Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: New to rc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #1

Default New to rc

Second newbie post! Live in Cruces and just bought a losi mini after going on a crawling run in Socorro and A guy pulling to RCs out on the run... Nice to be here, I know squat about these and looking to learn!
223voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

welcome to the crawling world. the guys are at a comp right now but will be back later today. try reading up on Southern New Mexico Rocks to see where we go to and if you are ready to go out there just let somebody on here know. im on the forum all the time. your best bet to learn about crawling is reading everything on the forum.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #3

I'm trying. Holy crap I had NO idea how much you could do to these things. I am in over my head.......and I like it.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

LOL yeah there is tons of stuff you can do to those things.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #5

you usually order your stuff, or is there a place here in town that caters to this obsession?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223voodoo View Post
Second newbie post! Live in Cruces and just bought a losi mini after going on a crawling run in Socorro and A guy pulling to RCs out on the run... Nice to be here, I know squat about these and looking to learn!

Welcome,

I was the one with the RC's on the Socorro Run. Are you crawling indoors yet??
frankenstunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the club.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstunk View Post
Welcome,

I was the one with the RC's on the Socorro Run. Are you crawling indoors yet??
Hey, its John, I was the so called "photographer" my BIL was in the Blue FJ.

Anyway, HELL NO! I crawled for a bit with my mini, and then got frustrated, I want to do SO much, and have no CLUE what I am doing.

Did you get any of those pics, BTW? my BIL was going to host them
Old 02-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post
Welcome to the club.
Thanks man. Have a pill to cure this itch?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

well the only shops are in el paso but only one has rock crawler stuff that i know of and thats team valadez
Old 02-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. pee pants View Post
well the only shops are in el paso but only one has rock crawler stuff that i know of and thats team valadez
I'll have to check them out...
Old 02-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

yeah just send them a message about where they are at since they are on the forum.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Hey Voodoo I'm James.I just wanted to welcome you to this addiction that we call crawling.pound for pound these little things are more capable than their 1/1 couterparts.I you have any questions on setting up your rig please let me know.I will be more than happy to help.Look on the members pics and mine are the two DmG tubers.
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #14

Thanks, James. I am John, by the way. I am hoping to order some springs to droop it a little, and plan on weighing the tires. Where should I look for the weights?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

HI I'm Jorge I am the owner to Team Valadez in El Paso, if I can help let me know I don't have many items for the losi MRC yet but have many items for the 2.2 class I can usually order the items you need and have them in stock in about 4 days there is no special order charge or shipping if you pick up at the store. Welcome to crawling, we also have an indoor crawling course at the store.

Jorge
teamvaladezhobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamvaladezhobb View Post
HI I'm Jorge I am the owner to Team Valadez in El Paso, if I can help let me know I don't have many items for the losi MRC yet but have many items for the 2.2 class I can usually order the items you need and have them in stock in about 4 days there is no special order charge or shipping if you pick up at the store. Welcome to crawling, we also have an indoor crawling course at the store.

Jorge
I need to cruise by sometime. ITs hard with a newborn to just up and leave though.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223voodoo View Post
Thanks, James. I am John, by the way. I am hoping to order some springs to droop it a little, and plan on weighing the tires. Where should I look for the weights?
best place to get them is at the hobby shop, but i go over to hobby lobby and get weights from there but i got the last pack on friday they had and i still dont have enough lol. im going to head over the el paso this weekend so if you need me to pick up anything for you let me know and ill we can meet up and get a list.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. pee pants View Post
best place to get them is at the hobby shop, but i go over to hobby lobby and get weights from there but i got the last pack on friday they had and i still dont have enough lol. im going to head over the el paso this weekend so if you need me to pick up anything for you let me know and ill we can meet up and get a list.
I may take you up on that. Or just maybe to grab a beer sometime and talk about these things because I am a moron when it comes to these. Oh, and by the way, Hobby lobby was stocking s'more weights today. I picked up a few packets.

Have you tried Ace hardware on Picacho for the springs?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Hey John, This is Andrew, we have a Southern NM chapter of radio controlled rock crawlers and if you are interested in joining shoot me a PM.
For tire weights try hitting up a tire store, sometimes you can get a handful of strip weights for free, and Ace Hardware on Picacho has a good selection of springs.

Also I try to go crawl as much as possible, usually between classes and work. We usually meet at a place we called Little Moab that is behind A mountain.

Andrew
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltchkr View Post
Hey John, This is Andrew, we have a Southern NM chapter of radio controlled rock crawlers and if you are interested in joining shoot me a PM.
For tire weights try hitting up a tire store, sometimes you can get a handful of strip weights for free, and Ace Hardware on Picacho has a good selection of springs.

Also I try to go crawl as much as possible, usually between classes and work. We usually meet at a place we called Little Moab that is behind A mountain.

Andrew
Hm... I will definitely take you up on that sometime. Do any of you ever just get together outside of crawling? I would be interested in hooking up and meeting you...before I embarrass myself with my stockie.