Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: 6x6 ...... Thing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #21

you got any videos of that thang in action? great job though. it looks cool. i would like to have one for myself.
OldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

for driving both rear ends .... turn the forward rear axle around and run you shaft carrier bearing style. I don't think the T-case would work for that though but maybe if you flip an axle so it runs reverse then you can run your input shaft to the rear ouput. Then place the 'case where the first driveline would work angle and length wise (using the lowest output shaft). The upper output would run to a 'Carrier bearing' (just a 5mm shaft with two bearings placed right above the first rear axle with the shaft reatined by both shaft yokes) that'll give you reasnable driveshaft lengths and angles. But, as you would be using the original input shaft as the new rear rear axle output, you may need to flip the axle to reverse it's rotation. It'll be a fair bit of shafting, but it'll work, and still allow for adequate suspension movement. Plus, use what you already have with just a little bit more ... as opposed to starting over.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZORLAC View Post

That has to be one of the sickest builds I've ever seen...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
for driving both rear ends .... turn the forward rear axle around and run you shaft carrier bearing style. I don't think the T-case would work for that though but maybe if you flip an axle so it runs reverse then you can run your input shaft to the rear ouput. Then place the 'case where the first driveline would work angle and length wise (using the lowest output shaft). The upper output would run to a 'Carrier bearing' (just a 5mm shaft with two bearings placed right above the first rear axle with the shaft reatined by both shaft yokes) that'll give you reasnable driveshaft lengths and angles. But, as you would be using the original input shaft as the new rear rear axle output, you may need to flip the axle to reverse it's rotation. It'll be a fair bit of shafting, but it'll work, and still allow for adequate suspension movement. Plus, use what you already have with just a little bit more ... as opposed to starting over.
I tore it down and tried something different with the rear end but wasnt happy with that either. My next plan is going to be similar to one of the previous pictures of the land rover where the tcase was mounted to the axle then the extra output was run to the rear axle. Should eliminate the extra shafts completely. I just have to figure out how to mount the tcase on the axle like it needs to be.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
I tore it down and tried something different with the rear end but wasnt happy with that either. My next plan is going to be similar to one of the previous pictures of the land rover where the tcase was mounted to the axle then the extra output was run to the rear axle. Should eliminate the extra shafts completely. I just have to figure out how to mount the tcase on the axle like it needs to be.
try using a thick walled tube to conect the t-case and axile outputs then just make a brace to hold the t-case to the axile.
DKSnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKSnipes View Post
try using a thick walled tube to conect the t-case and axile outputs then just make a brace to hold the t-case to the axile.
Ya its either going to be something like that or something like the pinzgauers where the tcase is in the front and 2 different shafts run back. I need to get back moving on this project, lol.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

These 6x6s re great builds!
Mad-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
RCC Addict

found a body! finally i guess. I got the rear suspension worked out just waiting for some more driveshafts but while surfing fleabay i found....

.... for 99cents.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I have very simaler to that^^^
CUSTOMHILUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOMHILUX View Post
I have very simaler to that^^^
Have you repainted it yet?

Being a metal body i was thinking of just taking it to one of the custom autobody shops here in town and having them shoot it but for its size and durability ill prolly just get it powdercoated.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

No ill post pics of it if you want tho?
CUSTOMHILUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Here ya go

http://