Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial... But Which One?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
I never saw where I nor anyone else got huffy. You also never answered the question of "have you actually driven an SCX10". To know one means exactly what? Having driven another x brand scaler is not the same as an SCX I can guarantee.

I own both a losi comp crawler and the SCX, however the SCX will always get more run time because it's much more fun to drive in different places. I will probably also buy the new XR10, but still, the SCX will get more runtime.

A comp crawler is fun on rocks and that is it. Nothing you have set up for bashing will compete on the rocks period. It's two different worlds and buying an AX10 at this point and thinking you will be a serious competitor on the rocks is futile. You would have to spend several hundred just to get it to perform even close to an LCC. You sure won't take it mudding, or trail running, or down on the beach to cruise in the sand. On the other hand an SCX you will.
I'm really not getting into all your rant but thinking ya can't take a ax10 bashing, mudding, or trail running, or down on the beach to cruise in the sand is just crazy talk. Of course my revo or slash 4x4 would be way more fun for that!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
I'm really not getting into all your rant but thinking ya can't take a ax10 bashing, mudding, or trail running, or down on the beach to cruise in the sand is just crazy talk. Of course my revo or slash 4x4 would be way more fun for that!
true, i took my LCC on the scale trails today! just gets boring because it does it all so easy!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
So someone having a different opinion than you is a rant?

Obviously you are one of those that thinks your opinion is the only one that matters and how dare anyone disagree with you.

You completely miss the points made and only live in your own little world, have fun with that.

The SCX is a good all around truck that can do a bit of everything and is fun to drive. Setup well it is very capable for a scaler type truck and a great starting point for someone not sure what direction they want to go in. It is the only truck I have owned that is fun to drive everywhere and gets more use than the rest of my vehicles combined.

Last edited by TexasSP; 07-04-2010 at 08:28 AM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

I have the RTR Honcho, and have no complaints.

I bought the RTR over the kit as I wasn't sure how much I was going to mod the Honcho, I can't leave anything stock. Its a very capable truck out of the box, and I was surprised at how well it was able to overcome obstacles.

I also picked up a used kit. If you're on a limited budget, the RTR Honcho is the way to go. You can slowly upgarde it as the budget allows.
squirrel886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #25

cut the bull shitting guys, please lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel886 View Post
I have the RTR Honcho, and have no complaints.

I bought the RTR over the kit as I wasn't sure how much I was going to mod the Honcho, I can't leave anything stock. Its a very capable truck out of the box, and I was surprised at how well it was able to overcome obstacles.

I also picked up a used kit. If you're on a limited budget, the RTR Honcho is the way to go. You can slowly upgarde it as the budget allows.
thanks for your feedback
silverbullet32 is offline   Reply With Quote