Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Scaler Vs Comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #1

Default Scaler Vs Comp

build a RC for scaler or a RC for comps?
toyotacrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Default Re: Scaler Vs Comp

I'd say build whatever floats your boat. I started out on the comp side but quickly moved to the scale side. It just fit me better. And around here, and for the most part, scale is more laid back.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have one of each, and we comp with our Scale trucks as well.
We have more Scalers than 2.2 Comp Crawlers here in Perth.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
I'd say build whatever floats your boat. I started out on the comp side but quickly moved to the scale side. It just fit me better. And around here, and for the most part, scale is more laid back.
Sort of ditto.
My moved wast forced but I'm very happy where I am.

USRCCA is without a doubt, the highest level of driving focus. SORRCA gives you a little fudge room on your driving by giving points for the truck you built and with a winch you can usually overcome a brain fart. G6 is a sort of middle of both with some twists throw in ... sort of - no points for building, less "scale" requirements and a totally different format with everyone running at once. USRCCA & SORRCA give you shorter run times but you get the ability to watch other drivers even if you are a competitor, which is a fantastic way to learn. 90% of everything I know I learned from watching other guys. G6 has everyone going at once so you don't get as much spectating of other drivers but you get to run for longer and you get some special skills stuff throw in which can make for a very, very fun time.

If you have a local club, I would go out and see what they focus on. The number one thing I find that makes all of this fun is doing it with other people.

OK, that sounded bad.... but you know what I mean.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I started out in comp and expanded to scalers. Now I have 4 comp rigs and 3 scalers. I am lucky because I belong to a local club that is very active during the comp. season. We had 12 scale comps and 12 comp crawler comps and there are two other clubs that we also drive with. Like anything else it is a matter of personal taste. Try to find a club and go check out a get together that they might have. I thought scale was silly until my friend let me drive his Class 2 rig and I was sold. I started with an MRC and got to drive an LCC sold again, then got to drive a MOA guess what happened. Now I have 2 XR10's. I really enjoy the time with friends and the cool places we comp at.

John
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #6

Thanks! We do have a local Shop here and everyone seems to have both. They do comps 2 times a week and scaler comps not as much. I like them both just don't have loads of money to spend on toys. They are addicting tho!! I'll have to see. maybe just buid one to do both!! :P
toyotacrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Scaler Vs Comp - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scaler comp in sept SLPatt South Carolina 2 01-31-2012 12:20 AM
scaler or comp discgolferlee General Crawlers 8 12-17-2010 03:42 AM