Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: NMRCC Scale Season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default NMRCC Scale Season

The comment "explain the Scale Season" came up today on Joe$ thread so I hope I can do that. I speak only as a Club member and not as any authority or leader.

NMRCC or New Mexico Rock Crawling Club is a sanctioned crawling club under USRCC. That allows us to qualify for and participate in National competitions. We follow USRCC rules in our competitions. Rock crawling is the focus of the club. The crawling schedule is posted and technically Scaling is our off season play time.

Having said that, almost all of us have scale rigs and love to go beat on them. Since the current club members do not have the intention to compete in Scale Competitions outside of our club, we choose not to focus on specific vehicle details and instead try to make our events fun and welcoming to newcomers.

Last Season NMRCC held four Scale events. Tough Truck Competition, G6, Drivers Challenge and Hammer Down. We have the same four events planned for this year with a few twists. These events are for fun and free to anyone with a 1.9 or 2.2 class rig. We may add classes if there is enough interest.Last years events were a lot of fun and very well sponsored by our local hobby shops.

NMRCC does not discourage any local Scale Clubs or activities, infact we incourage anyone interested to use this forum to get people out with there RCs and let us know where you'll be.
Weekend scale runs are fun and easy and our state offers a diverse and challenging landscape.

I would like to hear your feedback.
MAHitt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NMRCC Scale Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHitt63 View Post
The comment "explain the Scale Season" came up today on Joe$ thread so I hope I can do that. I speak only as a Club member and not as any authority or leader.

NMRCC or New Mexico Rock Crawling Club is a sanctioned crawling club under USRCC. That allows us to qualify for and participate in National competitions. We follow USRCC rules in our competitions. Rock crawling is the focus of the club. The crawling schedule is posted and technically Scaling is our off season play time.

Having said that, almost all of us have scale rigs and love to go beat on them. Since the current club members do not have the intention to compete in Scale Competitions outside of our club, we choose not to focus on specific vehicle details and instead try to make our events fun and welcoming to newcomers.

Last Season NMRCC held four Scale events. Tough Truck Competition, G6, Drivers Challenge and Hammer Down. We have the same four events planned for this year with a few twists. These events are for fun and free to anyone with a 1.9 or 2.2 class rig. We may add classes if there is enough interest.Last years events were a lot of fun and very well sponsored by our local hobby shops.

NMRCC does not discourage any local Scale Clubs or activities, infact we incourage anyone interested to use this forum to get people out with there RCs and let us know where you'll be.
Weekend scale runs are fun and easy and our state offers a diverse and challenging landscape.

I would like to hear your feedback.

Well Said Little Brother
Mudeater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Very well said. And thank you for posting this and explaining. You practically covered everything there is to cover.. But since I am president I feel the need to post

As said, NMRCC is a crawler based club. We have office elections every year, a set schedule for comps every two-three weeks, and at the end of the season we combine with the other two NM clubs and hold a State Championship, thus qualifying us for Nationals.

Scalers are more of a "play" type class. We all enjoy having running them, but they are not our (our as in NMRCC) focus. The four major scale comps a year are healthy for the club. It gives a taste of what real scale completion is, and it gets the local hobby shops involved in our hobby. The scale side is small, but still larger than the comp side. Being that we try to get everyone involved, I see zero reason we need to go by any strict scale competition rules.

Scale runs on the weekend are great as well. They are nice stress relievers and they give a chance for new people to come out and see what it's all about. NMRCC as a club will NEVER discourage ANYONE to post up about going on a scale run. It's great to get everyone involved, no matter what time of year.

There is one favor I ask thou, if you are going to post up about a scale run, please make sure it is NOT on a comp weekend. Our schedule is posted at the top of the New Mexico section so it's easy to find. For us guys that scale, and do comps, it makes it rough. Once the comp season is over, please, have a scale run every weekend if you like, I just ask that you keep the comp weekends free from runs.

I do not want to discourage anyone from getting into scaling, posting up about scale runs, coming and checking out one of our comps, or even comping with us. I hope we can build this club bigger than ever, and have everyone leave with a smile on their face every time they go out.
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Pres. Also well said.

