Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: Best in the SandBox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Best in the SandBox

Yes SORCCA rules will be used for everything except course rules. I knew this would get alittle confusing saying "here are our rules but SORCCA rules are also being used." Just wasn't a cleaner way to post it.

Max number of points for functional winch = 4, but there is also the realistic item points. Is one fake?
Only thing to think about with the spare tire rule is the word "functional". To be functional it must meet the tires rules on size (OD) and tread.
Now does the tire need a rim to be functional? Does it need foam?

The SORCCA rules were written very well and pretty straight forward, but I have been talking to some of the guys that had a hand in them and you have to pay attention to the wording. There is ALOT of grey area.

What I would like todo is have a preseason comp and everyone can get their rig Tech'ed so there is no confusion the first comp out. And from there on out I will keep everyones basic score sheets and all we will have to Tech each time is just checking that everything is the same as last time. Measure everything and roll on.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

cool, i figured when you said thoes rules it was including how points are calculated aswell but the add only mentioned class 3 for build so just wanted to make sure cause im going to need as much as the allowed 40 as i can get.

think that should be the last ????

good idea for a tech ahead of time.
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I'll say it out loud......

Las Vegas needs more people talkin! Likes and comments on Facebook do not answer or relay as much as this forum has to offer.
If everyone posted photos of their rigs on here prior to the comp - there would never be any confusion and everyone would learn so much.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I'll say it out loud......

Las Vegas needs more people talkin! Likes and comments on Facebook do not answer or relay as much as this forum has to offer.
If everyone posted photos of their rigs on here prior to the comp - there would never be any confusion and everyone would learn so much.
Welcome to 2005, or wait was that '06? Or was it '07, '08, '09, '10 or '11? I can't remember.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Everyone ready to Race? I will have dates up next weekend along with tech sheets. If you see me between now and then ask me for a tech sheet and we can pre tech rigs so you know where you stand.

Is any planning on running 2.2s or is everyone sticking with the itty bitty 1.9s?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Dates are posted for the BITS series. I hope you all come out and have some fun.

Dates (subject to change - locations will the posted month prior to event)
Nov 18 - 0930 -- Crawlage Crawl Spot
Jan 20 - TBA
Mar 17 - TBA
Apr 21 - TBA
May 19 - TBA
Old 10-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Hell yes! This weekend, one day tube chassis build to convert the wraith to something that doesn't look like everyone else's rig! Then, BITS!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

First BITS will be 18 NOV - 0930 @ Crawlage

Plan is to have a G6 style event with atleast 100 gates. More if I don't run out of room. Bring extra batteries.
We will start 2 rigs at a time with a few mins between rigs.
The flags will be number and you will have to complete every gate in order.
I will not be running behind you to watch - Skip a gate if you want to. There will be enough of us around to haggle you till your lipos die.

This will be a easy going introduction of SouthernMonkeys idea of a good time playing with RC trucks. No mud, nothing extremely or crazy. I am also allowing this first event free of scale points - if you want to play for points/Prizes you will have till the second event to get your rig within the rules.
If you dont want to play for points - Just come on out and wheel. Its free and we spend lot of time scoutting, setting up, building crazy stuff, and running these events - Come on out and have some Fun with us.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

we're really hoping to see a good number of people come on out. don't be scared, we won't have you jumping off of cliffs or submerging your rig. this is just gonna be a big fun course, like JJ said, an easy introduction to the BITS series.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Sunday Sunday Sunday!
Best in the Sandbox - Event1 - Crawlage - 0930 drivers meeting.
And whats this sexy chassis? This is what the season winner will get. Made for a wraith skid but SouthernMonkey left the shock towers till the lucky winner picks axles.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Comp #2 in the Best in the Sandbox Series

Jan 20 - 0930 - Bootleg

Everyone loved the G6 style racing/crawl - but what happens when you do it side by side?
Two courses, one rig per course, you against the clock. Or is it you against the Rock?
Its time to go racing!

With how this is envisioned we should be able to race the whole course without moving more than 30yards. 2 courses, everyone will run each course atleast once. But if Time allows we will do a final heat of both courses backwards.
Best time at the end of the day win.

We call this racing only because you are against the clock - don't get it twisted...... there will be crawling sections.

Best in the SandBox - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sandbox Crawler LowCrawl Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 05-13-2010 08:51 AM
Fubar playing in the sandbox MTHead Non Crawler RC's 43 08-16-2009 01:35 PM