handmade stuff would get more points than factory or store bought.

On a side note have we ever considered dropping the trail comp all together and just having a giant scale truck or run what u brung(comp rigs welcome) trail ride like the scaler get togethers. Would be really fun and when someone stumbles upon a real difficult scale line we could have impromptu mini comps for who can make it through for bragging rights. Just a thought.

I will support any decision we decide to make regarding rules I just wanna hit the trails this long winter has been depressing!!!
olskooltoyotaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I'm new to all this, and I'm game for whatever is decided. But I've got 4WS and just cut half the lugs off my rock crushers. For those of us that do have 4WS or dig, if to make things more fair, we give penalties for each time either is used.
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

As long as my 1.9 cut boggers are legal so I can lose with my cheater rig like last year I'm fine!

I agree that there should be some general rules (and I may even try to follow them), but the main idea should be fun. If you have to win that bad build a 2.2 pro.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Dig and rear steer up the costs considerably so I feel that shouldn't be allowed but if someone is willing to take a penalty every time it's used I say go for it.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

For the last two years I've been running my rig in both 2.2pro and 2.2S and the rule was made that if I used my dig in the 2.2S comp I would receive a touch penalty and be moved to the last cleared gate. I don't see why we couldn't do something like that to keep everybody competitive.

Sent from my Moto X using tapatalk
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrZod View Post
For the last two years I've been running my rig in both 2.2pro and 2.2S and the rule was made that if I used my dig in the 2.2S comp I would receive a touch penalty and be moved to the last cleared gate. I don't see why we couldn't do something like that to keep everybody competitive.

Sent from my Moto X using tapatalk
I agree. If you have them you just can't use them.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Could adopt the penalty from sorrca for dig or 4ws. I am not sure but I believe it's a penalty any time u use it (4ws or dig) but you don't move back to a previous gate.

Just my $0.02
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

The rule of equipped but no use keeps it on the level. Touch penalty and reposition is still adequate.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Looks like the sorrca is +5 points for using dig or 4ws on a course. Only one type can be used per course. Incurred one time and all other uses are free. If you have both and use both its an additional 10 points.

I am not opposed to disallowing it all together I just really thought it was cool to see suoerdrty's f250 use 4ws to make an impressive run at the last gtg. It didn't give him the best time. Just was really cool.

Maybe as a club we could say go ahead and use dig/4ws if you want to run and see what your score is but it won't count in the official standings.

Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

If you want to try it for spits and jiggles use it after everyone has run but it will be "unofficial"
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

We decided to turn 2.2s shafty into a 2.2 "run what you brung" class the only rule is a 2.2 wheel size allowing for more new people to take a interest in club membership. So it would be nice to have a little more "serious rule structure" for the 1.9 scale class. As it stands only "Pro" class is now using USRCCA rules?

Last years 1.9 rules were simple basic common sense rules and super simple making it easy so anybody could make tech. Everyone who competed last year already has a 1.9 rig ready to run within those rules.

For the 2015 season lets agree to get the rule changes made and out of the way this fall so everyone knows how to prepare in advance?

Last minute rule management is making 2014 a lot harder than it needs to be.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

We didn't make 2.2s "run what ya bring" we still don't allow dig or 4ws. But this is topic for the other rules discussion thread.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=diesel kawboy;4739132]We didn't make 2.2s "run what ya bring" we still don't allow dig or 4ws. But this is topic for the other rules discussion thread.[/QUOT

Excuse me excluding dig and 4ws anything running a 2.2 wheel is legal and who knows it might become the most interesting and most popular class.

My point being is it would be nice if 1.9 wasn't another experimental open class like 2.2e? Last years rules were simple and it was a great time therefore a decent example.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote

1.9 Class rules discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Class discussion dpdsurf Chit Chat 19 12-21-2009 07:34 PM
Hawaii 2007 Class & Rules Discussion DISTURBIN' tha PEACE Competitions 29 12-09-2006 02:09 PM