View Poll Results: Taylors or Mississippi River Park 3-25-07
GTG at Taylors Falls 2 33.33%
GTG at Mississippi River Park 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: MNRCRC Cabin fever crawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #21
Web Wheeling

If I am not stuck working on my truck still, shouldn't really be playing when I have a truck to fix All I need to do is remove 3 broken bolts from the fuel tank, then bolt everything back up and hope nothing else breaks.

I get to take a torch to the bolts on my fuel tank, that should be exciting :-P
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

i'll see if i can ge one of my parents to drive me down there. i will be half way there after church, only a 30 minute drive or so from there.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #23
Debunking old stereotypes

Gonna have to watch the weather on this One guys. We dodged the rain yesterday, but we may get some heavy thunderstorms yet today and tonight. Lets hope not. I just think the Trail of Terror (AKA Nicklepimp ridge) would be too risky to use, it was pretty muddy and slippery when 4 of us were there this past Sun and if it rains much, the lower section will probably have too much runoff. Since I'm close, I'll check it out and report back.
As of now, we're still on for Sun though
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #24

TAYLORS FALLS IS OPEN!!!!STILL A BIT OF SNOW IN THE SHADED AREAS
zx9crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Sorry, I couldn't quite hear you Dave... did you say Taylors was open? If that's the case, we can just go there if Minnehaha is too wet.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #26
Web Wheeling

I would much rather go to Taylors anyways, got some rock testing to be done.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp
Sorry, I couldn't quite hear you Dave... did you say Taylors was open? If that's the case, we can just go there if Minnehaha is too wet.
We didn't get any of the rain the weather report said we'd get. So far things should be dryer then Sun.
If it doesn't rain, I would rather run at Mississippi River Park. Mostly because we'll be running Taylors a lot again this Summer as is. Whats anyone's else's feeling on that? Doesn't really matter to me, I'll be there either way.
Mike, you wanting to test a 2.2 or the Jug?
If it's the 2.2? the spring runoff has exposed some decent size rocks at Miss Pk. They found some pretty challanging lines to run on Sun with the 2.2's. While it's not Taylors, you'd still find some good testing ground.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #28
Web Wheeling

Both really, both have new wheels and tires that have never seen the rocks. And we have a comp in Iowa coming up, I need to dial them in. Not sure if I have enough weight on the Jugg yet, and need to decide if I want to cut foam or not.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

my dad may not be willing to drive me to minneapolis, but he may drive me to taylors falls. i will ask him.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #30
Donkey Punch Champion!

Hello Boys, I am going to put this on my list for Sunday. Me, being a first timer, would someone send me some directions and maybe a cell number to call someone on Sunday? I have several trucks and maybe a buddy or 2 who would come with me. Looking forward to meeting you all. Later.

BigBaller..........Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
Hello Boys, I am going to put this on my list for Sunday. Me, being a first timer, would someone send me some directions and maybe a cell number to call someone on Sunday? I have several trucks and maybe a buddy or 2 who would come with me. Looking forward to meeting you all. Later.

BigBaller..........Ryan
Hey, it's good to see you... errr... read you?...
How's that Bronco treating you? And didn't you say you were getting another Diaz chassis? How's that one working out?
I'm gonna try to make it out this Sunday... Depending on weather... And if a definite location is determined. So you can give me a call if you'd like. You still have my number? I'll PM it to you if you don't.

And to the rest, Hello again... I've been busy working on other RC's all winter. Spent lots'o'money in the past few months. I didn't really do anything to my 2.2 or Super. They are virtually the same as when last season ended.
I'm gonna have some fun this spring/summer with my 5B... Denny bought an FG Monster Beetle Pro recently, and we've got plans for some areas to run them...
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #32
RCC Addict

And here's a link to the post with the directions to the Taylors Falls spot: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost.php?p=333403&postcount=759

And I don't remember where the direction are for the Minnehaha/Murderapolis location. Maybe Freetime or someone will have them...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #33

I've added a poll to the thread. Please vote where you'd like to see the GTG.
Also, Saturday sounds like it's going to be the better day. Anyone think we should switch to Sat??
Also please note: the poll closes tomorrow at this time.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 03-22-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler
I've added a poll to the thread. Please vote where you'd like to see the GTG.
Also, Saturday sounds like it's going to be the better day. Anyone think we should switch to Sat??

That might be a good idea... I've heard rain and possible thunderstorms for Sunday, but Saturday is clear with a high of 60.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #35
Web Wheeling

Saturday will be hard for me... I need to get my gas tank taken care of before I can play. Driving the FJ every day is to risky with it not being 100% street legal. Got stopped in it yesterday cause my rear bumper was 1 inch to high and lack of rear mud flaps. The sheriff couldn't find anything else wrong with it, but I don't need a $120 ticket for a bumper thats to tall, even though my pickup is worse it looks legal from a distance.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

i do not think i can make saturday. i have something i am going to.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #37
Web Wheeling

Just talked to Erik and he is in, just figure out what day you are doing this, and time. If it is Saturday, I probably will not be able to make it out till 2 or 3.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

i checked weather.com. it says that in both minneapolis and taylors falls there is a 40% chance of rain on both saturday and sunday. so if there is the same chance for rain on both days then i think we should stick with sunday. weather.com is very reliable and is usually right. also on both saturday and sunday the high will be in the low 60's. the snow will melt in that heat, so on the second day of high temps, sunday, the ground would probably be drier excluding the wetness from rain. so i think we should stick with sunday.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #39

Adogg13x posted a link to the Taylors spot in post 32 here.

Here is the directions to the Mississippi River Park spot.
The poll doesn't end until tomorrow at 5:30pm, so we won't know the spot until then. I think we might as well stick to Sunday noon for either location.

Map to crawl/trail run spot. Mississippi Park.
We are actually going to be parking in the lot at 36th and West River Parkway about 3 blocks North from the star on the map..

From I-94 take the Cretin/Vandalia exit south to Marshall Ave. Turn right from Cretin onto Marshall and go across the Mississippi River bridge. Take the first left on the Minneapolis side of the bridge. (Marshall turns to Lake Street on the Mpls side of the river) That leads you to West River Parkway. Go South about 6 blocks to the parking lot on West River Parkway and 36th st.

From Crosstown/Hwy 62 Go East to Hiawatha/Minnahaha Ave exit. Take Hiawatha to 42nd St and go right/East to West River Parkway, then left/North 6 blocks to the 36th St West River Parkway lot.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...0Park&qc=Parks

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 03-22-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:29 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTman
i checked weather.com. it says that in both minneapolis and taylors falls there is a 40% chance of rain on both saturday and sunday. so if there is the same chance for rain on both days then i think we should stick with sunday. weather.com is very reliable and is usually right. also on both saturday and sunday the high will be in the low 60's. the snow will melt in that heat, so on the second day of high temps, sunday, the ground would probably be drier excluding the wetness from rain. so i think we should stick with sunday.

I looked myself this morning at 6 different forcasts (NOAA aka:National Weather Service, Kare11, WCCO, Fox9, KSTP, & The Weather Channel aka: weather.com) and they all say partly cloudy, highs around 60 for Saturday, in both Taylors falls and MPLS. Where as Sunday they ALL predict a 40-60% chance of rain and thunderstorms. Weather channel was the only one to predict a 10-20% chance or rain on Saturday for both locations...
And I'm sure that even later in the day today the focasts will be even closer to being right...