View Poll Results: Taylors or Mississippi River Park 3-25-07
GTG at Taylors Falls 2 33.33%
GTG at Mississippi River Park 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: MNRCRC Cabin fever crawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #41
Web Wheeling

Unfortunately for this weekend, many of us seem to have to much going on Saturday. After talking to Kevin last night, he said he had a hockey game to go to, I have to fix my truck before I can play.... If worse comes to worse and it is to crappy this weekend, we could do something next weekend.

60% according to weatherunderground, and rain starting at 10am and lasting all day.... Dunno, what do we do with this one? How many of us can show up on Saturday? I am thinking I could make it around 3pm, but not noon. And Kevin would have to leave early, not sure that would give him the proper time to drive someone's rig off a cliff?
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #42
Debunking old stereotypes

I'm kind of a wait and see weather guy. I don't really believe much of the weather reports. It was supposed to rain the last couple of days. Wet later week with flood warnings for Southern MN. It was Sunny both days. The last I heard, of course they're all different forecasts, was a 40% chance of light showers Sun. I'll believe it when I see it.
Either way, I'm good for either day.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R
Unfortunately for this weekend, many of us seem to have to much going on Saturday. After talking to Kevin last night, he said he had a hockey game to go to, I have to fix my truck before I can play.... If worse comes to worse and it is to crappy this weekend, we could do something next weekend.

60% according to weatherunderground, and rain starting at 10am and lasting all day.... Dunno, what do we do with this one? How many of us can show up on Saturday? I am thinking I could make it around 3pm, but not noon. And Kevin would have to leave early, not sure that would give him the proper time to drive someone's rig off a cliff?

There's always enough time to drive someone else's rig off the cliff.

[Thinking to myself] I wonder how Mike rig handles...
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #44
Web Wheeling

For a mere $1000 deposit, you too can test drive my 2.2 tuber Awhile ago I made a list of rough prices for my TLT, and hit around $800 without the axles, or any of the supplies to build the custom parts and tube frame.... Never realized before then just how much a little TLT can cost!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #45

Kevins willing to "test" the durabilty of that new tuber and you wanna charge him for that
Old 03-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #46
Web Wheeling

Its a bargin of a deal though, a very low price to be able to try one of my creations.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #47
Donkey Punch Champion!

Boys either way I believe I can make it. I IM'd Andy my cell number. You cats figure it out and Andy call me to confirm? I gotta replace an axle on a TLT and should be able to bring a buddy and a few trucks. See ya then? Thanks.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #48
Web Wheeling

Ryan, I looked at some of your posts and you have some sweet looking trucks I can't wait to watch kevin drive one off a cliff ;)
Old 03-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #49
Donkey Punch Champion!

Great, my trucks trashed by someone OTHER then me. I will have to try to talk to "Hulk" sometime soon. I REALLY NEED a tuber, and a sweet one at that. I have one being built (Double J) but the time frames are killing me so far.:-( Soon enough. Life is good in MN today. The weather is beautiful! Hope we can catch this kinda weather when and if we GTG. I gotta go wash the car first time outta storage this year.......Drop the top and lay some rubber....

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #50
Web Wheeling

Ok Saturday should now be open all day for me :-p Got the tank back in the truck without any problems. I just need to run to Napa and return a part, and get some new hose clamps for the filler neck. Then I can fire the truck up and have a beer in celebration
Old 03-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

i still hope we have the gtg on sunday. i am busy tomorrow from 10:45-3:00 but then it would take about an hour to get to minneapolis, and my dad has something he needs to take care of for my sister who is in afganistan. also my dad is actually willing to drive me down to minneapolis for this event. he won't even drive me to hobbytown in brooklyn park! he often is busy or not in a good mood. i would like to see some crawlers in person this weekend. and if we do get showers, if your rigs are waterproofed then you should just waterproof yourselves. wear a poncho or something to keep dry. i think trails would be ok in the rain compared to wet rocks which are harder to grip. so i just hope we can stick to sunday. other people have plans as well for saturday it seems.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #52
Web Wheeling

I am thinking about changing my brushless controller over from the quark to the Mamba. The mamba is waterproof, though its not as smooth as the quark, meaning I will have to lower the gearing a little.

And the event is going to be on Sunday, sounds like a few of us will be there rain or shine. I might bring the Jugg with too, need to see how the weight balance is.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

I'll be there on sunday , possibably Junior
pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #54

have fun gents! MN, state onroad championship races are this weekend so I will be heading to Duluth in the morning and comming back late on Sunday.
zx9crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Well, I'm probably getting together with my buddy Denny on Saturday, reguardless of what everyone else is choosing for a day... I just don't believe we should plan for a day that is much more likely to be raining... Whatever.

But from the looks of it now a bunch of people are available to go go out on Saturday, maybe in the mid afternoon, sometime between noon and three at least, maybe stay longer. It'll be a nicer day...

Heck if people want, we could do one day in MPLS (Saturday) and one day at Taylors Falls (Sunday)... That way, if it does rain on Sunday, it wouldn't be so bad when compare to the terrain(ie: mud+cliff) in MPLS.
Or even plan for both days at one location. i'm sure there's a few that wouldn't mind crawling on both days, Just a thought.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #56
Web Wheeling

I was half thinking about hitting up Taylors tomarrow since Troy and Kevin seem to have their minds set on Minneapolis for Sunday. Wanna meet up at Taylors around 2pm tomarrow? All I have planned for tomarrow is to work on the wiring in the landcruiser a bit.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

so is it for sure that we will be crawling at minnehaha falls at noon on sunday? i need to know so i can plan on being there.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #58
Web Wheeling

Yes
Old 03-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #59

I'd be fine with running both days. Where are you planning on running tomorrow Andy?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Denny and I talked about meeting at Minnehaha, maybe/and/or go over to Hidden falls (other side of the river)... Don't know for sure. I don't think Denny would be up for going to Taylors Falls this weekend... And I'd rather stay in the area too.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote