RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Missouri (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/missouri/)
-   -   U4RC....KCRC Addition (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/missouri/473221-u4rc-kcrc-addition.html)

Jethrobodean 03-15-2014 10:19 PM

Re: U4RC....KCRC Addition

I'm a ways from KC, but if schedule permits I'd be interested in a trip over to see some folks who can actually drive. :lmao:

BC Racing 03-23-2014 07:25 AM

Next weekends weather is looking pretty good, and would like to get another track building day in.

For anyone that wants to lend a hand....which day works better? (Sat/Sun)

Bad Attitude 03-23-2014 08:05 AM

Sunday works best for me... Saturday wouldn't be free till afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harley 03-23-2014 09:10 AM

Saturday is probably best for me so I have a day to recoop before heading to work. But I'll make it whenever. Is Hertz open on Sunday?

Harley 03-23-2014 09:12 AM

I threw a few minutes of video together from yesterdays pitstop at the drive-in.

Ultra4 RC Track - Axial Wraith Racing - YouTube

Bad Attitude 03-23-2014 09:58 AM

Nice job getting that together, that was a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC Racing 03-23-2014 12:24 PM

:twisted: ....very nice Josh!!

Man that was fun, can't wait to get more rigs on course!

I'm probably leaning to sat as well...but open to either. Another day and a few backs I think will be looking good.

ChrisShooting 03-23-2014 06:03 PM

Now this should be fun. Wish I could get out and help. Really excited about taking time off to race though!!!

luckster 03-23-2014 06:52 PM

Working a lot of weekends right now. But hope to be able to come out and help and have some fun too. Nice vieo Josh.

BC Racing 03-25-2014 10:38 AM

Track work day/testing numero dos!

This Saturday 3/29/2014....10am start.

If SwapNshop is still going on when you arrive...tell the gate your with KCRC for free entry.

Hard rakes/shovels will be very useful for Sat, we will also be renting a compactor. I have DI-Brian hopefullly securing additional dirt and rocks for the day. Goal is to give the track a good grooming/compaction, work on some obstacles and put in some additional work at rock hill area's.

:twisted:.....Consider some track testing to be part of the days work (bring your rig)!

Any help would be greatly appriecated. I am really pushing to get this track "live" asap. Some recent conversations have been very encouraging...with some great things potentially on the horizon.

edit: Boulevard Drive In
1051 Merriam Lane
Kansas City, KS 66103

Harley 03-25-2014 12:09 PM

Planning on it "thumbsup"

realsickclown 03-25-2014 02:52 PM

sweet, I seen the video from last weekend, and plan on making it out to help.

viper6171 03-25-2014 04:05 PM

i really do want to come out and help but my work schedule keeps me from it most times :evil:.

BC Racing 03-26-2014 01:29 PM

I have heard some chatter about what format/vehicle types/track make up/etc that we are planning to run. If unfamiler with RC Ultra4 style racing, I would encourage you to check out the U4RC facebook page and/or U4RC section here on RCC (watch the videos). Additionally check out some of the 1:1 videos from King of the Hammers (the inspiration essentially).

With the blessing of U4RC, we will be using thier rules as a guideline. And though I personally hope that the 2.2 Trophy (and soon to be 1.9 Trophy) become the big draw.....I am fully aware this will not be the case at first.

I foresee starting out with basically a 1.9 & 2.2 competitor class, and
expand from there as interest grows.

Below are the current (Revised Rules 03/26/2014) U4RC rules that were established for the 2014 season.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Revised Rules 3/26/2014

All classes
MOA are not allowed. Non-scale race-track style vehicles are not allowed. Battery must be chassis mounted, and hidden in a scale fashion. Electric powered vehicles only. No comp, short course, cut n shut, or pin tires allowed. A tire for the U4RC must be a scale looking tire (example: Axial Ripsaws), either a licensed replica, or a non-licensed replica. Rigs no...t meeting specific class specs will be placed in the fairest class possible at the judge’s discretion. Tech of the cars can happen anytime throughout the day. Heats will be 8 minutes and mains will be 10 minutes.

