Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Read Me First Or Die A Painful Death

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Arrow Read Me First Or Die A Painful Death

1. I know that is the Newbie section... However, that does not make it ok for you to be a lazy SOB and ask thousands of questions that have been answered thousands of times. We have a nice tool on this website called a SEARCH BUTTON, use it before posting pointless questions because you can't find the time to get off of your ***. If you don't find your answer the first time, modify your search.

2. There are several forums about different trucks, before you post something, read those forums, spend time researching, 9 times out of 10 you will find your answers. If you don't find your answer the first time, keep searching.

3. Then and only then should you post your question in the NEWBIE section.

Remember NEWBIE is not an excuse for you to ride the short bus!

Please see the instructional video located at : (courtesy of dang)
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Last edited by cheapjeep2; 12-29-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Is this really that BIG of a deal???
Old 11-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71HULK
Yes it is.
Be careful,....a train is coming.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler
Yes it is.
Be careful,....a train is coming.
I'm just wondering why y'all insist on people searching and then when they don't y'all bash them for being "NEWBIES". Instead of that, couldn't y'all simply answer some of the repeat questions and move on? Just Curious...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71HULK
Yes it is.

If we already have 20 threads on the same topic, and we let another 20 accumulate, that's 40 threads covering the same sh!t over and over again. Then when someone does a search for that topic they'll have to sift through 40 threads now, and it snowballs from there. The less clutter we have in the forums the better, especially the repost questions. It's understandable that people are excited and want answers instantly, but reading around the forums will usually answer most questions.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:13 PM   #6

i agree, UTFSB!

...after you have searched, if you still havent found anything really relevant to what you want to know post and ask.

lord knows there have been many many times i try to search for something i know has been posted and for the life of me cant find crap on it. or i've had to wade thru 20 pages of dirk worship... aint nothing wrong with asking a question as long as you try to figure it out on your own first.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

What about making a sticky about questions that get asked alot...like, frequently??? What if its called frequently asked questions. That way there could be a question about what the best tire for my application is and the answer can be "whatever your broke a@@ can afford" of something along those lines!!! No, seriously... if there was a FAQ that told the most common answers to the most common questions these NooBies (I know, I still am 1 too) could just be sent there. And if they (or I) am dumb enough to ask a question thats already been answered there they can get flamed without hesitation. Hell, maybe post the questions in a poll first and let the masses decide what the best answers are. If there was an area that told what tires were best in what terrain for this type of action, they would have to be pretty damn stupid to ask in the forum and take up space. just my .02.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

The problem is that besides the Dirk worship on this site, there are often posts of useless information (such as this thread) that further complicate the search. That is the primary reason that a lot of people become upset by certain questions.

Frequently asked...

Moab questions...
TLT questions...
How to build a Crawler...
I'm just thinking about building a crawler...
My friend has this crawler...
I'm building a Power Wheels Jeep...
I just bought X-75's but have no clue what tires fit them...
I'm building a Nitro Crawler...
My Revo Rocks like on the Traxxas forum 'yo...
Y'all got dem Nerylents? I can't decide on whether the 1/6 or 1/18 is bigger...

And so on... It gets old after a while. Especially the, "I'm just looking to build a crawler" questions. Make like Nike and "Just Do It". No wait, I didn't just say that
Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #9
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjnation
What about making a sticky about questions that get asked alot...like, frequently??? What if its called frequently asked questions. That way there could be a question about what the best tire for my application is and the answer can be "whatever your broke a@@ can afford" of something along those lines!!! No, seriously... if there was a FAQ that told the most common answers to the most common questions these NooBies (I know, I still am 1 too) could just be sent there. And if they (or I) am dumb enough to ask a question thats already been answered there they can get flamed without hesitation. Hell, maybe post the questions in a poll first and let the masses decide what the best answers are. If there was an area that told what tires were best in what terrain for this type of action, they would have to be pretty damn stupid to ask in the forum and take up space. just my .02.
It doesn't matter if we make 10 FAQ's, the newbies will still not read it and still ask the stupid questions.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I just figured it takes less inteligence to find the FAQ than searching. I mean, with a search, you actually hafta work and we can't be expecting these virgins to do that. I've only been on this site fo a short time and it would've helped me out. I know that all answers are buried somewhere on the site and actually have time (while I'm at work) to look for them. I've spent hours on the search feature and still had to ask ?'s that were probably dumb. Letting a FAQ evolve over time with info submitted by users would not be too hard to do. I'm sayin, don't expect it to be there overnight but it can happen.

