Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

View Poll Results: Crawler King or SCX10 TR?
HPI Crawler King 10 12.20%
Axial SCX10 TR (Dingo or Honcho) 72 87.80%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Crawler King vs. SCX10 TR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

yeah i did that too. those are their different bundle kits that come w/ every thing. unless they totally changed the catalog, it should be the same as before. ill check again and let you know, but the kit is 204 and the rtr should be 239
martinez34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #22

I recently bought the SCX10 TR dingo for me and my boys (2 and 6yr olds). It is perfect all around for beginners here on our ranch. Just listed it on the classifieds with batt., charger, and driveshaft rings for $310 shipped. I found a good deal on a ttr50 dirt bike and need money soon.
fyrfytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

My bro-in-law drives the HPI CK and he couldn't be happier with the performance. His CK has kept up with my Axial's with no issue at all. As stated already, if possible, try both of them out and decide. However, IMO, I would go with Axial...I have three of them and they can take a beating! My daughter is 4 and she loves her Honcho, son is 11 and loves his AX10.

Either way, welcome to the addiction!
mangus7175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I have to say that the Honcho is a great bet. It looks sweet, crawls like a mofo, and definitely has Axial quality and durability. My buddy just got one, and ran it yesterday. I couldn't belive how capable a crawler it was! I have a full custom SWX, and he could damn near do all that I could! It's a great rig. I would also suggest going the route of a kit, and adding your own electronics(Tekin FX-R, 35 turn motor, and perhaps a Spektrum radio)). More $ initially, but cheaper in the long run, and WAY more control!! If you go RTR, chances are pretty good that you will upgrade the electronics in no time. Welcome to crawling. This is hands down the most crack like of any RC I have done! It really is a serious addiction!
Mayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #25

scx10 is ftw.
JeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I think everyone has me convince...of course now I am going to wait until next Monday when the Axial Countdown hits zero just to see what they are releasing. Then I will probably go ahead and order the Honcho Kit!
kurtz49 is offline   Reply With Quote