1.9 trail
This class is for 1.9” tire clad vehicles that are box stock thru highly modified. Vehicle must be scale in appearance. Rim diameter must not exceed 1.9”at any point. No short course style rims allowed. Vehicles must have (2) solid axles. Weights on axle are not allowed. (Example c-hubs weights or stick on weights) Vehicles must have rail style, tube, or twin vertical plate chassis. This class requires the rig to have a scale body like your typical 1.9 “scale rig or TUFF Truck”. Wheelbase must not exceed 13” and track width must not exceed 10”.

1.9 Competitor
This class is for 1.9” tire clad rigs that are highly modified and resemble full size race vehicles. Vehicle must be scale in appearance for rock-race style racing. This class includes rigs running plastic chassis and/or roll cages. Open to any shaft driven, non-moa axle configuration. Independent suspension is allowed. Weights on axle are not allowed. (Example c-hubs weights or stick on weights) Rim diameter must not exceed 1.9” at any point. Short course style rims are not allowed. Rail style, tub style and tube chassis’ are allowed. Wheelbase must not exceed 13” and track width must not exceed 11”. Rear steering is allowed. This is only class that has 8 minutes qualifiers and 8 minute mains. Due to size of batteries.

1.9 trophy
This is a builder’s class. This class is for 1.9” tire clad Ultra4 style rigs that are highly modified and highly resemble full size rock race vehicles. This class only includes rigs running full metal roll cages or, a metal upper cage attached to a factory skid plate. Meaning no plastic chassis component allowed except skid plate. You can use a factory skid plate, such as a Twinhammer, Wraith, Scx10, or Wreckluse skid. You could also use the metal portion of an Exo Skid, but not any plastic pieces attached to it. Vehicle must be very scale in appearance. Open to shaft driven, non-moa axle configurations. Weights on axle are not allowed. (Example chubs weights or stick on weights) Single or double solid axle and non-factory independent suspensions (aka hand fab) are allowed. Rim diameter must not exceed 1.9” at any point. Short course style rims are not allowed. A tire for the U4RC must be a scale tire, either a licensed replica, or a non-licensed replica. Rail style and tube style chassis’ are allowed. Minimum overall chassis height of 4.5”. Wheelbase must not exceed 13” and track width must not 11”. Batteries cannot be in plain sight. Transmissions cannot be plain sight and wires should be hidden. You must have a driver and /or driver insert and driver must have a helmet. (NO ANIMATED CHARACTERS).

2.2 competitor limited
This class is for 2.2” tire clad vehicles that are box stock thru slightly modified. Vehicle must be scale in appearance for rock race style racing. This class includes rigs running plastic chassis, roll cages, and twin vertical plate chassis. Must weigh a minimum 6lbs with battery installed. Open to any shaft driven, non-moa axle configuration. Double solid axle only. Weights on axle are not allowed. (Example c-hubs weights or stick on weights) Short course style rims are not allowed. No Comp, short course, or pin tires allowed. A tire for this class must be a scale tire, either a licensed replica, or a non-licensed replica. It has to look like something you would see on a 1:1 trail, race, or street rig. Wheelbase must not exceed 14.5” and track width must not exceed 13”. Rear steering is allowed. Must have interior either the wraith or driver inserts. We would like to see drivers in the car, but we understand if it is your first race. (No Animated Characters)

2.2 competitor open
This class is for 2.2” tire clad vehicles that are slightly modified thru heavily modified. Vehicle must be scale in appearance for rock race style racing. This class includes rigs running plastic or metal chassis and/or roll cages. Open to any shaft driven, non-moa axle configuration. Double solid axle and IFS. Short course style rims are allowed only on the IFS. Weights on axle are not allowed. (Example chubs weights) No Comp, short course, or pin tires allowed. A tire for this class must be a scale tire, either a licensed replica, or a non-licensed replica. It has to look like something you would see on a 1:1 trail, race, or street rig. Wheelbase must not exceed 14.5” and track width must not exceed 13”. Rear steering is allowed. Must have interior either the wraith or driver inserts. We would like to see drivers in the car, but we understand if it is your first race. (No animated Character). This will be the class for southern rock bouncers.

