Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: novak motors?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default novak motors?

anybody run the novak 35t terra claw motor are they any good? thanks.
chazekxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: novak motors?

s
e
a
r
c
h
!

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #3

I was looking for this the other day and could not find anything, so I gave up. If anyone knows where Novak Terra Claw motors have been discussed, please link or at least tell us the name of the thread.
DogSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Suck it up!

Just searched "terra claw" and came up with a bunch of threads.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

iam not a noob just asking a ? so dont know why this was moved here?

Last edited by chazekxt; 06-09-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #6

But you are a noob, and so am I. That makes us especially prone to getting flamed when we ask a question that everyone thinks is best answered by a search. Sometimes the mods will move those kind of threads to the newbie section where everyone has to be nice.

I searched through a bunch of the threads that come up when you search Novak Terra Claw, and didn't find anything. The problem is that search pulls up all threads that mention Novak, Terra, or Claw (as far as I can tell), so you get a bunch of irrelevant results. I haven't bothered to learn how to do a boolean search on here yet because it was just something I was looking up out of curiosity. If you find anything useful, please link to it here so that the next noob who comes along will find it when he does a search.
DogSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogSpoon View Post
Sometimes the mods will move those kind of threads to the newbie section where everyone has to be nice.
Exactly correct, DogSpoon. It's not meant as an insult to the original poster, but to keep flaming and BS out of a thread that has a question that has been asked numerous times. Like this one.

Simply put, the Terra Claw motors are not good. They'll work for a while, but will always be sub par in performance and since they can't be taken apart to be maintained, they're just not as good as other motors.

Same goes for the RC4WD cheap motors.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

You would be better to spend more money on the Novak Rockstars.. At least they are rebuildable!! And as for being a newb!! That has no reason a simple answer couldnt be given!!!!!!!!! You were a newb at one point to! OH and the search engine isnt that great all end all to finding the right answer!!

Back on topic.. What are you using the motors for??? I would suggest a rebuildable motor of any brand that way it can be repaired in the future etc... Ive got the 45t rockstars in my XR10 and for a fairly budget freindly motor.. They have been great!
gtxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxr View Post
You would be better to spend more money on the Novak Rockstars.. At least they are rebuildable!!
For the price of the Rockstars you could buy a Holmes Hobbies or Brood motor...way better.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed

Team Brood Racing :: Crawler Motors

Quote:
And as for being a newb!! That has no reason a simple answer couldnt be given!!!!!!!!! You were a newb at one point to! OH and the search engine isnt that great all end all to finding the right answer!!
There are many reasons, and yes, I was a noob, and yes, I too was told to use the search button. So I did. I've learned tons more and in a shorter amount of time by searching and reading than I would have by asking and waiting for people to tell me what I want to know.

The search engine works fine. Just because it may not spit out the exact answer you are looking for doesn't mean its broken. Besides, nobody gets flamed for searching for stuff on their own.

Also, I wasn't flaming. You would know it if I did.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
You would be better to spend more money on the Novak Rockstars.. At least they are rebuildable!! And as for being a newb!! That has no reason a simple answer couldnt be given!!!!!!!!! You were a newb at one point to! OH and the search engine isnt that great all end all to finding the right answer!!

Back on topic.. What are you using the motors for??? I would suggest a rebuildable motor of any brand that way it can be repaired in the future etc... Ive got the 45t rockstars in my XR10 and for a fairly budget freindly motor.. They have been great!
its for my honcho tr .and thanks.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

DUUUUDE is right though! about one thing! If you do some searching around the internet you can get better motors for less $$$$ Just depends on what you want to spend I guess!?
gtxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
Suck it up!

Quote:
DUUUUDE is right though! about one thing! If you do some searching around the internet you can get better motors for less $$$$ Just depends on what you want to spend I guess!?
It's about more than better value...there are tons of vendors who actively support not only this site but crawling in general. They work hard to bring us products that we want and keep this sport moving forward. Just about anything you could want that is worth a crap for a crawler can be purchased through one of this sites vendors.

I don't think I've purchased anything from Tower or eBay or any of the other big internet companies in over 3 years. Chances are that if I can't find it in the classifieds or through one of our vendors, I don't need it. I'd rather give my money to someone who supports us than someone who is just out to make a profit and could care less whether crawling lives or dies.

That's my $.02
Old 06-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
...I don't think I've purchased anything from Tower or eBay or any of the other big internet companies in over 3 years. Chances are that if I can't find it in the classifieds or through one of our vendors, I don't need it. I'd rather give my money to someone who supports us than someone who is just out to make a profit and could care less whether crawling lives or dies.

That's my $.02
And that is strictly US-centric thinking. Not everything can be reasonably obtained in the classifieds and RCC vendors for non-US buyers. Some of the RCC vendors want an atrocious amount of shipping to send items across the border. Others, in all fairness, are willing to work with us on acceptable postage.

I've also tried on several occasions to buy items via the classifieds without any success. Nada. Most won't even answer a PM when queried about shipping to Canada. Others have flat out stated they aren't interested in cross border shipping..."too much hassle". And others have quoted such an unreal cost for shipping to Canuckville that it's laughable.

So, for us outside of the US, it's buy where you can and from anyone that's willing to work with us and not put a stranglehold on our short and curlies.

That's my $.02
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #14
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
And that is strictly US-centric thinking. Not everything can be reasonably obtained in the classifieds and RCC vendors for non-US buyers. Some of the RCC vendors want an atrocious amount of shipping to send items across the border. Others, in all fairness, are willing to work with us on acceptable postage.

I've also tried on several occasions to buy items via the classifieds without any success. Nada. Most won't even answer a PM when queried about shipping to Canada. Others have flat out stated they aren't interested in cross border shipping..."too much hassle". And others have quoted such an unreal cost for shipping to Canuckville that it's laughable.

So, for us outside of the US, it's buy where you can and from anyone that's willing to work with us and not put a stranglehold on our short and curlies.

That's my $.02
I completely understand. It sucks that its like that and I wish it weren't so.

I'll ship to Canadia, but it won't be my usual method unless the buyer wants to pay extra because it can be double or triple what it would cost to ship "locally".
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I completely understand. It sucks that its like that and I wish it weren't so.

I'll ship to Canadia, but it won't be my usual method unless the buyer wants to pay extra because it can be double or triple what it would cost to ship "locally".

Or even more.
Chack100 is offline   Reply With Quote

novak motors? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any one try novak motors? keebler1510 Redcat Crawlers 0 05-01-2012 08:37 PM
Novak Brushless motors Sixstring Electronics 1 10-08-2008 07:00 AM
Novak GOAT ESC only works with Novak BL-Motors? True? spiderschwein Electronics 6 09-01-2008 04:11 PM
Novak Crawler motors vs Lathe Motors mikenredding Electronics 11 10-15-2007 01:57 AM