lets just say a NooB named DORK DUNGLER gets on and is wondering if there is a certain crawl ratio for his clod with lathes that is preffered over another. Instead of him asking and being told to SEARCH!!!!! and thats all, he (or she, depending on if its the weekend or not) can be pointed in the direction of the FAQ instead of left on his (or her) ***. And on the FAQ, there could be answers left by others as to whick ratio they like and why. Don't get me wrong, we all know the NooB will ask even if the answer is right on the first page.... But the whole point of a forum like this is to get answers and help from others experience. Not told to find it on their own.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Impatient bastards need to just hang around, do some research, read old posts and then grow some balls to think for themselves.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #12

just a thought but wasnt a LOT of time wasted on this thred *****ing about wasting YOUR time
Old 11-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #13

Quote:
But the whole point of a forum like this is to get answers and help from others experience. Not told to find it on their own.
Show me where in the RCCrawler user handbook does it say that we need to help others?

I am in the process of making a RCCrawler picture book forum. That way the dumb *** newbs can just read the entire site by looking at pictures and drooling on themsleves.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Show me where in the RCCrawler user handbook does it say that we need to help others?

I am in the process of making a RCCrawler picture book forum. That way the dumb *** newbs can just read the entire site by looking at pictures and drooling on themsleves.
Kind of like what McDonalds had to do because of all the ****ing dumbarse people who can't read what a ****ing cheeseburger is. The came up with a picture menu so you can just sit there and point to what the **** they want. Imagine that topic at the board meeting. " We are loosing share to the ignant people who are on the 'no child left behind program' in our school system". "Let's just use the tard menu so we can gain back those people".

I am not against helping but it does get really tiring answering the same questions. Maybe instead of a FAQ section we can have Noobs go through an online training camp of sorts. Then when they sign off on it then they can go on to the board.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo
Maybe instead of a FAQ section we can have Noobs go through an online training camp of sorts. Then when they sign off on it then they can go on to the board.
That program is already in place, we have specially trained retards (slbks5, shagrat69 and others) located over at CT that are supposed to train these monkeys before they come here.

It's obviously not working.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I just figured it takes less inteligence to find the FAQ than searching. I mean, with a search, you actually hafta work and we can't be expecting these virgins to do that. I've only been on this site fo a short time and it would've helped me out. I know that all answers are buried somewhere on the site and actually have time (while I'm at work) to look for them. I've spent hours on the search feature and still had to ask ?'s that were probably dumb. Letting a FAQ evolve over time with info submitted by users would not be too hard to do. I'm sayin, don't expect it to be there overnight but it can happen.

lets just say a NooB named DORK DUNGLER gets on and is wondering if there is a certain crawl ratio for his clod with lathes that is preffered over another. Instead of him asking and being told to SEARCH!!!!! and thats all, he (or she, depending on if its the weekend or not) can be pointed in the direction of the FAQ instead of left on his (or her) ***. And on the FAQ, there could be answers left by others as to whick ratio they like and why. Don't get me wrong, we all know the NooB will ask even if the answer is right on the first page.... But the whole point of a forum like this is to get answers and help from others experience. Not told to find it on their own.

You're right the whole point of the forum is to get answers, but this isn't FEMA. Just because you didn't evacuate doesn't mean we're gonna be there to save your pathetic ***. FAQ stickies, work for a few, but not the whole, just look at the for sale forum, the rules are perfectly stated and every day there are handfuls of idiots that post to the mods crying cause their post didn't show up or was deleted. Truth of the matter is, we like to help people learn, but people have to take initiative as well. Even unemployement or FEMA benefits stop after a while.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's obviously not working.
Yeah no kidding.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That program is already in place, we have specially trained retards (slbks5, shagrat69 and others) located over at CT that are supposed to train these monkeys before they come here.
ROTFLMAO !

I found this photo of some A- hole about to piss on a truck with a CT sticker on the back window
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #19

wow you guys are hard on us newbie's...I think a FAQ tread is not the answer...it would take up just as much space as asking the same ? over and over...what gets me is
"everytime i do a search i have to read about 10 reply's that have nothing to do with the answer but it's all about your *** and ****that and and kiss-my-***....."
I like a good laugh too but lets not ***************every thread....
OH thanks for reading my reply
Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

i came here and asked some stupid questions and got my fairshare of abuse, but know what it made me do, use the search button, read some and guess what, i had to do something for my self, i guess this is probbly offensive to all the liberals, but everybody ain't gonna wipe your a$$ all the time some times you gotta do it yourself...
Closed Thread