Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to crawling, help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #1

Cool New to crawling, help please

Hi
I have several rc cars which are use for bashing (big jumps etc) but wanted to try something a little different, hence wanting a crawler.
I live near the New Forest Hampshire Uk so would like to take the car exploring there.
I have been looking at the different trucks and only one name seems to stand out Axial.
Originally looked at Wraith but am steering away from that as is getting closer to what I have already so SCX10 hots top of the list.
So question is KIT or RTR?
Would really like to build the car but seems to be expensive when the rtr inc all electrics for £70 more. Are the stock electrics that bad?
Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help
Floody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: New to crawling, help please

The electronics aren't that bad, but they aren't that good either. The only thing worth keeping is the esc, so in the long run you are better off with the kit the few upgraded parts it comes with.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #3

After taking a 13-15 year hiatus from anything RC, I bought a RTR Honcho. I didn't know if I would get into it and make all the upgrades and what not that I have nor did I really study brands for motors, ESC, anything like that. I just wanted to try it out and see if I even liked it that much. Knowing what I know now, I would have bought a kit. The only thing still stock is the radio and ESC. Probably spent close to 8-900 dollars including the RTR Honcho so far. Some of that has been trial and error on things I didnt like. Its a learning curve for me. You can save a bit up front with the RTR, enjoying the upgrades as you go. Or start making changes right from the get go. Either way you are going to have fun!
Jadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm building a 2.2 Honcho from ebay scrounged parts it's less expensive if your a patient bidder/shopper.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
england, hampshire, newbie, scx10

New to crawling, help please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new to crawling gofastturnleft Axial Wraith 1 08-24-2011 05:27 PM
Rock crawling vet, new to rc crawling. LowLock Newbie General 3 02-23-2011 07:53 AM
New to RC crawling old to real crawling need help Longgun101 Newbie General 9 11-11-2009 07:05 AM
anyone crawling near vegas going to be crawling on monday or tuesday? KILLER KRAWLER Nevada 4 08-09-2009 08:07 PM