Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: T-shirts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Ok heres the deal I took the reins on this thing because (NO BODY ELSE WAS) & no we can not wait on this stuff it needs to be done as soon as we can cause we have to try & get the club info in & get stuff done before march granted its 5 months away but we can wait untill 1 or 2 months before to pull our heads out & decide we want to do this, I dont like the idea of hats (sorry tony) i dont wear them, We decided not to do the state in full colore cause its big & will be stiff & will crack, & the f350 picture is not the one we will be using it will be a crawler that is just all they had on the website, But you guys do what you want, vote on it, & let me know what you want & I will stay out of it & let you guys make the call!!

Last edited by sniders1975; 10-29-2008 at 07:25 AM.
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky0068 View Post
One size fits all, don't fit my bigass head.
We'll sew two hats together.

No big deal on not liking hats, my thought was simply that they might be a more universal option vs having to worry about sizes.

Last edited by stampedeproject; 10-29-2008 at 07:44 AM.
stampedeproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Sorry guys i dont mean to be a prick on this, you guys get together 4 designes & we will vote on wich ones you want & that will be the (WEINER)!!!!!

Last edited by sniders1975; 10-29-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sorry guys i dont mean to be a prick on this, you guys get together 4 designes & we will vote on wich ones you want & that will be the (WEINER)!!!!!
Yeah yeah we appreciate you doing the legwork...Chief.

I will pull my design together tonight.

I doubt it will be as good as the others, but it will give a different option to vote on.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

No problem get the designs in & lets vote & have fun with them! Dont mind me guys i had a bad couple days did not mean to take it out on anyone so that said I am better now i had my mt dew!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Default I do like this!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniders1975 View Post

I dig that also....
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

Sorry if i was being difficult, im glad that someone did take the lead in making a step forward to take charge of the club.
anyway, its now wednesday. lets try to have all submissions in by friday night, then have a poll up saturday.
Lesac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Dont worry about it i was being an ass (sorry) no that sounds good to me lets get a poll up & take a vote on the one we want!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniders1975 View Post

I vote for this one. Simple, bold, beautiful... heterosexual.

No ball caps as they prevent me from showing my long flowing locks.....
thaclodking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #51

Doesn't need to be an axle. I just put that in there to show an example. Imagine a CAD schematic of a full crawler or a recognizable part that is on all crawlers.

Last edited by golgi; 10-29-2008 at 09:24 PM.
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #52

Old 10-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi View Post

Leave it to an engineer to over complicate things
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

Love the idea and the TLT axle rendering. may not be the best thing for a club logo, but still pretty bad ass. lol
Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 AM   #55

Thanks, I'm thinking of having this printed on a t-shirt regardless of whether we choose it as our official design or not. If anybody else would like one let me know.

Here is the reason why I designed it the way I did. For one, the strongest logos should be able to look good in black and white as well as in color. Also, when someone sees a t-shirt that markets something, it should be interesting enough of a design that they wonder about it and want to talk to you to find out more about it. Also, people who do any type of specialized activity like the exclusivity of it in a way. For example think of Star Wars fans. They'll go out of their way to have something that features Star Wars but may have something on it that only a true fan would know about. Same with this, it's supposed to be interesting to the person who isn't in the know but yet have something cryptic that somebody into crawlers would know instantly. Think about if you were at a crawling comp and everyone was wearing t-shirts from their own clubs. This would stand out and get their attention.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks, I'm thinking of having this printed on a t-shirt regardless of whether we choose it as our official design or not. If anybody else would like one let me know.

Here is the reason why I designed it the way I did. For one, the strongest logos should be able to look good in black and white as well as in color. Also, when someone sees a t-shirt that markets something, it should be interesting enough of a design that they wonder about it and want to talk to you to find out more about it. Also, people who do any type of specialized activity like the exclusivity of it in a way. For example think of Star Wars fans. They'll go out of their way to have something that features Star Wars but may have something on it that only a true fan would know about. Same with this, it's supposed to be interesting to the person who isn't in the know but yet have something cryptic that somebody into crawlers would know instantly. Think about if you were at a crawling comp and everyone was wearing t-shirts from their own clubs. This would stand out and get their attention.
Very true, Im a Advertising major (actually have a degree in it already) so I agree 10 fold. I almost think that no matter what design we use, we should make the color of the shirt bright and vibrant. I love the look of the greys and browns, but they wont pop like a yellow or an orange. I think the main thing with forming a club, weather it be a T-shirt or Decals, or whatever is consistancy. someone should be able to look at a logo no matter what its on and know what that logo represents. If you do print those shirts, and we dont choose on them, id probably take one anyway.
Also to prove your point about the Black and white thing, heres the tread one and the crawler one in black and white.

Last edited by Lesac; 10-30-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
... the strongest logos should be able to look good in black and white as well as in color. Also, when someone sees a t-shirt that markets something, it should be interesting enough of a design that they wonder about it and want to talk to you to find out more about it.
Agreed.

Quote:
This would stand out and get their attention.
Yep - my only concern would be how all the detail would come through in the shirt screening process. May get a little muddy looking.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #58

[quote=golgi;1404122]Thanks, I'm thinking of having this printed on a t-shirt regardless of whether we choose it as our official design or not. If anybody else would like one let me know.

i love that logo and would be interested in it too. if you would pm me before you have them made so that if i have the money i can get one. thanks!
tlt freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:51 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:16 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post

I'm liken this one all the info and pretty clean. Can you drop out the State gray background with white only and make the red border black?