Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Tuesday nights!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #21

sorry i didnt make it but i work on tues but i will see if i can switch weds off for tues off on the 10th.
tlt freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyCJ5 View Post
looks like the 10th a few of us are coming down to play

Sweet! We need someone to show us how to actually make a course and what the format is. I just go there and mess around right now..
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
Sweet! We need someone to show us how to actually make a course and what the format is. I just go there and mess around right now..
we are new to this as well lol ...i have only had my crawler on the rocks a few times
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

What do mean someone to show us how to make a course?? We know how to make a course, We are building a huge one for the 2.2 challenge
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I think he's just talking about laying out gates , not actually building the terrain.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I will be at the plex today later in the day, so if anyone needs to be shown how to layout a course I will show them.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #27

I'm going to buy the axial gates that we have in the store and set them up this Tuesday. I'd like to get the other three spots filled with panels.

Is there any way I can get over to Gerame's shop on Monday and pick them up, or could one of you guys bring them out?
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:26 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

i didn't even think of getting any when i was there yesterday ... but chad has tennis balls (heard the Dr. gave him some topical cream for that)
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I'm sorry, I didn't make it to the plex yesterday because I was busy building panels of which we need a lot more!

COME ON PEOPLE WE NEED BODIES TO HELP WITH THE BUILDING!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #30

You sound like me a couple months ago.. My motivation has been put to other use. I was extremely motiviated to build the course for quite a while. Now I've moved and haven't seen too many people on Tuesday nights interested in the actual crawling when I head to Omaha. I didn't get into the hobby for the midwest crawler competition. I got into it for the Tuesday night club gig. When I get my current new projects complete I'd be happy to assist once more. I have some pretty cool panels I plan on making.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I got into the crawling thing because it was fun. I will never make it to omaha on a tuesday night.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #32

tuesday night will not work for everyone but it is not the only day they are open either may be another meeting is needed to find a day that works for everyone or if you are planning to head up to the plex post a thread giving others a heads up. i know if i am not at work or can get off work i will meet anyone up there to crawl and i am sure there are others that would to the same.

just my 2cents
tlt freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #33

sparky... I live in Lincoln now.. So, if you want to head up there some time with this other guy that goes with me you are more than welcome to. I just go on Tuesday because that was the designated day for the club crawling. But, for some reason nobody from the club crawls on Tuesday as was decided.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

sounds good, Now we have officially got 5 in Lincoln that I have met. Including the green haired guy!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

I haven't even considered coming up there on Tuesday nights (or any other night) because I've been spending every spare minute possible working on getting the course sections built. I don't expect to have any spare time for crawling until after March 15th (The day we have to tear it all down and clean up)
Old 02-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #36

So, you're saying there is no reason for the formation of this club except to support the competition in March? That kind of the impression I've been getting. I'll be happy to pay for a membership (two as promissed) when we actually get a club night competition going. As long as it isn't during racing season.

Either way... I'm down for helping again... soon.. but, not really for the competition so much as I cannot compete in it...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #37

Well, no crawling for me tomorrow as I didn't complete my dig tonight like I wanted to. My truck is in pieces. It needed some love anyways.

I think I'll stay at the plex and work on my other two panels so I can take all three over to Gerame's at once.
froboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
So, you're saying there is no reason for the formation of this club except to support the competition in March?
Absolutely not!

There were several people in this area who had an interest in building and driving R/C crawlers. There are people around here who have some very nice competition crawlers and really impressive scalers. This club was formed to provide some organization and planning to our get togethers. This organization will also allow us to grow and provide direction for future events and competitions. Organizing more get-togethers and comps will mean more fun for everyone involved. I see this as the primary reasons for the forming of this club.

In an unexpected series of events, some people managed to get the Midwest Indoor Challenge moved up the Hobbyplex in Omaha. If you look through the event thread you will see that there are people coming from every corner of the nation to attend this event. There are also a lot of big sponsors who are donating thousands of dollars worth of prizes. While putting on an event of this magnitude may not be what many of us had in mind when forming/joining this club, the reality is that it is happening. Since we are now the local club for this event, I see it as our responsibility to ensure that this event is a success.

I understand that not everyone can dedicate a large amount of time to this effort. I was just explaining why I personally have not been coming up the 'Plex on Tuesday nights.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:30 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

& The plex decided that tuesdays was the night to crawl cause thats when they had the time! & we would be there on tuesdays but we are spending our time right now on this comp in march! witch bye the way is a wonderful thing for OUR club to host such a huge event! But hey anyone not wanting to be in the club cause they are not happy with things say so NOW!! & we will give you your money back if you paid because im really getting tired of the whining & crying about tuesday nights !! SORRY!!!!!

Last edited by sniders1975; 02-03-2009 at 10:04 AM.
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #40

This is one reason why I do not wish to join this club. Don't get me wrong, my main reason is because I live so far away and probably won't ever make it to any scheduled event, but still, the poor attitude of the club organizers makes it seem less about crawling and having fun. I understand that there is a lot of pressure on them, but I haven't seen all that much 'whining and crying' on here.

I think the answer to the where are the t-shirts thread is disappointing. I understand that this comp. takes a lot of money, but that's not what was promised to those who joined. To that end, if anyone from the club wants to contact me, I can see about getting shirts made down here, as my stepbrother has a sign/shirt business. It may help take some of the load off of you guys and maybe people can have a shirt by comp time.

Please don't take this as negative criticism, just an observation.

I am very excited about the upcoming competition, and I wish that I had the time/skill/resources to come and help set up, but it's not possible right now. I thank everyone that is putting in all this hard work. It's really awesome how quickly this all came together.
NE79 is offline   Reply With Quote