2.2 trophy
This is a builder’s class. This class is for 2.2” tire clad Ultra4 style rigs that are highly modified and highly resemble full size rock race vehicles. This class only includes rigs running full metal roll cages or, a metal upper cage attached to a factory skid plate. Meaning no plastic chassis component allowed except skid plate. You can use a factory skid plate, such as a Wraith, Scx10, or Wreckluse skid. You could also use the metal portion of an Exo Skid, but not any plastic pieces attached to it. Vehicle must be very scale in appearance. Minimum weight of 8lbs with battery installed. Open to shaft driven, non-moa axle configurations. Weights on axle are not allowed. (Example chubs weights or stick on weights) Single or double solid axle and non-factory independent suspensions (aka hand fab) are allowed. Rim diameter must not exceed 2.2” at any point. Short course style rims are not allowed. No comp, short course, cut n shut, or pin tires allowed. A tire for the U4RC must be a scale tire, either a licensed replica, or a non-licensed replica. Rail style and tube style chassis’ are allowed. Minimum overall chassis height of 4.5”. Wheelbase must not exceed 14.5” and track width must not exceed 12.5”. Batteries cannot be in plain sight. Transmissions cannot be plain sight and wires should be hidden. You must have a driver and /or driver insert and driver must have a helmet. (NO ANIMATED CHARACTERS).

Heat format: We will take the top two from round 1. Round 2 we will take the top two. We will do a LCQ the top 2 to get into the final. This will work for 4- 20 cars. This could change if we don’t have enough cars for a class or too many.

TECH: Checking of the car can either been done at sign up, heat race, or after the main. Cars that don’t meet the class requirements will result in a DQ and no points will be rewarded. People the can tech a car are has followed a U4RC official.

TURN MARSHAL: Everyone is asked to turn marshal unless you physically cannot do it. Turn marshaling is physical work and is hard to walk on the track. If you cannot turn marshal let us know at sign up. We also need track Marshals to watch the track to catch people cutting the track. Please when you are turn marshaling don’t be on your phone, taking picture, smoking, and drinking. Put cars back on the track in the tended direction of travel meaning don’t put the car on the track backwards.

TheAxialNut 03-26-2014 02:00 PM

Keep it up guys your gonna love the results of your labor, in SoCal here we are running out of parking for all the people, gonna have to start carpooling. :lmao:

We had to start parking on the RC dirt oval last race...

Harley 03-26-2014 02:11 PM

They're rules are pretty open when you read through them and I also agree that I would like to see the trophy class grow into one of our premier classes! We have some awesome builders here and it would be cool to be able to showcase our local abilities!

BC Racing 03-27-2014 07:11 AM

Revised U4RC rules released (03/26/2014). Original post above has been edited...

Jethrobodean 03-27-2014 07:45 AM

Not sure how to interpret the driver rule. 2D (Hpi trophy interior) acceptable for trophy class? I guess they ditched the min. weight rule for this year?

Not that I think I'll get the chance to compete much, but might as well aim for some sort of class compliance. "thumbsup"

BC Racing 03-27-2014 08:32 AM

My understanding is yes on the HPI interior. 8lb is still active for 2.2 Trophy?
Hope you can make it up sometime..."thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethrobodean (Post 4724126)
Not sure how to interpret the driver rule. 2D (Hpi trophy interior) acceptable for trophy class? I guess they ditched the min. weight rule for this year?
Not that I think I'll get the chance to compete much, but might as well aim for some sort of class compliance. "thumbsup"

As I said earlier "we" will use the rules as a guideline to run basically an open 1.9 & 2.2 class for starters. Posting of the entire rule set is mainly to inform what would be accepted/what class your rig would fall in...for a national type event/series if you so chose to enter. The new classes that are listed are due to the popularity that SoCal U4RC is experincing, they listen to the drivers and have adjusted to what works.

Keeping it SCALE and having fun are the two biggest things I would stress for us locally.

Jethrobodean 03-27-2014 08:39 AM

I thought I'd read 8# on the 1.9 class earlier, probably just remembering wrong. Not that I worry too much, mine's turning into a heavy pig anyway it seems.