I felt compelled to give an explanation based on my own experience. The first year I attended NMRCC events I did not have a crawler. I was one of four to six persons who brought scalers to wherever the comp was and just fooled around, no rules. It was a blast and competing did not look that fun to me. I was frustrated that the club did not schedule anything for us. The Pres. At that time explained to me what I stated above.

Last year I decided to give comp crawling a try so I bought a used rig. With very little skill but a huge amount of support I was lucky enough to go to States and then the National competition. This is my second year to compete and I will say that the reasons I though I would not enjoy this were way off. It is a lot of fun.

So if your a local Scaler, don't feel left out. NMRCC may be a comp crawling club but we have some bitching scale events and they are coming to a rock near you soon.

Last edited by MAHitt63; 03-04-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Man both of you Hitt this on the head!!!! Well said
all24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by all24 View Post
I have devoted alot of time to scalers and have produced some good stuff.
That being said ... To me it is just fun.
If anybody here wants to sanction events for qaulifiers ....well we just need more participation.

NMRCC supports any and all RC adventures.
scomck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by all24 View Post
Hey thats punny!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I am all for keeping the "scale rules" up to the club. I for one will probable never compete at a national scale event. If someone in the club plans to compete on a national scale level, I'm sure the rest of us won't have an issue with you using a more strick set of rules for yourself. On that note being that the season is just around the corner, should we have a scale meeting to get thoughts and ideas from everyone to make this season as good or better than last? I am extatic that we had such a great turn out last year and that we are doing more with our scalers than just fun runs.
stick-boy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick-boy-rick View Post
should we have a scale meeting to get thoughts and ideas from everyone to make this season as good or better than last?.
Joe$'s place this Sunday. Check out his thread.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

FYI.. Scale season is still a ways out

First of four comps doesn't start till July. Yes, we can start having more scale gtg's.. But comps won't start for a bit.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I would like some talk about the future of our scale season. That's one of the main reasons I want to have a BBQ. Just bring your scaler/rc truck an appitite and some ideas. I'm wanting to maybe try adding an extra event in the future at my place so part of the scale fun will be just checking out the area for a future event.
Joe$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Im a bit confused. So has there been talk on having a separate scale class section for NMRCC since you guys are more of a comp club VS a scale club. I've always been a scale dude since I got into this hobby.

It makes sense not to schedule scale runs during comps. Just trying to get some clarification on this subject. I have a hand full of dudes that crawl with me and they are very interested in crawling with you guys in the near future.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Im a bit confused. So has there been talk on having a separate scale class section for NMRCC since you guys are more of a comp club VS a scale club. I've always been a scale dude since I got into this hobby.

It makes sense not to schedule scale runs during comps. Just trying to get some clarification on this subject. I have a hand full of dudes that crawl with me and they are very interested in crawling with you guys in the near future.
Yes, there has been. But as small as the overall club is (scale and comp) it just doesn't seem worth it. Almost everybody that comps also does the scale events, so I don't see any reason to separate it. Maybe others have different opinions?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Yes, there has been. But as small as the overall club is (scale and comp) it just doesn't seem worth it. Almost everybody that comps also does the scale events, so I don't see any reason to separate it. Maybe others have different opinions?
I also see no reason to have two separate clubs. So no difference in opinion here
Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

April 19th. Meet at the gas station at the Zuzax exit in the canyon at 1pm. Check the "super fly" thread. Your more than welcome to run with us
Old 04-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

NMRCC is a competition rock crawling club but most of us have scalers also. Last year we held a G6 fun run, Drivers Challenge, Tuff Truck Comp and a Hammer Down. We have plans to do something simular this year.

We hope you come join us.

NMRCC Scale Season - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NMRCC 2013/2014 Comp Season Hittman New Mexico 72 08-19-2014 10:01 AM
NMRCC 2012/2013 Comp Season roglum New Mexico 39 05-21-2013 06:05 PM
NMRCC Season Opening Meeting roglum New Mexico 50 10-01-2012 07:10 PM
NMRCC Comp season 2011 schedule. msd44 New Mexico 12 06-05-2011 11:35 PM
Nmrcc 2011 comp season meeting Superclass New Mexico 10 03-07-2011 07:09 PM