Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: 2s or 3s for yeti...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #1

Default 2s or 3s for yeti...

I have my 1/10 yeti kit finished and went with the RTR motor/esc combo....
My local hobby shop said to go 2s because 3s would be too much and things would break... any suggestions?
seawolf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2015, 12:45 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: 2s or 3s for yeti...

You can choose the Tenshock SC411 &Hobbywing sct pro combo~
Fuamuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
RCC Addict

3s, your better off asking questions on here hobby shops teenies dont always have the right answers
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #4
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i was pondering the same, so i did some youtubing and watched vids of stock setups on 2s. i was pleased.

I personally run 2s because i had them for my drifter. its is more than fast enough for me.

if your going to be doing large area, open type driving you might want to step up to 3s. like on a off road track, front yard, street etc.

i found the 2S to be more than enough.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

the info that I would like to offer is just my experience/opinion only ,,,, the only guarantee is if your car breaks in half you get to keep both halves,,,,
first lets talk about the things that I think pertain to you ,,,
the whole point is for you to be able to make your choices bases on what you want for you not what I or someone else wants for you.,,,,
one lipo batteries one is 2s 7.4 volt battery I think being new this is the one you want .. for now,,,
to start with until you are comfortable/familiar the control and handling of the beast.....
the second battery,,,it is 11.1 volt 3s battery ,,, IMO ,,, the 3s battery is good for 2 things,,,,
1. speed runs on smooth hard surface with major upgrades,,,,and 2. breaking stuff...
a 3s battery in a TRAXXAS 2WD is like an ex girlfriend when she found out you were dating her sister,,,
crazy and is going to break your stuff if she doesn't like your upgrades...
so when you are ready for the 3s we will go down that road (some ex's like it when you date their sister ,,, go figure)
so start out with the ex girl friends sister,, the 2s battery,,, good off road ,,,
will let you think you are in control and handles on road with corners better than the crazy ex.
balance charge all your batteries as often as you can at least every 3-5 cycles ,,,,,
also find a safe place NOT INSIDE YOUR HOUSE to charge your batteries.
...remember the ex GF sister 2s? if you are nice to her she will be nice to you,,,
,,,,,,, the 2s battery is still going to make you pop wheelies,,,
I see that you need some upgrades ,,,,,,, any thing you upgrade from here will be determined by what you want to do.....
if you decide to stay in the hobby you will eventually upgrade from top to bottom,,,,,,
(if you reach this point you prolly went back to dating your crazy ex girlfriend)
but for now just to start,,, until you decide if you are a casual RC guy ,,, or ,,
if the RC is going to claim a major chunk of your life and money..
I am only going to suggest you fix what breaks..
I have a few things that I did ...... but for now to start,,,, you are ahead of where I started...
... if it is working fine now...
then it will most likely be good for a long time .
so start with the 2s battery and get familiar with your battery charger look it up on line and download a manual if possible ,,
don't charge lipo batteries inside your house and check on them while charging....
see what you think and ask more questions as needed and have fun...let us know what you think,,,,
think of what I missed, or need more info on ,and repost .
I will check back later but right now I got to go ..........
my girlfriend invited her sister (my crazy ex ) over to party for my birthday.
MONKEYPIARATE is offline   Reply With Quote

2s or 3s for yeti... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-09-2015 02:10 AM