Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: DF-02 based crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #1

Talking DF-02 based crawler

My first post so be nice.

I am in the process of converting my DF-02 into a crawler. I originally got my nephew a DF-02 and got this one as a parts donor incase he broke his.

There's not much room in my garden so I thought I'd see if I could make my buggy more suited.

So far I fitted a 70t motor and speed controller and some 100mm shocks on the rear, (going to get some of these for the front soon) a new shock tower on the front and moved the standard rear shocks to the front.

Its got about 2" of movement on each corner. currently still on 80mm tyres, I've got some 108mm on order and some 128mm ones for mud.

The body is a home made Citroen 2cv (ish) thing, I'm thinking about making a Suzuki SJ body (I have a 1:1 samurai for reference) The total weight of the setup is 6kg, I added extra weight on top of this over the front wheels to get more movement out of the front.

Its currently RWD as My nephew lost a drive cup and I donated him one of mine and have had trouble sourcing new ones, I finally got some alloy ones but still waiting for delivery.

Pics

New front shock tower

The Tamiya shocks are too stiff.

Notice the extra weight tucked into the bumper

Slow motion

df-02 cruggy 2.wmv - YouTube

I'm thinking about getting one of those HPI reduction gearboxes to suit the larger diameter tyres.

Hope you like it.
suterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

DF-02 based crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ofna based Crawler Twisted Links Traxxas Crawlers 18 01-01-2010 06:10 PM
my WK based crawler. NMB2 HPI Wheely King 5 11-25-2008 02:00 PM
Which is better, A clod based crawler or Shaft/axle based crawler? Nova's Ark Newbie General 8 07-10-2007 10:34 AM
Now I can build a WK based crawler... drcooper Newbie General 3 06-21-2007 04:30 PM