Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: cant find diagram for two motors cc bec and 1 esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default cant find diagram for two motors cc bec and 1 esc

Ok so i have searched and searched for the diagram to wire up my rig. two motors. one cc bec one cc mamba max. I know alot of you are gonna say use the search....the search button is your friend. way too many hits for me to find it. I even looked in the stickies and had no luck. i found it a month ago and thought i book marked it but apparently not. help a newb out.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Here you go...scroll down a ways.

Definitive wiring diagrams for BECs Rx Servos Motors etc.

And this.

Definitive Radio, Power Wiring, BEC and Servo Threads-- RCC's Top Tech Threads!

Sticky in electronics section.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

got it thanks. i was actually trying to figure out how to wire the two motors together...best way. as well as the bec. guess the motor part isnt to difficult to figure out. not for sure if i want the front or back motor to be reveresed polarity. found some good info on team3six site. thanks alot.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

ok i am having issues wiring this cc bec up. stock rc with rs 10. the rx has 4 places to plug it into. channel 1 is the front servo. channel 2 is the esc. channel 3 is the rear servo i dont use. channel 4 i am guessing is for the bec? I have the red and black wires of bec hooked to battery power. I removed the red wire from the esc plug that goes to rx. I plugged the bec into channel 4. I get nothing. acting like the esc wants to "bind". I am assuming the rx can accept a bec. when i unplug bec and hooked the red wire back up to the esc plug that goes into the rx everything works. I have seen numerous diagrams about how to wire this thing up. I have to be missing something somewhere.Name:  bec.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  34.2 KB

this thing is kicking my ars. also i read where you can adjust the bec with the castle link. can figure that out either. i have the esc programmed but cant figure the bec out. got any ideas? I have seen the bec hooked directly to the servo. maybe I need to do this but not sure where you guys are getting the harness at to do that. any ideas? dont laugh at the diagram. its 120 am and i am tired.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

another question. i see that different mfg use different color wires on the servos etc....how do i know which wires are which?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctracy View Post
another question. i see that different mfg use different color wires on the servos etc....how do i know which wires are which?
Black and brown are always negative. You can plug the BEC into ANY open port on your Rx. The BEC should program just like any other castle equipment....setting the voltage is the only option you'll have...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

so red is pos and yellow is signal? so how do i set the voltage? the castle link has nowhere to plug into the bec. i did plug bec into channel 4.......unhooked red wire from esc and it doesnt work.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #8
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

This is how I wire in a BEC.

On your Castle Link, you must not have the adapter. It plugs into the receiver plug. Sidewinder and MMPro use it too.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html
Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
so red is pos and yellow is signal? so how do i set the voltage? the castle link has nowhere to plug into the bec. i did plug bec into channel 4.......unhooked red wire from esc and it doesnt work.
Do you have the Castle Link adapter or just the USB cable? Since the BEC has no mini-usb port (like the Max), you have to use the adapter. It's the wire with the small circuit board on one end like in this pic:

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/csephxl.htm
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

yes i do have that thing. not sure where it plugs in though. r2j so u put 2 wires from the bec into the servo plug....i got that part but cant figure out which wires to use and which one to leave out. so you dont leave the red wire from the esc out of the plug then? on the bec is brown red orange. brown is neg red is pos orange is signal?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
yes i do have that thing. not sure where it plugs in though. r2j so u put 2 wires from the bec into the servo plug....i got that part but cant figure out which wires to use and which one to leave out. so you dont leave the red wire from the esc out of the plug then? on the bec is brown red orange. brown is neg red is pos orange is signal?

It plugs into the receiver lead then the USB cable plugs into adapter.

Leave the ESC red wire in and plug it in as normal. Yes signal on BEC is orange wire. What servo are you running?

Last edited by R2j; 09-08-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

stock servo that came with rs10. fixing to upgrade so i want to get all this hooked up correctly. just installed new mamba max as well.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #13
PapaGriz Yo

Looking at your RX like in the diagram you posted, make sure all the brown or black (negative) wires are on the left side.
It's easy to plug in the BEC or ESC plug backwards (like you show in your diagram ).

While R2J's wiring will work great, the way you are wiring yours will work just fine. I ran my 2.2 MiniClod comp rig like that for a long time.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

just got off phone with cc. i cant access the bec from the link but i have a green light on the bec. might be bad bec. just bought it yesturday. lol gonna try to hook it up again and see what happens. this time though gonna hook straight to servo like r2j's diagram.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

ok r2j's didnt work either. so i plugged bec into channel 4 left the red wire from esc in the plug and i have steering and fwd and rev. if i unplug the red wire i wont have fwd or rev. does the red wire need to be unplugged from esc? what will it hurt if i dont unplug it?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #16
PapaGriz Yo

If the CC BEC output and the ESC BEC are the same voltage then you can leave the red wire of the ESC in place. It's really only a problem if the voltages are different.

However, if your system doesn't work with the red wire removed from the ESC plug then your CC BEC is not working. You are running off the ESC's BEC.

Do you not have a voltmeter to just connect to the brown and red wires of the CC BEC output and measure the voltage?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
ok r2j's didnt work either. so i plugged bec into channel 4 left the red wire from esc in the plug and i have steering and fwd and rev. if i unplug the red wire i wont have fwd or rev. does the red wire need to be unplugged from esc? what will it hurt if i dont unplug it?
With r2j's setup you will need to leave the red wire in place on the ESC plug. With his setup the BEC only powers the servo so the RX will be powered by the ESC.

Can you post pictures? Most times it's something plugged in or wired wrong that you keep missing.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 09-08-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

yes i have a volt meter.....i get 0 volts across brown and red wires with it unplugged from the rx. i am hooking it up like my diagram above. i will take a pic resize and post.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

ok o volts across brown and red on the bec with it unplugged from rx.
Name:  wiringresize.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  61.8 KB pic of all the wires in the rx. i am told from redcat that white or yellow is always signal. pos is always red and neg is brown or black.

Name:  wiring1resize.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  70.8 KB this is a pic of the way i have the bec wired into the esc/battery. so i can unplug it easily.

it appears to work if i plug the bec into channel 4. but i am not removing the red wire from the esc plug. so am i using the internal bec or the cc bec? I also cant get the bec to show up with the castle link software. called castle and they said that was odd since i have a green light on the bec but red on link chip. said the stock voltage setting on the bec is 5.1 volts. but i dont know what the internal bec voltage is on the mamba max. forgot to ask.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #20
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
yes i have a volt meter.....i get 0 volts across brown and red wires with it unplugged from the rx. i am hooking it up like my diagram above. i will take a pic resize and post.
Sounds like your CC BEC is not working. The BEC's are set to 5.1V from the factory so if you are getting no voltage then it's bad.