Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: now what? I wanted the bronco body...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #1

Default now what? I wanted the bronco body...

Man, this sucks! I started trimming the HPI bronco. I wanted it to similar to my '74. Once I put the body on, I think it's way too wide for any kind of crawling. Looks great for scale, but I want it for crawling. Looks like I would need to narrow it and dove tail the rear(maybe the front too). I was gonna flat black the hood on the outside, then viper red on the inside, but what the heck would ya have to do to customize it like above. Does any of you have pics of these mods done? If so, I would like to see them please,Chuck
blazinchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Everyone says it,use search.
Now that that is out of the way I just looked under paint and body and found this to be helpful so when I decide on a nice body I'll be able to get it done.
Tips for bed bobbing/dove tailing?

I learned that a pair of lexan scissors and duct tape doesn't look too good but got the job done for me on my "junk" and it was the look necessary to complete the project:-P
red jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Here's a Bronco narrowed in the front and dovetailed in the rear.
Attached Images

Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:22 AM   #4

that looks just like what I'm wanting!!!! Do you have a build thread or info on that?That is super sweet, thanks for posting it,Chuck
Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #5

whats up with my Q's getting moved....? I post the body Q in the paint and body...then it gets moved to newb general samething when I ask about the drive shafts for the ax10...got moved also.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinchuck View Post
that looks just like what I'm wanting!!!! Do you have a build thread or info on that?That is super sweet, thanks for posting it,Chuck
No build thread, the Bronco was a Clod built by a friend a long time ago and it no longer exists. That's the best picture I have of it. Hope it helps a little bit.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Here's a Bronco narrowed in the front and dovetailed in the rear.

That bronco looks sick
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinchuck View Post
whats up with my Q's getting moved....? I post the body Q in the paint and body...then it gets moved to newb general samething when I ask about the drive shafts for the ax10...got moved also.
The mods here are WAY overzealous.... its quite annoying. If you watch, there are TONS of threads that get moved for no good reason. Apparently some retard thinks this should be a static board for reading only, "if someone has posted it before, that makes you a newb for not being an expert at searching" Thats a big part of the reason I dont come here too often anymore.... There are plenty of other things in life to annoy me, I dont need the aggravation of idiot mods to add to it...
dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:42 AM   #9

the bodies are pretty wid eif you are looking to build a rig that has its full flex potential like a stock AX10 but not for scale builds. any ways my buddy built a tube frame for the back of his rig so that he could dovetail the rear end. he cut the fender flares off the front and did some more trimming so it clears fine, but in the rear he screwed the body to the tube frame and used like bondo or some spackling to make it look like it wasnt cut. it looks good but it took him a lot of work.

heres is a pic i found for you. its NOT my buddies but it looks like it.
lafoon75 is offline   Reply With Quote