RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Missouri (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/missouri/)
-   -   U4RC....KCRC Addition (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/missouri/473221-u4rc-kcrc-addition.html)

Harley 07-23-2014 09:47 AM

Re: U4RC....KCRC Addition

Sounds like it was quite a bit of work! :shock: Looking forward to getting it all setup, thanks for putting in some hours out there guys!

BC Racing 07-23-2014 10:05 AM

7-5 on the hottest day of the year...go figure! It needed it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 4843455)
Sounds like it was quite a bit of work

Were trying to score another load of the free dirt...but did price some dirt and rock from right down street. Dirt was a little pricey, but will say it was overkill for what we want (black). They did have a decent deal on a ton of the round river boulder stuff (donations welcome ;-))

Hopefully a pile of dirt, couple wheel barrels and a few of us on some dummy sticks can get it back into race shape.

Working out some lane dividers today....still would prefer not using the tube stuff.

Rockpiledriver 07-23-2014 10:17 AM

Looks like a great place. Can't wait to see the finished track.

Harley 07-23-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4843475)

Were trying to score another load of the free dirt...but did price some dirt and rock from right down street. Dirt was a little pricey, but will say it was overkill for what we want (black). They did have a decent deal on a ton of the round river boulder stuff (donations welcome ;-))

Hopefully a pile of dirt, couple wheel barrels and a few of us on some dummy sticks can get it back into race shape.

Working out some lane dividers today....still would prefer not using the tube stuff.

What was the cost on the rock?

Any thoughts on the parking space stops? May be able to source those if they were desired.

Bad Attitude 07-23-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4843475)

Jeff, I'll pitch in on that rock!
Thanks and good job guys, I can't wait to get back out there.

G-FORCE 07-23-2014 07:47 PM

Would be intrested in knowing your race schedule. This type of racing gets my blood boiling.
Willing to make the trip and have fun.

Geno H

BC Racing 07-24-2014 05:18 AM

Think we could get it in $90-95 range....he was giving us the boulevard discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 4843496)
What was the cost on the rock?

Any thoughts on the parking space stops? May be able to source those if they were desired.

Forgot we talked about those..YES, think those would work perfect painted up. They were fairly cheap if I remember correctly....we're gonna need quite a few. (They deliver,or how we getting there?)

"thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Attitude (Post 4843545)
Jeff, I'll pitch in on that rock!
Thanks and good job guys, I can't wait to get back out there.

Will post it up when we get to that point for sure..."thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-FORCE (Post 4844043)
Would be intrested in knowing your race schedule. This type of racing gets my blood boiling.
Willing to make the trip and have fun.

Geno H

realsickclown 07-25-2014 03:15 PM

so this will be strictly ULTRA4 style racing? Are you setting up alternate lanes for short coarse rigs, like short coarse??

Harley 07-25-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realsickclown (Post 4845716)
so this will be strictly ULTRA4 style racing? Are you setting up alternate lanes for short coarse rigs, like short coarse??

With how we had it setup before, a short course truck would not be a good idea. Not sure on the redesign but I'm guessing the compromise would make the track less desireable for U4. There are already SC tracks in town.

BC Racing 07-29-2014 12:24 PM

Would anyone be down for a layout/work day this weekend, suppose to be very pleasant out?
I'm shooting for early saturday, just incase we end up having to buy some dirt. Havent recieved any of the free stuff as of today, but Brian is gonna hound them tomorrow. Post up if interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 4845723)
There are already SC tracks in town.

More then a few....this one will be a U4 track solely. "thumbsup"

Harley 07-29-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4849151)
Would anyone be down for a layout/work day this weekend, suppose to be very pleasant out?
I'm shooting for early saturday, just incase we end up having to buy some dirt. Havent recieved any of the free stuff as of today, but Brian is gonna hound them tomorrow. Post up if interested.

More then a few....this one will be a U4 track solely. "thumbsup"

I've got a wedding early afternoon Saturday, so I'm out :x

BC Racing 07-30-2014 01:18 PM

Just received the call! "thumbsup"

Two more dump truck loads of free dirt delivered...

Harley 07-30-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4850061)
Just received the call! "thumbsup"

Two more dump truck loads of free dirt delivered...

8) Nice score!

BC Racing 07-31-2014 12:29 PM

Workday Update:

Moving the workday to this SUNDAY the 3rd of August, works out better for a few that are wanting to come down and help. I'll be down there around 7am, everyone is welcome to come whenever.

Swap n Shop will be going on, so just tell the gate your with KCRC.

If you have a wheelbarrow, shovel or rake please bring with.

We have alot of dirt to move, and some large pipes to cut (i have secured a concrete saw for this) and half bury....layout lane dividers, make new jumps/tech sections, etc...

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5f1acc74.jpg

Also bought $350 worth of this rock today (to be delivered tomorrow) for lane dividers and whatnot...

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ac55cca.jpg

Believe as it sits now Josh, Paul, Rick & myself are in....hope to see some more faces if at all possible. :twisted: super excited to get this track up and running! thanks guys

Harley 07-31-2014 12:38 PM

OH YEAH!!!

Thats some awesome news Jeff. I'll throw some cash your way for the investment.

I've got a wheelbarrow and some stuff I'll bring with me. As long as this wedding isn't too out of control I'll plan on coming down early.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4850921)
Workday Update:

Moving the workday to this SUNDAY the 3rd of August, works out better for a few that are wanting to come down and help. I'll be down there around 7am, everyone is welcome to come whenever.

Swap n Shop will be going on, so just tell the gate your with KCRC.

If you have a wheelbarrow, shovel or rake please bring with.

We have alot of dirt to move, and some large pipes to cut (i have secured a concrete saw for this) and half bury....layout lane dividers, make new jumps/tech sections, etc...

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5f1acc74.jpg

Also bought $350 worth of this rock today (to be delivered tomorrow) for lane dividers and whatnot...

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ac55cca.jpg

Believe as it sits now Josh, Paul, Rick & myself are in....hope to see some more faces if at all possible. :twisted: super excited to get this track up and running! thanks guys

BC Racing 08-14-2014 02:12 PM

I'm planning on some track work Sunday morning...if anyone would like to join.

BC Racing 08-17-2014 06:00 AM

Running a little slow this morning, gonna try to be down there by 9am.

"thumbsup" Thank you Paul & drive-in Brian for the donation$...much appreciated!

BC Racing 09-18-2014 08:11 PM

Anyone be interested in a little labor/shackdown run Sunday morning?

Get all those new yeti's out on the track! :twisted:

Side note: We have access year round, so no worries about it ever being closed. (just had a couple people ask)

Harley 09-18-2014 09:04 PM

Really wish I could make it! I'll be in the office (as I still am now...:roll:)

BC Racing 09-21-2014 06:52 AM

Rick and I will be down within the hour....