Thread: ~~ MNRCRC 2015 Comp #3 - June 14th - Taylors Falls ~~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default ~~ MNRCRC 2015 Comp #3 - June 14th - Taylors Falls ~~

MNRCRC Comp #3
Date: June 14th
Time: Set-up begins approx. 9am and the comp starts around 10ish

Classes will be run in this order. In order to keep things moving, when each class starts, set your rigs at the starting gate in a line, so we know who will be running 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Here is the starting order for each class. #1 runs first on course 1. #2 runs first on course 2. #3 listed in case someone can't make it.
2.2 Pro
1. Barry
2. Dana
3. Adam
2.2 Trail
1. Chuck
2. Greg
3. Mike
1.9 Trail
1. Greg
2. Dana
3. Mike

As always, helping with course setup or cleanup is appreciated.

The results from last week can be found here.

Detailed local rules for the rigs can be found here.

No rig will be turned away. The number 1 goal is to have fun. If possible we'll help you get your class into "the rules" but we want anyone to come out and have a good time playing with their "toys"
(NOTE: a Summit or Yeti XL might struggle fitting through 16" gates, but it'd be fun to see it try)

1.9 Trail Class
Get your SCX10 or TF2 ready. Any rig with a 1.9 (or smaller) scale tire is welcome.

2.2 Trail Class
New this year is a dedicated 2.2 trail class. That's right, got a 2.2 wraith, deadbolt, or scx10? We finally have a class for you!!!!
Make sure you have some scale tires. Don't be using cheater tires...Bill

2.2 Pro
And, as always, we will have the 2.2pro class. Anyone not familiar with the rules of this class or the rules in general can check out this link HERE.
Pro rigs include any MOA or sportsman rig (including dig) on a comp chassis with comp tires.

SCORING
Because as we have been doing in the past, and it has been working out very well, we will share the judging duty's.
1st--- you will time and call out penalty's for the person before you. This will give you an opportunity to see the course before you run.
2nd--- you run the course.
3rd--- you will score for the person behind you. I would encourage anyone not comfortable with the rules to ask for help! I would also like to see everyone take the judges test HERE.

Fees:
-MN State Park parking permits are required, but are available at the park for either a daily pass for $5 or a year pass for $25 (good at any MN state park). Season passes can be purchased ahead at places like REI
-Also there is a club fee of $3 per comp or $30 for the series. Females and young kids run for free. Ask for Kevin (nicklepimp)

Directions:(map)
From the South: Take I-35 north. Take the Taylors Falls Exit, Hwy 8 East. Follow 8 approximately 22 miles. The entrance to the park office is located on the right hand side of the road at the only stop light in Taylors Falls. Stay to the right as you enter the parking lot.

From the North: Take I-35 south. Take the North Branch Exit, Hwy 95 East. Drive approximately 22 miles, passing through downtown Taylors Falls. At the stop light (intersecting hwy 8 ) continue straight. Stay to the right as you enter the parking lot.

From the East: Take Hwy 8 west into Minnesota. After crossing the St Croix River, turn left at the first stop light. Stay to the right as you enter the parking lot.

If there are some new people that haven't been to an event yet, just look for all the middle aged kids playing with toy trucks!

(Sandwich board signs coming soon....)
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ~~ MNRCRC 2015 Comp #3 - June 14th - Taylors Falls ~~

Maybe
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm guessing Greg Brawley and myself but a guy never knows in this family.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #4

I'm out for this one. Finally, after 10 years of missing it, I'm going to be taking a week off to hang with my lovely's family at a resort on Leech. My rigs will be going, too!

Hope to make the next one!

Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #5

I'm in. . .maybe
gndcampion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I'll see if I can convince zach and Brian to come with.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Put me on the list... kind sir! I will bring the 1.9 scale rig this time
barrybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Count me in!! (So long as I don't get lost trying to find this place)
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

It's pretty easy to find, otherwise, if you want a ride I could give you one, or your welcome to follow me there.

-Derek
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDrty View Post
It's pretty easy to find, otherwise, if you want a ride I could give you one, or your welcome to follow me there.

-Derek
Either or man.... I appreciate it!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:22 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

How many of us have 2.2 sporty rigs? I would like to separate the pro and sporty class. Who else has a sporty? I will even bring extra gates and the sporty guys can build the courses and run them at the same time as the pro rigs. It can be done.
barrybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Well ... we eliminated our Sporty class do to a lack of interest. I don't think to may of the Sportys still exist mine got recycled. If you need the seat time for upcoming events I would think you could take extra runs on the Pro course I'm sure the guys would be wiling and more than happy to keep score and time. It wouldn't be a class just practice.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 06-08-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybelvedere View Post
How many of us have 2.2 sporty rigs? I would like to separate the pro and sporty class. Who else has a sporty? I will even bring extra gates and the sporty guys can build the courses and run them at the same time as the pro rigs. It can be done.
There's 3 that I know of.
  1. You
  2. Toby (Cmdrzod)
  3. Chris Wall (Drjones...)
Norm is correct. We had no new interest last year and the 2 that remained ran in our 2.2 trail class. Since Toby and Chris can't make all the comps, it would likely be just you most days (unless I missed some folks).

With all the classes we currently run, it's tough to get them all completed by 4-5 pm thanks to the recent attendance spike.

We won't plan to run a separate class this sunday but we can discuss your ideas before the comp starts in the morning.

