Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: help!-- Torque twist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

You will never get rid of TT.
4 link helps but it is a characteristic of a shaft driven truck. O/D and U/D will help as well
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom94offroaduk View Post
in the end ive put loads more weight in my front wheels, this seems to have helped loads but i'll take the other advice on board.
That will kind of help TT, but mainly just keeps the front end on the ground.

Have you found the suspension tech thread that is stickied to the top of one of these sections? I forget exactly which one it is...either the noob or general...

edit: its actually in this section, second thread down from the top. Click on it, then click on the link in the first post. Pick a topic and start reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioptricStraw View Post
You will never get rid of TT.
4 link helps but it is a characteristic of a shaft driven truck. O/D and U/D will help as well
True, true, and true.

A little is always there.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 02-22-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Since torque twist is such a common problem I thought it would be worth adding some more info/opinion of the topic.

If you have a RTR or near stock rig, the first adjustment you should consider to reduce the effects of torque twist is, in my opinion, to install a stiffer left rear spring. Those who have said thicker fluid (it's not oil) or more pre-load won't help are partially correct. Thicker fluid won't really do a thing, but pre-load on the left rear will help--a little. It's also free. A stiffer left rear spring will also help a lot. Try it. If you're worried that having an odd spring in the rear will cause wacky handling, install stiff springs on both rear shocks. Odds are you'll love the setup.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
Since torque twist is such a common problem I thought it would be worth adding some more info/opinion of the topic.

If you have a RTR or near stock rig, the first adjustment you should consider to reduce the effects of torque twist is, in my opinion, to install a stiffer left rear spring. Those who have said thicker fluid (it's not oil) or more pre-load won't help are partially correct. Thicker fluid won't really do a thing, but pre-load on the left rear will help--a little. It's also free. A stiffer left rear spring will also help a lot. Try it. If you're worried that having an odd spring in the rear will cause wacky handling, install stiff springs on both rear shocks. Odds are you'll love the setup.
After doing a few tweaks (weighting etc.....) ive seemed to eliminate it quite well, also my rig already comes with a stiffer spring
Tom94offroaduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Had the same problem with my rig. Just search it.
Dillpickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torque twist