Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: TXT 1 Spools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question TXT 1 Spools

hello everyone, i am currently a e maxx owner. i am looking to move to a truck with solid axles. i was wondering if the txt - 1 axles are locked or if they are not. if they are not locked, is there a spool you can put right in the gearbox to lock them or do you have to use some kind of locking fluid. also, how well does this locking fluid work. i know in the emaxx you just through in a differential spool and your all set to go. thank you for your input.

noob_superman
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The most common way to lock the txt axle is by using JB weld.you just fill the diff with it,let it set over night,and you have yourself some locked diffs!you can also use those maxx axles.just lock the arms out.before you go postin somethin else,try usin the search button.its extremely helpful,and fast!check the maxx forums on how to lock the suspension arms out
WestCoastPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
RCC Addict

so i cant use a spool like i can on the e maxx? i havent been modify trucks very long i want to build the easiest truck i can. i know i my emaxcx it was easy i just threw in the spool ans i was done. does this jb liquid hold up good? also where is a good place to get it. thank you

noob_superman
Old 05-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

DUDE USE THE DAMA SEARCH BUTTON!! **** it aint hard. JB Weld can be found at WALMART!!!!!!!! Or target or some automotive store. The TXT is easy to build. I have seen them built and have helped. Just follow the directions and then your set dude.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
RCC Addict

in the time it took you to write that up and be a dick you could have just answered my questions thank you. ill just find what i need online.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Buy a TXT kit. When assembling the axles, instead of filling the differential with lubricant as suggested, fill it with JB Weld. It is a 2 part epoxy that cures to be reportedly as strong as steel. Engine guys use it to repair stripped threads in engine blocks; they fill a hole, let it cure, then drill and tap it. It's plenty strong for this application. It's about $6 for a good ammount of it. Once you got the TXT together, find the "How to modify a TXT" sticky in the TXT forum and follow those directions. BAM! you got an entry level crawler. Done. Not a dick. The search button will be very helpful in the future.
rerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
RCC Addict

thanx rerock i appreciate the help. i understand what i need to do now. i tried using the search function before but was getting an error. im using IE 7 beta. i plan on going back to the more stable ie 6 today.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Actually I type pretty fast. But seriuosly JB weld works as well as any spool. Just remember that once you JB weld it you would have to buy new gears for the diff in order to put it back to the original settings. When you assemble it make sure you go ahead and put in a rear steer servo cause that wilol help with turning alot. With just the front steer and locked diffs it will turn, but just not as-well as it would without the diffs locked. Hope this helps a little. Also do read that sticky cause there is alot of nice stuff on there. And also you could look back at the older fourms in the TXT section and find alot of nice things in there.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
RCC Addict

thank you for the information. ill be doing alot of reading over the next couple days.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #10
R.I.P. Chip

Here is a great resource for building a TXT.

http://www.rccrawler.com/20txt.htm

And here is a good article that shows you how to lock your diffs.

http://www.rccrawler.com/txtdiff.htm
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Show us some pics once you get everything done. I am gonna build my own in a few weeks. Helped a buddy do his the other night. I did not see it run nor did I see it all the way togeather. But I hope I will soon. Good Luck!!!