Dana
Old 06-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Sorry, I will not be able to make it this weekend, I have drill.

I'm just curious if you have entry numbers for each event from the last Comp? The reason I ask and this was probably brought up at the meeting prior to the comps starting. Is it possible to reverse the order (Pro/2.2/1.9) or rotate it from comp to comp?

With the amount of folks (Which is Awesome!) that showed up it was almost 2:30 or so before the 1.9s started. That is a long day if you only are running that class.

Once again, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here... With my schedule for the Army National Guard it is hard to make all of them, so this is not just for me. I'm sure others are thinking the same thing and just afraid to ask.

Last edited by SFC K; 06-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Just tossing this out there... But if we are running 3 classes (1.9 2.2 and pros) why not have one class start at a different course and then rotate courses. If you are in 2 or all 3 you run at the end of your next group?
Just a thought.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Times and format won't change this year but you're all welcome to show up to meetings and events.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC K View Post
Sorry, I will not be able to make it this weekend, I have drill.

I'm just curious if you have entry numbers for each event from the last Comp? The reason I ask and this was probably brought up at the meeting prior to the comps starting. Is it possible to reverse the order (Pro/2.2/1.9) or rotate it from comp to comp?

With the amount of folks (Which is Awesome!) that showed up it was almost 2:30 or so before the 1.9s started. That is a long day if you only are running that class.

Once again, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here... With my schedule for the Army National Guard it is hard to make all of them, so this is not just for me. I'm sure others are thinking the same thing and just afraid to ask.
Hey Jeff. Sorry you can't make it this weekend. Thank you for your service.

There is a method to our madness as I had the same question at the fall meeting. The 2.2 pro run first in order to start the course setup as pretty difficult. It gives us a good gage of what changes might be needed in the next class (2.2 trail). Then in succession, we can gage what changes are needed for the last class (1.9 trail).
We also put the best finishers from the prior week on the course first so they can find the challenges and lines that might help subsequent drivers strategy (I know that's thinking a lot into it but I know it happens).

I've encouraged those who are only going to run 1.9 to come an hour or so later. There is no reason to be there earlier other than to bs and hang out. Heck, I'd even be willing to do a group text blast to those only running 1.9 if they want to know about when it will start. Just pm me your phone#.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post
Just tossing this out there... But if we are running 3 classes (1.9 2.2 and pros) why not have one class start at a different course and then rotate courses. If you are in 2 or all 3 you run at the end of your next group?
Just a thought.
Hey Mitch, We're always open to new ideas. Based on my explanation above, it's tough to start different classes on a different course. There would have to be two separate courses setup due to the different rig capabilities. To be honest it's just a real logistical challenge to keep tabs on all the rigs to be sure they've run both courses. Especially for those who run in all 3 classes (about 8-9 folks). Again, we are always willing to discuss ideas, especially if they make the job easier. If you can come a little early or even if you only come for 1.9 we can discuss afterwards.

To be honest, an old reason was that there were only a half dozen or less pro rigs so it made sense to get them done and out of the way and then follow the difficulty logic. I think we had like 12 pro runs last time.

Looking forward to some more discussion on this.

Dana
Old 06-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Barry, like I think Dana said, there is only a couple of us that have sporty rigs. Myself, Trentin (my son), Chris, and you. Trentin was basically running in the 2.2trail class last year, but due to rule changes his rig doesn't fit that class currently. To which he is trying to remedy. I can't speak for Chris but I actually enjoy the challenge of being an underdog in such a high dollar high skill class. However, if Chris and you show up we can set something up, and compete against each other... But I'm still intending on competing in the 2.2pro.
Toby
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Either way, I'm looking forward to a great day with the rigs!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #20
Web Wheeling

Just my two cents on the sportsmans class.

The sportsmans class was originally created to be a entry level class for beginners and simple rigs. But it quickly turned into a pro class, many of the rigs can hang with pro MOA rigs all day long. They also have the same issue as the pro class, most look nothing like a real truck. When we first started rc cawling, most of the rigs did look like real trucks, with big jeep and truck bodys on them. And now the majority of trucks are just a few carbon plates with lexan panels that look nothing like a real truck. When onlookers walk by, they are drawn in my the realistic scale trucks more often then the pro rigs. The scale comp classes is what will keep this hobby alive. And new people feel more comfortable in the scale classes then sportsman in my opinion.

With all of that said, you can still build a cheater scaler if thats your thing, just look at norms rig. Its not to far off from his old sportsmans rig in terms of performance.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote

~~ MNRCRC 2015 Comp #3 - June 14th - Taylors Falls ~~ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~~ MNRCRC Comp #2 - May 31st - Taylors Falls ~~ dna4engr Minnesota 88 06-06-2015 05:56 PM
MNRCRC Taylors falls Comp#2 May 31st-Taylors Falls Pics barrybelvedere Minnesota 18 06-01-2015 11:27 PM
~~ MNRCRC 2015 Comp #1 - May 3rd - Taylors ~~ dna4engr Minnesota 46 05-09-2015 08:29 AM
~~MNRCRC Fall Finals 10/7/12 @ Taylors Falls ~~ Stormin2u Minnesota 27 10-15-2012 10:51 AM
Going to Taylors Falls Sat. June 11th olskooltoyotaluvr Minnesota 0 06-10-2011 07:52 PM