Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: cant find diagram for two motors cc bec and 1 esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

so hooked to the battery and the plug not connected to the rx i should get 5.1 volts across the brown and red wires?
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #22
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctracy View Post
Attachment 143356 this is a pic of the way i have the bec wired into the esc/battery. so i can unplug it easily.
Unplug the BEC and use your voltmeter to see if you are getting battery voltage at the Deans connector you soldered on.

Then plug the BEC back in and measured voltage at the red and black BEC input wires.
This is just to be sure you have no bad solder connections. I had a cold solder joint on Pepe that caused me headaches.

If you have battery voltage going into the CC BEC and 0 volts coming out, then the BEC is defective.

If you continue to run with the ESC's red wire plugged in you are running off the ESC's BEC and the CC BEC is doing nothing.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #23
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
so hooked to the battery and the plug not connected to the rx i should get 5.1 volts across the brown and red wires?
Correct.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

i thought the same thing about checking volts at the plug. we all think we can solder but you never know. LOL good volts at plug. sucks i just bought this yesterday. i guess all man made stuff breaks. crap. was looking forward to running it this afternoon. oh well. thanks for all your help grizzly. I appreciate it. I read all kinds of info on here about the bec wiring and it was kicking my butt. it seemed pretty simple but couldnt understand why it wasnt working. now I know. bad parts. should have thought of that last night before i lost sleep staying up late. thanks again man.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #25
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
i thought the same thing about checking volts at the plug. we all think we can solder but you never know. LOL good volts at plug. sucks i just bought this yesterday. i guess all man made stuff breaks. crap. was looking forward to running it this afternoon. oh well. thanks for all your help grizzly. I appreciate it. I read all kinds of info on here about the bec wiring and it was kicking my butt. it seemed pretty simple but couldnt understand why it wasnt working. now I know. bad parts. should have thought of that last night before i lost sleep staying up late. thanks again man.
No problem. You understood the wiring better than you thought, just got a bad part. That's too bad, I saw another thread that was similar. The bad BEC thing seems to be happening too often.

I hope you get a new BEC soon and get up and running. Glad to help.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #26
www.team3sixrc.com

stuff is on my website.
I dont have a dual ESC diagram for one ESC because at the time they didnt make one. Tech. the issue is having 2 motors running the same way which is 1 outta a hundred. But things have changed in the past 10 months or so.

check around my website at Electronics 101 and scroll down to near the end of the page.
www.team3sixrc.com

Last edited by team3six; 09-14-2010 at 09:41 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

i looked at your site last night. very good info under the electronics 101. I just thought i was missing something because when i pulled the red wire from the esc (which i am assuming is the internal bec) i had nothing. long story short....unsoldering...resoldering.....2 cans of skoal and an almost all nighter i find out i have a bad bec from cc. they are shipping me a new one. started second guessing the crap out of everything i was doing. rig seems to run fine without the bec.....and new mamba max....leaving in a minute to go to the rocks. will post reply when i get back. hopefully i see big improvement. thanks for all your help. btw your site was the one I thought i bookmarked for future reference but apparently not. it is now though. thanks everyone for the advise and help.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #28
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Looks like you got it figured out. Even though you have a bad part. Keep us up to date when you get it back and installed.

At least you can still drive your rig!
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

ok got the new bec yesterday hooked it up to castle link....worked....set to 6 volts. getting ready to install in truck. if I use r2j's diagram on page 1 post 8 what is the best way to connect the bec wires to the servo? Do you just solder them together? I am going to try 3six's diagram but i like the bec going direct to servo. why? i dont know just do.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #30
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I like to make up one end, either servo or BEC, with a female end. Usually do the positive and negative on the servo so that I can still program the BEC. But you can solder them together too. I just like to be able to take it a part if need be.

I like having the servo powered by the BEC directly, just makes more sense.

I keep both male and female plug kits in my tool box. Scroll down to the EMS section.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=MHA
Old 09-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

wow...didnt even know those existed. now i have to ponder ordering some and waiting or just splicing them. hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #32
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

How's it coming?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Default Wtf !!! Lol

Just thought Id let yall know that I read this whole thing and I dont know how in tha hail yall cept it all straight. When I start wiring stuff together in my crawler.....my frickin porch light is gonna come on....IM DOOMED !!!!
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote